• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

60L Mash Tun and 80L boil kettle for sale Brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thermo_47

Reaction score
Hi all,

After some thought, I'm selling my current brew rig to move back to brewing in kegs. I've been happily knocking out 60L batches or even slightly larger (3 cubes approx 66L total) no worries. They're both stainless stockpots but only thin walled - hasn't been a problem for me so far. They have 3pc stainless ball valves with quick disconnects and come with 2 x silicon hoses with 3 barbed DC's, Mash tun has a stainless mesh base with stainless dip tube and compression fitting, and 3" face thermometer with 6" stem. All weldless fittings. Boil kettle has 2 x 45 degree fittings to create a dip tube of sorts, picking up wort from the side of the kettle, off the bottom.

They both come with lids and ready to go. I'm moving house so hoping to sell these 2 in the next week or two so I don't have to shift them.

$200.

Emails preferred, pickup only in Holland Park West.

Cheers,

Jon - [email protected]

IMG_20130714_132618.jpg

IMG_20130714_132602.jpg

IMG_20130714_132655.jpg

IMG_20130714_132708.jpg

IMG_20130714_132720.jpg

This is really tempting, just poor timing, if you had posted this last week I would have been all over it.

Good buy for whoever picks it up.

How can you replace all that by "brewing in kegs" ? Do you mean 50L commercial kegs? If so, why?

I shall ask the Minister-of-saying-no, Jon - I could use these in an upgrade.

Sold! Quick and the dead :)

I used to brew in kegs, and I liked a lot of things about it - if nothing else, cosmetically! 3 shiny vessels all the same size... I really like the look of single tier brewing setups. These pots have been great but I've realised brewing 60L batches uses more ingredients and takes longer to heat things and brew... looking to simplify my brewing and brew more often, not have to deal with 60L of a beer I'm not 100% happy with. I've also had everything a bit chaotic, as I mentioned - swapping hoses, pump on the floor, half gravity and half pump system etc... looking forward to sorting out a brewstand with everything plumbed and neat. When I brewed in kegs they just felt solid, like they'd last a lifetime. I know they're somewhat impractical in a lot of ways, but call me a romantic... I like it :)

My other 2c is that I found myself looking at 200L eskies for mash tuns and 44 Gal stainless drums for boil kettles and realised that going up and up in quantity is really heading towards trying to start a proper microbrewery - and if I'm gonna keep going down that path, am I gonna end up with 1000L fermenters and 3 phase under my house? If I'm gonna do that, I want to do it properly, so I'll stick with my "pilot" system until then. IF that happens! Brew within my means :) I've got mates to help me drink beer, but not 20 x 50L kegs per batch! We'd all poison ourselves... :/

Latest posts

Back