AHB Biggest Loser Challenge!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How is everyone going with their goals? Ive been away for a few weeks with work, but was able to get into a routine of going for 4km (8ish laps of most ovals) run every 2nd night while the other guys sat around drinking megaswill all afternoon everyday.My best time so far is 24:16, which i am quite happy with. Sitting around 6ish minutes per km. Weight seems to have levelled out around 102kgs but am loosing inches. So pants, t-shirts are becoming looser, had to put another hole in my belt.
And had to buy new jumpers/hoodies as my old ones made me look like a young train station hang out! Way too baggy. Endurance fitness is at a point that i have never in my life been at. Feel 5 years younger in the legs and have a spring in my step.

So all going good at the moment...

I've had a set back. Been an incredibly stressful time lately and I used that as an excuse to eat all the shit that I had been craving lately.

I don't know why I ever liked whopper with cheese burgers so much, they're shit!

I'm getting back into good eating habits and been doing big workouts so I'm back on track.

Did 190 squats (50 front, 50 back, 40 goblet, 50 hack) with weights two days ago and I'm still having trouble walking haha.

Only ran 19K this month due to my back issue early May and then the man flu right after that. Was interesting running with a blocked nose and suffered real bad stitch at 2.5K mark and had to walk every few minutes after that for 30 seconds or so due to painful stitch reoccuring. Stitch for those who do not know is your organs bouncing around inside you pulling down on your diaphragm and gets really bad when your inhale/exhale is going in the opposite direction as your organs stretching the diaphragm more. Something like 20+ KG force can be applied to the diaphragm under these circumstances. The Liver is the worst culprit as it is heaviest and right under the ribs right hand side.

Breathing correctly helps so try not and run with a blocked nose! Ouch!

This coming month I'll be aiming for my usual 43 something K's. I'm working on a new stretching routine now for my back issues. Takes about 15 minutes morning and night. Flexing the entire body and getting flexibility back into the legs and hips area seems to be working well. I did not realise that my right hand side is about half flexibility in some places due to the tightness on that side from back issues being hips and legs mainly. Interesting.

​Weight wise steady at 87.3 KG Was late 86's a while ago but due to the above it's gone up then down with extra exercising at home.

This morning's run was just a 3K'er to get back into the stride and ran average pace of 5.59 Min/km. Average speed 10.0 Kph. First K 5:16, second K 5:32 and last K 6.49. Bloody stitch again mid last K. Still chesty with flu but nose is fine and concentrated breathing technique last .5 K no reoccurring stitch.

Funny thing I never got stitch before, even running 6K's. Maybe its part due to the new running angle with the shoe inserts I'm now using.

I'd happily put 10kg of fat on right now in exchange for not being in rehab for a snapped patellar. Only excercise I can do is my rehab stuff. Leg extensions, quarter squats ( maybe not even quarter haha ) calf raises and 20 million quad activation excercises haha. Boring and hard to do when you have bugger all muscle there. Keeping the weight down though.

How is everyone travelling? I haven't been as strict with the food and drink as of late, but maintained my weight. As i was still quite active. Started Light and easy last wednesday, just for dinners for the wife and I. As we are a little time poor in the evenings to try and cook something all the time. I find it quite tasty and plenty of variety. We have started an 8 week challenge and so far so good, dropped a keg already.

I put 2 kg back on when the really physical part of renovating the house finished, kind of had a party for a fortnight or so. So I've still dropped around 10kg. Will re-focus again soon, like to think I could drop another 10kg.

I've packed on a couple of kg eating & drinking like a king for the last few weeks. Still running twice a week though and running further. usually at least 6km, last one was 8.1km. It actually gets easier after the first 4-5.

Well jumped on the scales this morning and 99.8kg...Very happy. Started the year at 115kg. I haven't been under 100kg since i was about 17 i reckon.
Hoping to get down to somewhere around the 90-95kg range by christmas and i will be a very happy man!
How is everyone else travelling?

Cheers mate, Im sure i could have been 5kgs lighter if i had have been fanatical about it, but there is no fun in that...
Still enjoy a few homebrews and a pizza eevry now and then!

Well done to all doing it. Im just doing the same thing albiet the last week and a half I have been sick and working ona cool new project for myself in the mornings so no running for 1.5 weeks until this morning.

Bam, best 1K, 2K, 3K, 4K and 5K times thus far. Awesome.

I'm in mid 86's now with plenty of beer to go with it :)

Into the 85Kg's now! I need a new belt as I have gone down 7 notches LOL and onto the last notch. Buggar because it's a great belt. I am fitting into L pants as well now. Stuff that I haven't fitted for a decade :blink:

:beerbang: :super:

I used to be really fit, but then I snapped my leg and couldn't move properly for about 12 months and it all went down hill from there. I started last week, at 107kg. My goal is a lean 85 - 90kg. I've set myself a goal of doing tough mudder next year. Small goals in between that, like being able to jog up muttonbird island and back (coffs harborians will understand) and a 5km run in under 30 mins. The toughest part is the steep lifestyle change.

Wish beer wasn't so yummy :p

me_zps3ff4d8e8.jpg

I lost 34 kgs in about 6 months, I have stayed at about 64kgs for about 18 months. Exersise and diet, if you use more energy than you consume you are going to lose weight.

Mate looks like you have gained. Hair. :beerbang:

Seriously.

Super job mate you must be stoked.

Thanks Cube, life is physically a lot easier now, nothing seems to hard to do. I feel better than I did in my 20's.

Stalking Wilbur have a look at Tabata workout.
3 days a week I do 5 mins on exercise bike doing this routine and it kills me.
2 days I do a 30 min ride. (And get off feeling not as dead as a tabata sesh.)

matho said:
me_zps3ff4d8e8.jpg

I lost 34 kgs in about 6 months, I have stayed at about 64kgs for about 18 months. Exersise and diet, if you use more energy than you consume you are going to lose weight.
Did you do a calories in calories out count or did you just move more and eat less?

I need to lose 27kg by mid July or I have to give 3 of my mates $50 each.

Great work BTW.

Latest posts

Back