Airlock stopped bubbling!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok thanks, I'll be giving it ago and testing how many it take each day etc. I have now tested my brews three days in a row, cerveza is at 1010 and the dark ale is at 1011. I will be bottling them Saturday, which is the 7 day mark.

Thought you were going to wait a couple of weeks like everyone suggested?

I know it's exciting and you want to get the beer in the bottles faster so you can drink it, but if you can hold off and wait another week it'll be a better beer for it. Bottle it next Saturday.

On a side note, I'm surprised everyone's being so friendly and helpful. Usually it's just 'Use the search function', as there's heaps of threads just like this one with all the answers already. Hats off.

I was going too wait slc but, I think I have fermented this brew at a too high temperature for it too last another week. Unless that doesn't matter? The next lot I do, I'll leave it for 14 days that's for sure. I was going too do Dr Smurtos golden ale next but I still think I'm abit too new too be attempting that just yet, so I'll just be grabbing a coopers can, and seeing what I can do.

Okay so bottled the brew at day 7. Looked fine and very clear inside. I have now purchased a new fridge and put another two brews down, a Dutch larger and a golden ale, both will now ferment at 18-20 degrees for 2 weeks before I bottle this lot. Thanks for all your help!

Your lager won't go too well at 20 degrees mate. You'd want that down at 12...

Yeah it's hooked up too a temperature gage. Oh hmm that's going too be hard too have it at 12 when the golden ale needs too be 18-20. Maybe I won't brew largers.

manson81 said:
Your lager won't go too well at 20 degrees mate. You'd want that down at 12...
You can brew lager's at 18-20.... At least 1 brewery I know of does all the time.

The yeasts S-189 (swiss lager) and s-23 can be fermented at ale temperatures.

It's a mangrove Jacks Larger, with the premium yeast that comes with the can

I do know how's it's spelt, I keep getting auto corrected and didn't notice :) it's now added into my dictionary.

Latest posts

Back