2017 Christmas Case Swap at pcqypcqy's - Stanthorpe SEQ 2nd Decemb

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also many props/thanks to @madpierre06 and @evoo4u for double swapping.

Also wtf is up with all the saisons, to me its looking like dark beer + saisons swap.

Fashion I guess. I'm looking forward to the new England IPA swap, though that would annoy as many people as it would impress I imagine.

Just wondering about guest taps? Does anyone have a double setup perhaps?
Do I bring a keg, or some growlers? (I don't have a portable setup)

Looking forward to catching up with you all, only 1 week now :D

I'll also chuck some spare bronco or Pluto guns in. I'll have a soda stream for dispense.

If you bring a keg you could just put it in a plastic rubbish bin with some ice. Sounds like there'll be gas and some spare taps.

Hey guys, I have a bit of a question. I left it a bit late putting on the beer to ferment out. It’s been on for 10 days now and I need to have it bottled on Tuesday.
My question is would I be better of just leaving it and let the yeast keep cleaning up or cold crash it for the last few days ..

What do u guys reckon?

Kegged and on gas, smelled great straight out of the barrel [emoji108]

20171126_184338.jpg

Hey guys, I have a bit of a question. I left it a bit late putting on the beer to ferment out. It’s been on for 10 days now and I need to have it bottled on Tuesday.
My question is would I be better of just leaving it and let the yeast keep cleaning up or cold crash it for the last few days ..

What do u guys reckon?
Hard to say, have you measured the SG a couple times to see if its stable or not? I totally have beers that have finished fermenting within 10 days, but I do routinely use starters and measure the SG to see if its stable.
Though I have had bigger beers that have taken longer

Remember fellas, I still have some of my No. 2 swap beers (the 50/50) lot to swap for the blokes who want to try both beers...i.e. whatever you get in the main swap, I can do a side swap so you can grab one of the other. Details in 'side swaps' tab on the sheet.

Yeh mate got that in early it’s been in for 6 days or so
I normally add dry hop towards the very end of active fermentation, 6 days on that would be ok I would've thought. Gravity reading as mentioned before should settle your worries.

Hey, worst case, bottle it towards the end of the week, I'm sure there be enough other beers too sample while this one carbs up.

I will have 1 tap free on my jockey box if you want it.

I will have 1 tap free on my jockey box if you want it.

Sounds great Nick, cheers! :D
Do I need to bring a bin of ice as well? or just some bags of ice for your box?
(I just bought something to dispense with from Martin at AHB, but a tap would be grand)

Sounds great Nick, cheers! :D
Do I need to bring a bin of ice as well? or just some bags of ice for your box?
(I just bought something to dispense with from Martin at AHB, but a tap would be grand)

No probs. A bag of ice would be good. Thanks.

easy as mate, will chuck my keg in the big esky and fill with ice :bigcheers:

Latest posts

Back