Ag Biab Equipment In Wa

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevem01

Reaction score
Anyone in Perth help me out?

I am hoping to move to BIAB if spring ever gets here. I have been running around camping stores, hardware shops, asian supermarkets, LHBS websites and cant seem to get what I need locally.

I am after a 50L aluminium pot, Chinese spiral burner ( http://www.leeswarehouse.com/productShow.asp?id=636 ) and a medium pressure adjustable regulator without having to freight them from over east.

I can only find s\steel pots, and 3 ring burners for $75 bucks(shouldnt they be more like $30?)

I am hoping to move to BIAB if spring ever gets here. I have been running around camping stores, hardware shops, asian supermarkets, LHBS websites and cant seem to get what I need locally.

I am after a 50L aluminium pot, Chinese spiral burner ( http://www.leeswarehouse.com/productShow.asp?id=636 ) and a medium pressure adjustable regulator without having to freight them from over east.

I can only find s\steel pots, and 3 ring burners for $75 bucks(shouldnt they be more like $30?)

Good to hear the brew day did not scare you off Steve. Unfortunatly you just missed out on a burner I found for another friend! Ill keep an eye for you.

Katie

hi steve c h may in oconner 87 forsyth st 9337 3888 will sort you out with pots fairly good prices also
dacaps 9385 6033 have all the burners on the aus crown web site so take your pick
i have a old 3 ring for sale if you are interested
cheers paul

Katie, it did seem a little out of control at pistolpatch's, but you assured me that it's easy :)

Power of Posting, Found cheap s/s pots at Kong's in Vic Park.

400mm ~50L $45.50
450mm ~70L $55.50
500mm ~90L? 100L? $60

I Got the 450mm one,

Adjustable regulators available at the same LHBS as the BIAB bag

to good mate it looks like your away happy brewing it all down hill from hear

Picked up a second hand 3 ring burner, thanks Paulb.

Pot, check
Burner, check

Picked up a second hand 3 ring burner, thanks Paulb.

Pot, check
Burner, check

Now you need to decide to chill or not to chill! We chill and it can be done easily! Also are you going to be using a syphon?

If you want to catch up soon for a brew day let us know!

Katie,
Forgot, I have my "no chill" already, Willow plastic jerry $16 at SuperCheap

I am going to try and get a siphon working, I think Pistolpat has given up on them?
Thinking of silicon hose and the jiggler thingo from Gryphon

Definitely interested in learning from the experts, when do you brew next?

Pot, check
Burner, check
No Chill Cube, check

Katie,
Forgot, I have my "no chill" already, Willow plastic jerry $16 at SuperCheap

I am going to try and get a siphon working, I think Pistolpat has given up on them?

Definitely interested in learning from the experts, when do you brew next?

Pot, check
Burner, check
No Chill Cube, check

Lets try for the 26th

Exactly how I do mine. Tips - wear gloves when holding the tubing for syphon as it get's very hot. The "jiggler" can get gunked up from hop material especially if you leave it near the bottom of the pot, so once you have a syphon going just keep it near the top of the liquid level to reduce the chance of blocking it up. Once it's bloked a few good whacks against the side of the pot normally dislodges some of it.

cdbrown,

what do you use to stop the tube kinking where it goes over the top of the pot, or is it thick enough to hold its shape?

The walls of the tube are quite thick so it doesn't kink. but it is very flexible. I basically just hold the tube now as I had left it resting on the edge of the pot but it's left a small melted indent because of it.

Latest posts

Back