2017 Christmas Case Swap at pcqypcqy's - Stanthorpe SEQ 2nd Decemb

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NOTE: ~750ml PET bottles ONLY

Swapping:
1. pcqypcqy - Julebryg
2. madpierre06 - Robust Porter / Hoppy Saison...half and half.
3. Motabika- Salty dik ale
4. Bribie G - Tooths 1950s XXX ale
5. Time01
6. Liam_Snorkel - saison with black peppercorns
7. giatuprs - TBD
8. Earle - Christmas Spiced Saison
9. Evoo4u - Smoked Porter
10. Ciderman - Tassie Wild Dark Saison
11. Insensate - ?
12. Angus - imperial porter cause summer
13. Parks - Mango Chili Saison (it's got a little chilli kick, soz pierre!)
14. crowmanz - I dunno
15. Benken25 - saison cube aléatorie
16. Seehuusen - Thinking Blueberry Hefe, it's been a few years since I brewed it last.
17. Zorco - Mega Multistrain Belgian Blonde Strong Ale
18. Nickxb - Something else
19. GibboQLD - Russian Imperial Kombucha
20. Aydos - **** knows
21. Cummy
22. Scotty Mack - Pilsner/Belgian Ale
23. Winkle - Biere de Ble Noir (Black Buckwheat Witbiere)
24. Randai - Tooheys 1922 Bulk/XXX

Reserves:

Side Swaps:
Madpierre06 - have 2 each of Stout, ESB'd American Wheat, and American Blonde to swap...and probably 3 each of both my swap beers to swap for those who want one of each from swap.
evoo4u - I'll take one each please MP. Offering Oatmeal Stout; Smoked Porter variation; APA (Simcoe & Amarillo); Julebryg. NOTED Roger I'll grab IPA, APA, Stout, Porter.

Arriving what day:
Thursday - won't be available, please make you're own arrangements.

Friday.
Winkles - (We'll probably roll up on Friday and visit a few former classmates since I went to Thulimbah SS for awhile back when TV was a novelty).
pcqypcqy
madpierre06 - gonna be doing a bit of a 'Mike and Mal' thingy for a couple days, any suggestions welcome, speshully to find some fresh fruit off the orchards

Saturday
Seehuusen, probably head off mid morning from the Sunny Coast.
evoo4u - around 2pm

Catered dinner Saturday night:
Nachos/burritos with pork chilli, guacamole, chips/flatbread, sourcream, etc. BYO chilli sauce. $10/head

1. pcqypcqy +1
2. evoo4u
3. parks + 4 (3 kids so if chili not separate just +1)
4. Liam_snorkel
5. Winkle + 1
6. Benken25
7. madpierre06
8. Earle

Angus -
I'll be bringing meatballs but no sauce.
Or maybe just balls but no meat and no sauce.

That list which Zorco just posted (2 above this one) is out-of-whack with the spreadsheet. Could be confusing. :doofus:

Cheers mate. My boss says you brew at work for the social club?

I don't brew at work and the social club is taking a break, but I have been bringing in a few ales to share; mainly to show my appreciation to someone or the team.

The mini kegs are in circulation with people who are keen for take-aways for their weekend.

We're nearly there everyone, thanks for filling out the spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QJCZhtkNq3HbZ1jkbNsq_U_51SMveMK-y19n7M4EutI/edit?usp=sharing

Just need to confirm what beers @nickxb and @Insensate are swapping, and if @Motabika is coming or not.

There are now 5 free spots (potentially 6), so happy for people to start listing their second swaps on the main list. It also looks like I do not need to eat a hat, which is a relief.

Just for knowsies in advance, around what time are you likely to be there on the Friday mate? Without knowing for absolutely sure, I reckon there's very little chance of Motabika showing...he seems to have dropped off the social media map.

Just for knowsies in advance, around what time are you likely to be there on the Friday mate? Without knowing for absolutely sure, I reckon there's very little chance of Motabika showing...he seems to have dropped off the social media map.

Still not 100% sure, but it'll be day time when I arrive. Let's say not before 4?

Yep he got the shits with someone and missed the last swap. If he hasn’t confirmed by now he ain’t coming.

Beer is bottled should be about 4.4% abv after bottle conditioning, a fair bit lighter in % abv and colour than desired (that'll teach me to tweak a already solid recipe for something like this). Still it should be a nice, easy drinkinking, slightly tart, breakfast witbier.

Yeah the beer will be bottle soon and should be around 4.3-4.4% abv depending after bottle conditioning. I actually have bought some tooheys old to bring along and if the tooheys 1922 XXX is done carbonating, would be interesting to do a side by side. I have no clue if they'll taste similar.

Righto, preemptively I've taken Motabika off the list and put Madpierre's second beer on the list. @nickxb just needs to confirm his beer.

With he and evoo4u's second swaps, we're looking at 20 bottles each currently.

List will be frozen at COB today.

I’m taking my beers over to Alan’s today. How many swappers?

20 at this stage, but it may change. I'd take as many as you have just in case, and you'll get your spares back (or can arrange side swaps).

I’m taking my beers over to Alan’s today. How many swappers?
It'll be locked down this afternoon but if you're dropping to Alan's before then I would pack 21 - looks like 20 at this stage but 21 if Motabika makes a reappearance.

If you're not attending you don't always get your spares back.

I'll bring a couple of the Keg King gas bottle valves with me, I can vaguely remember someone asking if work "stocked" them at the last Swap.

Latest posts

Back