500th Mashed Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the kind words. To the wee Tuross accountant, yes ever brew has been recorded.
I do not know where it all goes, I certainly don't drink litres every night. I do know it tastes better when shared with friends, people at work, relatives etc. It takes me longer than 2 hours to find all the right grains and mill them though I do two batches at once which only increases the total time by less than an hour. I do lots of other things in my spare time such AHB, AHB pub crawls. reading Zymurgy,BYO, Beer and Brewer, going to ESB nights, Big Ray's Brew Day, judging at comps, ANHC etc. So it is a full and varied life. Here's to your first 500 brews :beer:

Code:
Especially considering an All Grain brew takes 2 or so hours of brewing

I don't know what kind of AG your doing but 2 hours is mighty quick, unless the or so equals another 3 hours, so thats a lot more hours Barry has dedicated to the craft
2 hours is bit short in retrospect. Thats about how long I WISH I would take to put down a brew! :blink:
But yeah, triple that figure and you've got about how long I take to do an AG...i was assuming others were a bit more effecient with their time than me. :D

Excellent and somewhat remarkable Barry. Great stuff! :)

If you're the Barry I'm thinking of does your surname start with a "C" ??

Warren -

Congratulations Barry. You are indeed a living legend and an inspiration to all.

Can't help myself...have to ask.

Which one was your favourite???

I do lots of other things in my spare time such AHB, AHB pub crawls. reading Zymurgy,BYO, Beer and Brewer, going to ESB nights, Big Ray's Brew Day, judging at comps, ANHC etc. So it is a full and varied life. Here's to your first 500 brews :beer:

Yes, you can't spend all your time concentrating on beer, can you?

cheers

grant

Congrats man, I have been going about 4 years now and done about 80. I was only thinking about how many I could do in my life. I would be happy with 500+ at my halfway mark too ;) .

Steve

Comrade,

I think we (ESB'ers) could manage a lovely sash for such a fine effort. :)
'Anybody got a camera?'

See you on Friday,
P3

Here's your challenge Barry.....name your best beer you brewed :D

Rook

mmmm 500 brews now thats an effot. Well done mate

And for the people crunching numbers one number i would like to know is how much on average would 500 brew cost? Maybe Barry doesnt want to know but be intersting.

Either way down the hatch!

My "Old Dark" foreign stout. In my first homebrew show in 1998 it got first in the stout class (ESB annual comp). It just got 3rd at the nationals and has won awards of some kind in every year between. That means very little except I love having it last thing at night (not most nights :D ). Only slight variations in its makeup in all those years. Its on the ozcraftbrew website, recipes section)
In today's money approx $30 average per batch so only $15 000. ($1250 pa, $25 pw, least than one small shout at the Belgian Beer Cafe).
Yes Pete, I am looking forward to next Friday night sash or no sash.

Latest posts

Back