300% Increase In Beer And Wine Taxes (proposed)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, I think the human population is spiralling out of control, you can't possibly support errant breeding when in 30 years time (if not sooner) the world is not going to be able to feed itself? I know here in Australia we're ok, but its hardly a good idea.. On a related note, check out a movie called idiocracy, the humour is a bit hit-and-miss but the message is funny/scary :eek:
The population numbers aren't the problem, it the resources consumed to either maintain or increase the quality of life are. The increase in food prices isn't simply because of numbers but rather a new middle class in China, India etc which are getting fatter and/or eating better. Combine this with poor food production and growing fuel instead of food these past few years and the issue is compounded.

I see. A woman's place is in the nursery then? Perhaps you think The Right Honourable Ms. Gillard should get back in the kitchen and pour you a beer? Perhaps you'd prefer that she, and the rest of them, weren't allowed to vote, let alone hold office, because it gets in the road of the business of incubating your diseased spawn?
I can only hope that the above was a deliberately inflammatory post, what's known as trolling. Generally it's confined to somewhat less mature fora, and peters out altogether by the age of 16, but I guess it's possible that that's what's going on here. The only alternative we have to consider is that you're a misogynistic bigot with your head so far up your arse that all your brews, chilled or otherwise, must be infected with faecal coliform bacilli by the time they reach your lips. Anyone wondering why evolution occurs so slowly only needs to be shown posts like this, in conjunction with the species-defeating notion we hold that even you should be allowed to procreate, to understand that it's really two steps forward one step back.
Huge swathes of legislation have been written specifically to make it possible to prosecute people like yourself for acting on opinions such as this. Would that holding the opinion itself were prosecutable. I hope that it's at least worthy of a solid doing with the admin stick, if it were up to me I'd sewer your account like an infected brew. You're a slimy wee turd, and I'd flush you accordingly.

I'm not a fan of the misogyny either, but this attack is way over the top. People are entitled to their views.

So, uhh, guys.

How's about that beer and wine tax? :lol:

Um guys, since it's only a proposal, and we've all agreed that it's a Bad Thing, how about I close this topic before we get even further off course?

If/when the excise on beer and wine changes let's have another beer and a whine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back