A New Brew Club In The Hunter Valley

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G'day All,

A short note to let you all know the dates for the next couple of meetings. After catching up with the Germania Club, the second Friday of the month brought up a few clashes, so we ended up with the third Friday for the next few meetings to ensure that we secured the Auditorium rather than the pokey little space next to the Restaurant. So dates are as follows;

Friday 16th April - Tasting style is an English Bitter
Friday 21st May - Tasting style is Schwarzbier or APA
Friday 18th June - Tasting style is a Stout (any style)

All meetings are 6.00 pm for a 6.30 pm start and are at the Germania Club on Hillsborough Road, Warners Bay. All welcome.

Regards,

Schooey

G'day All,

A short note to let you all know the dates for the next couple of meetings. After catching up with the Germania Club, the second Friday of the month brought up a few clashes, so we ended up with the third Friday for the next few meetings to ensure that we secured the Auditorium rather than the pokey little space next to the Restaurant. So dates are as follows;

Friday 16th April - Tasting style is an English Bitter
Friday 21st May - Tasting style is Schwarzbier or APA
Friday 18th June - Tasting style is a Stout (any style)

All meetings are 6.00 pm for a 6.30 pm start and are at the Germania Club on Hillsborough Road, Warners Bay. All welcome.

Regards,

Schooey

Is anyone invited to these, I'm just around the corner from the Germania Club and wouldn't mind poking my head in to see what its all about.

Is anyone invited to these, I'm just around the corner from the Germania Club and wouldn't mind poking my head in to see what its all about.
Of course!

If you are free tomorrow (Sun) and feel like visiting wine county are few of the crew are up there for a wort pack day at Potters.

Cheers,

Keith

G'day All

Just thought I'd mention how well the wort pack day at Potter's went and if anybody has any suitable photos they might as well post them here.

So, on behalf of the club and it’s members, I would like to extend a well deserved thank you to all involved.

First and foremost to Keith Grice for organising the day and ensuring it all went so smoothly. His commitment & generosity towards the local homebrew community is truly outstanding and greatly appreciated.
To the owners and staff of Potter’s/Hunter Beer Company for their support in hosting the event.
Jess for her untiringly friendly attitude, enthusiasm and the best chocolate porter any of us have tasted in a long time (if not ever) :icon_drool2: .
Mark from Mark’s Home Brew for supplying yeast containers and his cube filling gun.

Special mention for Dan, Dave (plus a few others who's names escape me) for cooking bbqs, setting-up dvd players & filling cubes.
Finally also to all the mash paddlers, grain crushers, hose wranglers, pump jockeys, shovellers, washers, observers, opinion givers and official tasters propping up the bar who participated in and promoted such a relaxing and enjoyable day.

Well done all. Lets hop we can do it again sometime in the future

Cheers & thanks,

Shmick

Well put, Mick. I had a great day, tasting and participating, and telling beer stories and more.

Keith always goes above and beyond, and his work is always appreciated.
Potter's brew days are always well catered, both food-wise and beer-wise.

Has anyone ever made a batch of beer with 1 kg of Citra finishing hop?

Thanks also to Jess, for her enduring (and endearing) patience as well as the excellent choc porter.

A great day all round and a sample of things to come for the new club.

Les the acting Prez :rolleyes:

Shmick,

Ditto.

daniel

the only pic I took all day

Brew_Day.jpg

A couple of shaky phone pics is all I got too.

Photo_0095.jpg

Photo_0096.jpg

Photo_0097.jpg

Photo_0098.jpg

Photo_0099.jpg

Photo_0100.jpg

Photo_0101.jpg

I've somehow managed to miss this for the past 6 months :-(

Is it on for this Friday?

G'day Asis

Yes - we are meeting this Fri (21st), 6pm for a 6:30 start.

Stop in and have a chat. You will be most welcome.

Shmick

Reminder and confirmation: Club meeting is on tomorrow.

We will do our best to start on time. We have a few things to get through.
Beer style to be brought along for tasting is APA or Schwarzbier.

See you there.

Les

[quote name='The Ol' Boozeroony' post='655355' date='Jul 15 2010, 02:59 PM']Any idea of when the next meeting will be guys?[/quote]
I'm hoping it's not tommorrow!
I've been down in Sydney every bloody time it's been on, and i'm down there tommorrow too.

Next week?

As far as I understand the meeting has been put-off to the case swap day on the 25th.

I thought there was a post on here by Schooey to that effect, cant see it now, will ask El Pres Les or Schooey to confirm.

MHB

[quote name='The Ol' Boozeroony' post='655355' date='Jul 15 2010, 02:59 PM']Any idea of when the next meeting will be guys?

Cheers[/quote]
G'day HUB'ers,

As mentioned in another HUB thread, the meeting has been delayed until we have a venue.

It may very well be on the 25th, with our case swap.

Sorry about any confusion. We are still negotiating for another meeting place, and we will advise as soon as we can confirm.

As you might imagine, the venue would like to know (amongst other things) how many and what kind of people are going to be attending, and would also like know what's in it for the venue. We are preparing a written submission for the consideration of the venue.

Thanks for your continued interest.

Les (El Hefe)

P.S. I intend to bring some of my Potter's HUB IPA and some Belgian Pale to the next gathering

Further to Les's notice above, the meeting that was set down for tonight has been held over until Sunday 25th of July. We will do our best to advise of a venue and time as soon as possible, but envisage that meeting around lunchtime will be most likely. I have sent a text advising this to all I have mobile numbers for, and rang everyone who has given me a landline. Hopefully those I have no contact details for will get the email or read here.

Cheers,

schooey

The next meeting is set down for Friday 20th August. Venue negotiations are well underway, but nothing is concrete yet. If worst comes to worst, we will meet at a temporary venue in the meantime. Expect aa email in the next few days to advise

The next meeting is set down for Friday 20th August. Venue negotiations are well underway, but nothing is concrete yet. If worst comes to worst, we will meet at a temporary venue in the meantime. Expect aa email in the next few days to advise

Apologies to ask being a newby to the forum, but is the meeting still going ahead for tomorrow fri 20th? If so is a new partial/kit bloke alright to turn up? And whereabouts is the venue? Cheers

Apologies to ask being a newby to the forum, but is the meeting still going ahead for tomorrow fri 20th? If so is a new partial/kit bloke alright to turn up? And whereabouts is the venue? Cheers

All types of brewers are welcome :icon_drunk:

Due to the fact that this meeting is going to be at a HUB members house, you'll need to PM either Schooey or Les for the address.

Our normal venue is no longer available & a new one is still being sorted out.

Hopefully we'll see you at the meeting.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back