8 more AFL players caught up in drugs scandal

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wide eyed and legless

Reaction score
News not yet broken by the media, 8 more AFL players, from various clubs have allegedly been caught in a drug scandal after buying cocaine which the dealer had cut with steroids.

Multiple clubs would indicate Melbourne players.

Sounds like someone has set them up pretty good. Coke might leave the system quickly but I doubt steroids would.

Probably a Port supporter.

How good is your intel WEAL? Pretty big news for the start of the season. If true, then a lot of cash must have changed hands to ensure it is hushed up until after tonight's game I imagine.

Droopy Brew said:
Multiple clubs would indicate Melbourne players.

Sounds like someone has set them up pretty good. Coke might leave the system quickly but I doubt steroids would.

Probably a Port supporter.

How good is your intel WEAL? Pretty big news for the start of the season. If true, then a lot of cash must have changed hands to ensure it is hushed up until after tonight's game I imagine.
Yeah, those bloody Port supporters. Huh, what?

wide eyed and legless said:
Came from an ex player.
Wasn't Wayne Carey was it? For all we know he's probably dealing now.

You don't realise how close that is jlm :)
Are you talking more positive tests or are these other players been associated with the clenbuterol via surveillance?

FWIW I heard the exact same thing from a different source this morning. Could be something to it.

cut with steroids? What kinda dealer wants that kinda heat on them? A bunch of professional players who've had their careers sabotaged after buying a bit of coke...

Or is it an effort to cover up the deliberate use of steroids via the stupid act of buying dodgy coke? I guess being labelled as a drug taker is preferable to a drug cheat...

very interested to see where this goes, or is it a belated April Fools?

The type of dealer who stupidly doesn't think of the implications of cutting cocaine with steroids to sell to AFL players, and they themselves have sabotaged their own careers.
I doubt it is going to be no more an excuse saying ,'I didn't know it had been cut with steroids' as saying,'the steak I ate was full of clenbuterol'.

There's just no honour amongst coke dealers anymore

I assume thats the pies boys, my assumption was they took some recreational type stuff and got em self in trouble

JB said:
There's just no honour amongst coke dealers anymore
Or New Zealand cattle farmers :D
Do you think it'll break across the general media in the next 24hrs?
I agree with Droopy Brew they will try to keep a lid on it until after tonight, or Easter. No not Callum Urch.

well they can hold it past tonight cause there'll be no mighty tiges in the list

I'm saying nothing more your getting to close to my source :ph34r:
Ooooohhhhhh. Luckily the only other player that this Tas residing QLDer remembers from that era is John Longmire......Wait multiple clubs.......Sydney.....Was it John Longmire?

Latest posts

Back