AHB Articles: AHB T-Shirt ideas

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think a combo of sammy/sully and sully

It's MY Beer...​

img-resized.png
Reduced 46% 504 x 441 (13.26K)//
... MY way​
simple really​
www.aussiehomebrewer.com​

Just need to move the "simple really"...

Says homebrew without saying homebrew, simple design, not snobby "wine club" type (Chappo, you are a Wine club type) and would be a conversation starter...

But I do think it would look better with a "schooner/pot" glass and a more "standard" plastic fermenter.

I'm not a fan of all this in your face shirt stuff especially with home brewing AHEM hand crafting beers. Funny shirts have their place and time, but this is not it. It's a representation and idea that AHB can and will represent. Not a bunch of drunk idiots with a stupid shirt. No offence to those that fit this.

I've purchased hundreds and hundreds of shirts and hats for business and those that get worn are simple, clean and not stupid prints that suit a few simple minded. I am the one that paid for mentioned hundreds and hundreds of shirts/hats so I know what gets worn and what gets worn once as a joke/fun thing/one nighter.

It's important to remember that this shirt/hat/whatever will need to be 'put on' without thinking about it much or at all and worn anywhere easily that calls for less than tux!

My idea is something along the lines of a chest logo ( yet to be decided ) and something like " Hand crafting speciality beers to individual tastes" under it or latest coolness, around the lip of a collar (yeah yeah T shirt forum ) from left to right. This auto-magically excludes mullet wearers -- thank god :) NO back prints/logos as this just oozes tacky.

Simple, to the point and covers what hand crafting beer is about and those that see the shirt whom wants to know more will ask.

Then god help them :party:

Simple, to the point and covers what hand crafting beer is about and those that see the shirt whom wants to know more will ask.
Now, now. Logic seems to have no place in this discussion.

Is it clear yet that my main purpose in this thread is to point out the futility of this entire exercise? It would appear that my previous warnings were only mildly noticed by the people who seem to be taking charge, rather than all the participants, so I'll make it a little clearer...

How about everyone goes out and just buys a funny t-shirt, possibly beer related, then posts a photo. Everyone gets something they like, everyone has a laugh, and this thread finally gets closed. I have a feeling that this is the only way it's actually going to end happily. Sorry, but there is very little connection to AHB in this entire thing. There's a connection to brewing (sort of, mainly) but I'm not convinced that this is working. Honestly, the thing that most people want seems to have been covered in the polo buy.

Feel free to ignore this if you think otherwise.

QB: Agreed... 15 pages of ideas, after every single one there's an "OH!!! I LOVE IT!!!". I've put my name down on the order list, but like everyone else it's "pending final design".

Who's actually organising this? I've completely forgotten. Whoever is needs to set some dates or this will blow out longer than the glasses saga.

Cocko is running this show, and i believe the end of May is the last day for submissions. Then a shortlist of popular/acceptable ideas will be released and voting/decisions made from there.

Cheers SJ

So far I have been impressed about 80% of the designs and will buy t-shirts & singlets as indicated on other thread.

For me, a t-shirt is about a bit of fun

I want a design with a bit wit or humour.

I dont care if non brewers may not understand it.

I dont care if it takes the piss out of megaswill and megaswill drinkers.

Pictures/words on the front or back or both, doesnt bother me.

If I wanted a plain non-offensive shirt, I would have bought an AHB polo shirt,

Just mt 2c.

Gregor

QB: Agreed... 15 pages of ideas, after every single one there's an "OH!!! I LOVE IT!!!". I've put my name down on the order list, but like everyone else it's "pending final design".

Who's actually organising this? I've completely forgotten. Whoever is needs to set some dates or this will blow out longer than the glasses saga.

What shits me about threads like this and recent bulk buy stuff ups is people like you who come along and stir shit, or try to change the set process without reading the thread!

Date is set, process is set...go and have a look.

At least QB has a valid point, that unless you cater for the masses, the fringes will get nothing...although the rest of the country got the point the first time...and the second time, and I'm sure we will still get it the 50th time...

