AHB Articles: Vic X-mas In July 2010 Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so we should probably start talking about orgaising the actual day ?

food? i'm organising spit but everyone can bring nibbles - *cue jokes about meat not being ready till midnight you jokers - tell me what your bringing
is someone putting my brewery through its pace's?
who needs sleeping room?
who's bringing extra fire wood?
anyone got a big tarp and some rope incase it rains?
who's bringing kegs and who needs serving room or has their own party setup?

Okay,

I've added a brewday wiki page to the articles section - linky

Just like the last one, put any relevant details of the swap day here, makes it a hella lot easier than trawling through 16 pages of this thread.

I like the idea of putting the brewery through it's paces.

Shall we start throwing around ideas for a brew project? I'm voting for something different from the normal pale or golden ale. Bock? Wit? dubbel? Is KISS a better approach? I'd be happy to do the TTLL from last time actually. I have plans for that one. Eis the fker.

On the meat front, does anyone have a guy? If we settle this quick, I might be able to get access to some farm butchered lamb or beef at mates rates? (mates with the butcher AND the farmer). It would need to be decided upon ASAP though (i.e what cuts we want, how much, etc).

im trying to get a whole pig to throw on. rooks reckons he has a guy but i dunno....one thing your right on tho it does need to be sorted asap.

Will bring wood, have a big arse tarp if needed too...and of course the obligatory keg...

20kg Pig is all sorted via Rook. Cheers mate.

not big ass big...backyards not massive we just need to run it from the side of the roof and tie it to a tree in the school so we have a bit of extra cover. say the area in 7-8m long and about 3-4m wide we need to cover.

Think my big one is about 7 x 3 m Can chuck it in ;)

Pigs organised

Fents i'll need some floor space or even the spare bed....i may even crash the friday night so i can shoot oven to pick up the pig in the morning, easier from town than from Tallarook.

Rook

yer all good mate cruise over friday, im taking fri and monday off...i'll get doggie and dingo to cruise over to and we can do some practice drinking on the friday and setup.

Fents,

Even though I'm a newbie I'll put my name down for some floor if that's cool?

If there's anything else that's needed am happy to assist - not sure but I may be able to get hold of some firewood, just a matter of bringing it back to melbourne from the farm the week before...

Andy

Fents,

Even though I'm a newbie I'll put my name down for some floor if that's cool?

If there's anything else that's needed am happy to assist - not sure but I may be able to get hold of some firewood, just a matter of bringing it back to melbourne from the farm the week before...

Andy

Don't stress about firewood mate, I've got 12 cubic metres sitting there all nicely split. will load up the back of the wagon and drop at Fents place ;)

Happy to contribute something - potentially in the way of food. Not sure yet how long I'm staying.

Bottling my contribution this weekend - it's been dry hopped for the last week of cold conditioning. I have my back up fermenting away in case but feedback I got on the first batch and the taste of this one from the secondary all bode well for my hoppy ESB based on Young's special london ale.

I'll reserve a section of grass for the swag if I can Fents. Will see how stocks are looking for any kegs to bring otherwise I'll have some local craft brews in the esky. Got a thing for white rabbit atm.

I can bring a bronco tap if its needed, and more than happy to bring some food

Random offer:

I have recently changed jobs and now work at/run the company who did the AHB: 'Simple Really' merch product from the bulk buy late last year...

Anyway, if we had demand, and could agree upon print in time :blink: I could organise black tees printed, with one colour print front and back for about $24 a tee... IF we could get 25+. [Next price break at 50 = would get tee down to about $17]

PLEASE note I am not spruking here, I would not be making a cent - just supplying a commemorative tee at cost as a service.

Anyway, just a thought... throwing it out there.

Also, we would need about 3 weeks lead time.

Cheers

20kg Pig is all sorted via Rook. Cheers mate.

Still need me bright and early on saturday for any prep work?!? :icon_cheers:

Btw, i can bring my keg-o-cider on friday too with the proviso it has fridge space. Otherwise, i'll just bring a buttload of beer/cider in grolsch swingtops for consumption!

Latest posts

Back