3500w element question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use the one from Cheekypeak and the Kegland triclamp bulkhead in my Grainfather (long story) and it all works fine!
But I have two of those bulkheads and the element only fits in one?
Difference in internal diameter? Unknown
Interesting. Do you use a seal on each side of the kettle?

Just asked a sparky at work if it should be earthed to the vessel and hes saying it should be. So if your using the kegland bulkhead the only part that MIGHT earth is the thread going through the hole in the vessel. Id be looking for somewhere to connect a earth wire if using the weldless bulkhead

Just asked a sparky at work if it should be earthed to the vessel and hes saying it should be. So if your using the kegland bulkhead the only part that MIGHT earth is the thread going through the hole in the vessel. Id be looking for somewhere to connect a earth wire if using the weldless bulkhead
Yeah spot on. You could test the resistance with a multimeter from the kettle to the earth on your element plug. Someone said you want less than an ohm resistance. I dont think your get that with threads touching the outside of the hole. Depends on the size of the hole too I guess. As I said I have a threaded element with seals either side and you get a tingle if you put your hand in the water. Very minor, with bare feet (haha) and a cut or something on your hand. I havent tested the earth loop with a meter though. Will do when i get home from
Work. I think im gonna try to silver solder a 2” triclamp ferule to be safe.

Latest posts

Back