A Great Message About Driving

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kocken42

Reaction score
I saw this ad about a month ago on YouTube after my Dad proclaimed to me that he just saw 'the best advert ever' on TV here in WA. I replied stating that it was a pretty big call to make...'the best advert ever'! Right-o Dad...

Unfortunately, after making such a fantastic advertisement, I dont think the council behind the ad can/could afford to run the entire 3 minutes on TV, so we therefore only get a pissy 20 second snippet of it regularly...

See it for yourselves, a very well produced advert.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw this ad about a month ago on YouTube after my Dad proclaimed to me that he just saw 'the best advert ever' on TV here in WA. I replied stating that it was a pretty big call to make...'the best advert ever'! Right-o Dad...

Unfortunately, after making such a fantastic advertisement, I dont think the council behind the ad can/could afford to run the entire 3 minutes on TV, so we therefore only get a pissy 20 second snippet of it regularly...

See it for yourselves, a very well produced advert.

Very nice bloke.
Thanks for sharing !

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's about more than driving. Not a bad message for life in general.

IMHO, personal debt is the prime cause of the frantic pace some people live at. They're always only one step ahead of collapse. The irony is no one gives a shit about the flash stuff they don't own.

The most unhappy people I've ever met are poor people trying to pretend they're rich.

I've been trying to work out why my sex life's so shit. Now I have the answer. Slow down when driving. Yeah that's it. Maybe somewhere in between picking up my grain and picking up my wife from work this afternoon, I'll be able to slow right down and pick up something else to help me out. Or perhaps the knock shop on the side of the road will come into view more clearly.
You're right OP. Well produced ad, ..... but some of the concepts are a bit of a stretch of the imagination.

It's pretty true, I was the kind of driver who won the race to the red light all the time. I wised up eventually and it had a really positive effect on my stress levels.

cheers

grant

I just read through a few of the comments listed under the video...

The point of views of some of the respondents amazes me to no end.

As Nick JD said, it's not just about driving, but slowing down in general. A few comments hold remarks that speeding is safe and makes you more alert...this may very well be true but the point of it is that if you are going the speed limit, you have one less thing to worry about (getting fined) and more time to just relax.

Que sera, sera.

My friends call me Nana Driver. I go everywhere about 5kph below the speed limit.

I need one of those bumper stickers that says, "The closer you get, the slower I go."

Being in a hurry is a ******* waste of time.

Good video, shame most will not be able to even grasp its base concept.

I had a moment yesterday where i thought, " shit this is it"

FU%ck*ing log truck drivers are psychos, when they are empty and racing to get another load.

So i go around a right angle corner on bitumen, turning right, i was barely doing 30, the other side is all hidden by pine trees
old mate is screaming down the wrong side of the road so he can take the corner a few Ks quicker on the outside.
I just hit brakes, stopped and turned into the ditch, he swerved as well and just kept on trucking....dick head

I spent a small chunk of my life being a motorcycle courier in London, UK.

There's two ways to tackle the job - one is to get angry at every MF that tries to kill you and go home an emotional wreck every day, sick and tired of the fwits that share the roads - the other is to take them all on as if it's a big game of you vs them. They're out to kill you, but you don't let that happen. You can beat them easily. This actually works (and on Piccadily Circus that smiling busdriver who nearly took you out makes it all worth it) because you didn't let them WIN.

You win, you got home alive. Not everyone can say that.

In the end, you become some sort of Yoda driver - in zero fuckin hurry to get anywhere. You've done enough hurrying for a lifetime.

Every single car/truck driver should HAVE to get a motorcycle licence and do 5000km on a bike. The roads would be so much safer. Nothing teaches you awareness like your nipples being the crumple-zone.

Sorry Bowie I don't think that will help, I've highlighted the problem!!

I've been trying to work out why my sex life's so shit. Now I have the answer. Slow down when driving. Yeah that's it. Maybe somewhere in between picking up my grain and picking up my wife from work this afternoon, I'll be able to slow right down and pick up something else to help me out. Or perhaps the knock shop on the side of the road will come into view more clearly.
You're right OP. Well produced ad, ..... but some of the concepts are a bit of a stretch of the imagination.

O/T
Agree with Nick,
I have had my motourcycle license now for a big 3 months.... Its scary out on the roads when you havnt got your metal "cage" around you.
As my instructor told me....." ride like everybodys trying to kill you" . So true.
Great clip....btw

I lived in the Philippines for 2 years. I cured my road rage when I found out that 50% of the population carries guns.

:icon_offtopic: ish , lived in Thailand for 6 months, biggest killer is motorcycles/scooters, second is falling coconuts, never stopped looking up after that...

EDIT: on the Islands

What an utter crappy stupidity, cant believe you talked me into spending 3mins willingly watching a pointless and unamusing advertisement ... feel more rage now than when I'm in a hurry to drive somewhere!

Every single car/truck driver should HAVE to get a motorcycle licence and do 5000km on a bike. The roads would be so much safer. Nothing teaches you awareness like your nipples being the crumple-zone.

Well said could not agree more would make all drivers a whole lot smarter. Don't know what it would do up here where there is a huge rate of single vehicle fatal accidents. Most of the trees and poles must be magnetic.

Every single car/truck driver should HAVE to get a motorcycle licence and do 5000km on a bike. The roads would be so much safer.

DISAGREE!

Every car/truck/motorcycle/goat/elephant driver should do an attitudinal drivers course (don't know what it is? google it and do one!) I had to do one as an agreement to get my conditional licence. Very, very glad i did one though. I will NEVER take the roads for granted again.

And most motorcycle riders would be safer if they did not lane share, lane split, approach/overtake cars on the inside, say for extended times in drivers blind-spots, drive at about 20km faster than the normal flow of traffic, or any of the other idiotic things that most* motorcycle riders seem to do on a regular basis.

*not all just most.

Back