Randal anyone?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OOTB too.. I got my has bottle off these guys but based on their service, I won't be getting anything else off them, shit gear, shit service

GrumpyPaul said:
Would this fit inside the little ALDI one?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Stainless-Steel-Mesh-Homebrew-Inching-Siphon-Filter-For-Home-Brew-Wine-Making-/161914899721?hash=item25b2e14d09:g:bmYAAOSw7FRWaqMk

You might be lucky and it will push straight into where the filter went.
Will find out, just ordered 3 of them..

I got my replacement ball valve pretty swiftly in the end, he mumbled something about not having net for a day or so and apologised for the delay... problem is now I rekon it will be a week or so before I get the chance to play with it -_-

i hate when i have to wait a week before i can play with my ball valve!!!!!!

GrumpyPaul said:
Would this fit inside the little ALDI one?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Stainless-Steel-Mesh-Homebrew-Inching-Siphon-Filter-For-Home-Brew-Wine-Making-/161914899721?hash=item25b2e14d09:g:bmYAAOSw7FRWaqMk

You might be lucky and it will push straight into where the filter went.

it wont do that but its an easy rig with some heavy duty silicone hose and a bit of teflon tape

R2.JPG

R1.JPG

now to work out what size barb to get from this clown

LINKY

Is this the Aldi one Yob? Pretty sure I bought SS 3/4 to 1/4 inch adaptors then 1/4" JG fittings. An expensive approach but didn't want to go poly. Wonder if KK sell anything in that size?

You'll need a 1" reducing bush Yob. I went same as Camo6 and got 2 stainless 1" to 1/4" stainless reducing bushes then the 1/4" to 3/8" JG fittings. I got the reducing bushes on eBay back in 2012 but can't find them on EBay now.

i got the same but in plastic from the big green shed

Pretty sure Jez is right. I got mine from the UK back around 2012 too. Will see if I can find the details of the purchase or check the fittings .

On phone and lost link but try searching UK ebay for ' 1" male to 1/4" female stainless adaptor' if you do go SS. Poly fittings sound a lot cheaper though.

Im pretty keen to make this work very soon, the chinook feels like its just about ready to pick and Ive the perfect beer to run through it

I've kept a look out for these in aldi but they don't seem to have had them in for a few years now. Will keep checking.

They're a bloody good size, the big ones would be good for a big day but will take a shit load of hops to fill

once i get mine back ill post a pic of it. its got the one adaptor with john guest fittings on it.

Back