AHB Articles: Vic XMas in July 2011 - Brew Day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers for the offer but we should be right on the hops.

You can stir the decoction if the other helpers forget their duties.

Pitched two packs of 34/70 onto this today. Topped up with 3.2L of water to bring it to the desired OG of 1.056.

It's in the fridge as we speak on 9.6deg. Will aerate again in the morning.

Pitched two packs of 34/70 onto this today. Topped up with 3.2L of water to bring it to the desired OG of 1.056.

It's in the fridge as we speak on 9.6deg. Will aerate again in the morning.
I left it as is. I used the wyeast munich lager yeast on it and made a 4L starter. It's been lagering at 1 degree for a week now. Will transfer to the keg soon and continue to lager for another few weeks.

Mine went into the lager fridge yesterday.

I do some kind of diluting boil with a few extra hop (not much - maybe 5 litre boil of half wort, half water with a few tettnanger pellets).

Tastes good so far but I'll try and leave it in the fridge for 3 weeks.

Mine went into the lager fridge yesterday.

I do some kind of diluting boil with a few extra hop (not much - maybe 5 litre boil of half wort, half water with a few tettnanger pellets).

Tastes good so far but I'll try and leave it in the fridge for 3 weeks.
What did you finish at? I think mine got down to about 1.015 so hopefully not too full

Mine finished at 1.015 as well. Has been lagering for 8 weeks now. Drinking nicely.

Put it into Bayside's Oktoberfest and it came 6th.

Mine finished at 1.015 as well. Has been lagering for 8 weeks now. Drinking nicely.

Put it into Bayside's Oktoberfest and it came 6th.
Did they say it was too roasty? Did you do anything to the wort or just use it as is?

I put mine in as a schwarzbier (roastiness allowable) on account of the vicbrew feedback.

Haven't seen the results yet though. Wanted to enter my altbier that won its vicbrew category but noticed the bottle (last one) had gunge inside it so went the dunkel/schwarz instead.

Back