A Question For The Inner City Sydney Boys

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

browndog

Are you bulletproof boy?
Reaction score
Brewers, I'm coming down to Sydney this arvo for a 5 day course and stay at an apartment very close to the airport, I was wondering if anyone knows a decent bottlo in the Mascot area.

cheers

Browndog

Brewers, I'm coming down to Sydney this arvo for a 5 day course and stay at an apartment very close to the airport, I was wondering if anyone knows a decent bottlo in the Mascot area.

cheers

Browndog
Not a bad little one in Mitchell Rd the Southern end its under the apartment block

Not a bad little one in Mitchell Rd the Southern end its under the apartment block

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Red Bottle - 219 Mitchell Road, Alexandria. It's not amazing, by any stretch, but you'll find something to drink there. Other end of Mitchell Road is a huge Dan Murphys. 2-10 Fountain St, Alexandria

Which end of Mascot are you going to be in? It's a biggish area. But there are venues in the area you can get some good drops at if you are willing to cab around. For example, Southern end of King St, Newtown (about 1km from that Red Bottle) is the Union Hotel, which is putting on a bunch of taps of Aussie micros. A big range of bottled and tapped Murrays, Vales, Some others i've not heard of, Pinchgut Pilzner (it's goooood) and some regulars. There are better speciality beer pubs, but I like to encourage those that are stepping out of the comfort zone! Foods good there, and it's close to you, of course. 576 King St, Newtown.

Thanks for the replies, staying in Robey st right near the airport, found a bottlo on botany rd in Mascot, Mascot Cellars I think it was called (has a maroon awning) that has a few nice european beers and reaonably priced too got a Bernard Amber and Bernard Celebration lagers in nice 500ml swing top bottles and a Maredsous Blonde for $16. Them and some Little Creatures should tide me over.
cheers

browndog

Back