Still don't like it? Good, don't comment!

Date is set, process is set...go and have a look.

Tried looking in the first post of this thread, looked in the Wiki article, looked in the two linked threads in the first post of this thread. Care to point me in the right direction?

Call me a shit stirrer if you want but I'm not one. I'm not trying to derail the buy. I'm trying to put it back on track and clear up a few things. I've seen many bulk buys go down the toilet over bad organisation/shit fighting and as I said I am interested in being a buyer.

Its all good....

We will take the best and most popular ideas from this thread after the end of this month.

Who will decide the most popular? Ultimately me, but only after re-reading this thread and using a bit of common sense of my own.....

Then we will try and whittle them down! This will be fun :blink:

I agree this could have been handled similar to the Polo's, as in - this is the print, colour and sizing - who wants one... but it has been a bit of a laugh and some cool ideas have come up... so lets all stop stating the obvious, that an idea isn't gonna come that will be agreed upon by all, never will.

Ideas close Sunday night, 31st May.

Monday sometime, I will put my head down and come out with 6-10 of the most popular as per comments, thoughts and my opinion...

Well done Cocko.

I'll keep commenting on the designs in the hope of "influencing" your final decision, then I'll decide if I'm in or out.

Cheers

Maybe when it comes time to poll the ideas, can it be set up with a first and second preference ie you have a first selection and if you dont get the numbers up for that, take the numbers for second preferences and see if that increases numbers. We can do it at the polling booths, why not here? You cant please everyone, but at least you have a better chance of getting something you like. If you really really want a particular design, vote for it as your first and second preference.

Maybe when it comes time to poll the ideas, can it be set up with a first and second preference ie you have a first selection and if you dont get the numbers up for that, take the numbers for second preferences and see if that increases numbers. We can do it at the polling booths, why not here? You cant please everyone, but at least you have a better chance of getting something you like. If you really really want a particular design, vote for it as your first and second preference.

Sound like a good idea, I think it will also need a couple of rounds, taking it down to a 'title' fight...

lets start a poll just to muddy the waters! A poll I tell you!! or a sub-committee to discuss the possibility of a poll, then a poll to see whether we should have a poll! sorry couldnt help myself

Here here Cocko

...This auto-magically excludes mullet wearers -- thank god :) NO back prints/logos as this just oozes tacky...
<Rant>
Err... why would that automatically exclude mullet wearing Bogans like myself Cube? Oh I get it we all need to be Metro-sexual now? Wait! Does this mean I should burn all my "Target" jeans? My fake leather sneakers I guess are out now too then? Better put my flannies in the rag bin. While I'm at it sell my Holden and buy a BMW! I guess I should change professions from Tradesman to Lawyer? Just so I can be good enough wear an AHB T-Shirt and be seen in public. FFS what a crock shyte! <_<
<rant end>

Chappo

<Rant>
Err... why would that automatically exclude mullet wearing Bogans like myself Cube? Oh I get it we all need to be Metro-sexual now? Wait! Does this mean I should burn all my "Target" jeans? My fake leather sneakers I guess are out now too then? Better put my flannies in the rag bin. While I'm at it sell my Holden and buy a BMW! I guess I should change professions from Tradesman to Lawyer? Just so I can be good enough wear an AHB T-Shirt and be seen in public. FFS what a crock shyte! <_<
<rant end>

Chappo
I had to double take to see who wrote that - just to make sure it wasn't me. Chappo, if you and I ever end up talking in person we may actually create a sarcasm black hole... "Ooh, that's real deadly. :unsure: "

I'm glad people agreed with my opinion, but in light of some of the posts that followed, I'll clear this up - I'm not trying to derail a process that may be working. I'm trying to highlight when it isn't working with the intention that it is either abandoned, or repaired. Either way really. I'm glad that it lead to a deadline being named - that's progress.

Has anyone considered a VB logo with AHB instead of VB? Can't be arsed drawing it up myself.

Back