AHB Articles: Vic XMas in July 2011 - Brew Day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goat: Oh hell YES!

That was so nice at Fent's last year. Anyone know a good butcher on the east side?

Guys,
I'm so jealous of this whole she-bang...
If i can convince the Mrs she can cope with the little bloke , without me for a few hours for beer related stuff ( which she keeps pointing out i am still managing to do, despite the baby lol ) I'd love to pop in for an hour or 3 , if that is ok ?
I'll let you know closer to the day...sorry to not add myself to the non-swap attendees at this stage...
Cheers
Ferg

Ferg, no sweat. Just PM me if your coming and I'll send the details

Hi,

I'd offer to bring various bits and pieces that may be of use (tarps, hops etc.) but I'm still unsure of my travel arrangments or where I'm staying that night.

As soon as I have any of that stuff sorted I'll try to contribute somehow.

Apologies that this is OT but...

Okay, I'm driving.

Lecterfern, you are in the car with me. Don't want petrol money, just good conversation and a beer or two to chuck in the fridge :icon_cheers:

Kleiny - if you want a lift, happy to take you (same conditions apply!). You just get yourself to my place or Lecterfern's.

Assuming Kleiny accepts, that leaves a spare seat in my car (not gonna make 3 sit in the back). If he doesn't, there are 2 spare seats departing from Creswick / Ballarat area. The terms and conditions of travel should be clear by now... :D

I do want to make this clear tho - once at siborgs the car is remaining stationary until the following day when I feel I am up to a drive back to Ballarat. Not gonna play taxi once we get there, to much nice beer to be had!

Siborg - can you send me the addy please? I think I had it but can't seem to find it now...

Oooh I love it when a man takes charge! :lol:

I'll PM or chat to you on the 5th June about the rest (swags etc etc...I've received an offer that we might be able to utilise, but there's still plenty of time for all that ). There's going to be a fair amount of sh*t to cart down - a lot less to cart back because presumably heaps of it will have been drunk. :icon_drunk:

Goat: Oh hell YES!

That was so nice at Fent's last year. Anyone know a good butcher on the east side?

There is a free range butcher in Belgrave. I haven't been there so can't vouch but it might be worth checking out.

Any votes on suggested brews? There is a list of suggestions in the wiki - feel free to add your own or vote for one from the list.

I'm keen.

I reckon I'd probably drive so happy to carpool.

Don't know what I can really contribute as far as equipment goes other than a pair of keen hands.

I've added some additions to the article. Put my name on a few lists, etc.

Hi all, im new to all this but could i come along?

I have 2batches in fermented and one to go in in a week so i should have something to swap.

Also i could bring a mash tub and some grain?

George

Hi all, im new to all this but could i come along?

I have 2batches in fermented and one to go in in a week so i should have something to swap.

Also i could bring a mash tub and some grain?

George
Hi poggor

You're most welcome to come. The actual swap is full, though.

Swap aside, feel free to come along with some beer. We'll be brewing, eating, drinking, talking beer shite all afternoon into the wee hours of the morning. Where abouts are you located?

I'll be doing a massive PM to everyone soon with my address and more details on the event.

Hi poggor

You're most welcome to come. The actual swap is full, though.

Swap aside, feel free to come along with some beer. We'll be brewing, eating, drinking, talking beer shite all afternoon into the wee hours of the morning. Where abouts are you located?

I'll be doing a massive PM to everyone soon with my address and more details on the event.

ok sounds good. shame about the case swap. dont you need 25 people for a case swap? can i go on the reserve list in case?

im in elwood.

cheers

ok sounds good. shame about the case swap. dont you need 25 people for a case swap? can i go on the reserve list in case?

im in elwood.

cheers

Click on the 2nd link in my signature. It will take you to the case swap thread where the list is and you can add your name to the reserve list. There has been a lot of discussion regarding numbers in the past and its generally agreed that 24 is a good number.

Click on the 2nd link in my signature. It will take you to the case swap thread where the list is and you can add your name to the reserve list. There has been a lot of discussion regarding numbers in the past and its generally agreed that 24 is a good number.
Done! thanks!

g

im in elwood.

cheers
there will most likely be some drop outs. so hang in there and have something ready

there will most likely be some drop outs. so hang in there and have something ready

no problems- i have a few things on the go. just out of interest

1) is 24 long necks a full "batch"
2) if i start something like a belgian blond now, will it be ready in time?

cheers

OK Guys. Let's get cracking on the brew day info. I'm gonna put forward that we go with.... Munich Dunkel.

Lets see if we can decide on a recipe... I'll have a go when I get home. I think we have 5 cubes to be brewed

Back