500th Mashed Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry

To thine own self brew
Reaction score
I just bottled a barley wine (my first). When I was putting in the details I realised it was my 500th mashed beer (22L approx each). I still have 6 in fermenters so I have brewed 506 mash beers, 34 kits and bits, for a total 540 since Jan 1997. Makes me happy anyway.

I just bottled a barley wine (my first). When I was putting in the details I realised it was my 500th mashed beer (22L approx each). I still have 6 in fermenters so I have brewed 506 mash beers, 34 kits and bits, for a total 540 since Jan 1997..

Barry - get a life !

Makes me happy anyway

:icon_cheers:

ps - have you kept records or you sort of guessing ?

540*22=11 880L total
11880/11 years= 1080L per year
1080/52 weeks= 20.76L per week

Divide by 7 you get almost 3L per day o_O

Good thing it was a barleywine - save it for the day you do your 1,000th

If you are still alive.
If you are still drinking :)

I thought I was going well with 110 mashes in 4 years but obviously I'm a rank amateur, a newbie, a mere pretender.

Everybody chants and bows......... "We are not worthy", stands and bows again, "we are not worthy"... etc

I can feel my liver twisting as we speak, avg 7.9 schooners (375mL) a day.

And i though my consumption had ramped up. That s alot of grain. say with an average on 4.5 kg per batch, thats nearly 2 and half tonnes!!!. good to see your supporting local farmers. :icon_cheers::)

Leary

Bloody nora...I was worshiping Aegor, Anglo Saxon god of Brewers...but now I think I'll just bow down to Barry. Cudos, my man. Thats one hell of an achievement.

edit....drunk spelling.

maybe he has alot of friends, or they have all been infected and dumped

And seriously, the blokes a gentleman. In my time as a forum member, I`ve never seen him flustered, argumentive or put out if someone disagrees with what he says.
The only fault I could find with Barry is he doesn`t post enough.
Cheers to you mate :beer:

stagga.

Congrats Barry

I am in awe

Hope you have many years of brewing ahead of you

Cheers
Jimmy

I just bottled a barley wine (my first). When I was putting in the details I realised it was my 500th mashed beer (22L approx each). I still have 6 in fermenters so I have brewed 506 mash beers, 34 kits and bits, for a total 540 since Jan 1997. Makes me happy anyway.

2.9 litres per day you have drank well done Barry ( equivalent 6 cans a night ) Phew

pumpy

I think you'll find that Barry has a stash in bottles similar to the photos of Jamil's brewhut. Whenever comps roll around, it's merely a selection decision.

respect.gif

Back