2016 Hop Plantations, Show Us Your Hop Garden!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the Zomes BB :beer: That makes 2x goldings 1x Vic & 1x Chinook for my first season. Happy Days!

Shit is starting to get out of control here, glad I have the next 3 days off to sort out the strings before its to late.

1441260528371.jpg

1441260540489.jpg

1441260562190.jpg

1441260577429.jpg

What are you feeding them! are these first year plants?

Yes mate all first year. I am using miracle grow max feed for vegetables, I have only given them one dose so far and water every second day. This is a second year Chinook on the same feed schedule.

1441261450312.jpg

Hmmmm seems I need to up my game.... and/or watering schedule!

I am pretty happy with them. I am just following my growing notes from last season, minus the use of hydro solutions I had laying around the shed from my younger days>_>
Have been told to not expect much from the Goldings so "boom" just plant shit loads and see what comes of it☺

Benn said:
Thanks for the Zomes BB :beer: That makes 2x goldings 1x Vic & 1x Chinook for my first season. Happy Days!
Cheers Benn! Both had shoots so they should be all good.

Hi.
The bride's on a gardening phase atm. So talked her into trying some hops for me. Got some cascade on the way from diggers club.

Anyone around newcastle/lake mac able to hook us up with anything else?

Top left clockwise: Flinders (finally started to shoot), Weurtemberger and POR.
When should I start using a string line for them?
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1441508449.550969.jpg

No real need for a string line until the look like they need it. Maybe around a foot or so? No harm in putting it in early though.

Just to get everyone giddy. Here are Spalt hops picked yesterday (from old bine growing at our family house in Bavaria).
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1441614618.860776.jpg

Hopefully my actual plants back in Perth are shooting!

Latest posts

Back