Randal anyone?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I had a look at the hops yesterday and the overwhelming impression was "Pick em suuuun.. Pickem" and with the little remaining light I had I set to and hacked out a basket...

and then this happened

Randy.jpg

anyone else converting, make damn sure you do it up tight, first fill leaked all over the place, a bit of thread tape and using the tightening tool seems to have sorted that out, first pour was a little foamy as youd expect but were talking an inch of foam, nothing drastic thereafter..

These are clearly fresh off the bine and didn't have much of a soak, second glass was more betterer than the first, I can only assume that it'll improve again with dried flowers.

Yum...

giving this a good run tonight on a stout brewday (finally getting my season brewing in line) and big ups to Grumpy Paul for the ealier link to the filters.. This wouldnt have come off so cleanly without that little bit of kit.

Nice one Paul..

Randy rocks and I can see where a LOT of my home grown is going...

MIL is also in favor :lol:

I will say this @ Fraser John though, dropping the serving to 6-8 PSI i sbetter as far as foaming goes, a slower pour but perfect.

:icon_drunk:

I went and bought one of those filters from the link yob, it arrived in Friday. seems to be of reasonably quality. Very similar to a much more expensive one that I got from an online retailer many years ago. The only thing that seemed different was those brass fititngs. they do look fairly cheap. That one in the photo doesn't look like what I got in the mail Yob? is it the same one with replacements for the brass fittings? It looks really short. I am planning on filtering 80L of beer in preparation for a party on Saturday so any tips for smooth operation would be appreciated. First on the list is some thread tape... but can you confirm that is the same unit first?

Using an Aldi filter as a randall to add more Acerola "cherrys" aroma to a blended keg, Its been used with fresh flowers as a proper randell with good results (not perfect, but a good budget option)

ace2.JPG

Back