Adelaide: Anyone Build Kitchens?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pokolbinguy

Reaction score
G'day folks,

Quick question...does anyone on AHB in Adelaide build kitchen cabinets??? I want to get a small "box" built to house a dishwasher at the end of our kitchen island bench and wondering if anyone on AMB can help me out.

I'm willing to buy the materials (pre-cut) and put together myself.

Cheers, Pok

Pok, You thought about contacting a "flatpack" kitchen place to see how much a carcase and bench top would be?
I'm assuming the dishwasher you have cant be setup stand alone like many of them can be?

Pok, You thought about contacting a "flatpack" kitchen place to see how much a carcase and bench top would be?
I'm assuming the dishwasher you have cant be setup stand alone like many of them can be?

I am in the process of contacting some "flatpack" places...but was just wondering if someone on AHB was involved in the industry and able to hook me up.

I haven't got a dishwasher yet....but would like to install it in a "housing" instead of "stand alone" as they tend to look ugly with the hoses etc.

Cheers, Pok

I wouldnt discount a stand alone - plus id be getting the dishwasher first - they vary in size more than you'd think! I found this out recently trying to replace my POS dish drawer.
Some of the stand alones have reasonably attractive bench tops and cowling for the hoses etc. Now if I remember your renting? so matching up to an existing bench surely isnt that much of a priority?

Any way - good luck with it!
I swear dishwashers are tempremental things.

+1 on Komodos advice, buy your dishwasher first. The stand alone units are pretty spiffy these days and do a very good job of hidig the pipes etc.

Cheers SJ

Back