500th Mashed Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats Barry on the milestone. It appears that practice does indeed make perfect!

Congrats Barry,

More all-grain beers than posts to AHB. :icon_cheers:

I bet you have almost as many State and National brewing trophies as beers you have made.

cheers

Darren

Congratulations!

That's a major achievement.

All the best for the next 500.

Cheers - Fermented.

nice effort. hats off to you sir :icon_cheers:
joe

I'd always wondered who this 'Barry' was. The one who won all these competitions. The one who was so cock-sure of himself
that he didn't even use a pseudonym on AHB!!

Then I met him at ANHC. He wouldn't remember me, but I came away from Melbourne impressed with the generosity of the
man and his contribution to our obsession. I have 38 AG notches on my belt and would love to think I could be around for 500!

Congratulations Barry and thanks.

Cheers,
Smudge

To all the people who are crunching the numbers... Do you not share you beer with friends and family? And what about the beer contributed to comps?

It certainly is a milestone Barry - I bet your notes are an interesting read.

Benniee

Well done Barry, I hope I last as long as you have and all the best for the next 500 !

cheers

Browndog

Wow, that's dedication.

Have you gone pro yet? You effectively already are! Well done. :super:

what do you do with all your spare time then barry
fergi

11 odd thousand litres of quality hey, Barry? You'd be one of the few blokes here that's brewed more beer in his time than Tony's tipped out in the past 12 months.... :p

Seriously though, you should be applauded for your dedication and the consistent results you've achieved, well done to a real gentleman!

To those crunching the numbers. I think you need to account for the number of competitions every year that Barry supports by sending off 10 or 20 beers, I would be surprised if he is left with a litre a night to himself.

and i thought i liked beer... we are all mere green-horns... ;)

One hell of an acheivement Barry!
Especially considering an All Grain brew takes 2 or so hours of brewing...that'd mean 42 entire days of your life have been spent making beer!
Very impressive indeed. And certainly no reason to stop now! :D

Impressive record Barry & even more impressive results by all accounts :icon_chickcheers:

I'd be happy to have the time to brew just a single batch these days :(

Cheers Ross

Code:
Especially considering an All Grain brew takes 2 or so hours of brewing

I don't know what kind of AG your doing but 2 hours is mighty quick, unless the or so equals another 3 hours, so thats a lot more hours Barry has dedicated to the craft

oh BTW congrats Barry, and I would like to be able to taste more than the 150mls or so of your beers I get to judge at a comp some day

Back