2016 Hop Plantations, Show Us Your Hop Garden!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mardoo said:
Yep, Victoria. Good work BB. No, wait, AWESOMENESS! Epic works for me too. Very impressive.
Cheers Mardoo! Let me know if you are going to make it in this week and I'll bring the trays.

Goldings off and running

1439360637016.jpg

Dug up this monster from last years pot to give some cuttings to a mate. First year using a mound and going to put 3 HEALTHY sized cuttings down in the next few days :)

1439369793237.jpg

On a side note - has anyone brewed with the Red Earth hops yet?

Finally got around to mulching the hops the other week and found some of the nodes looking ready to shoot so gave em a good watering and checked all the drippers still work. Bamboo tipis might need replacing before stringing up the twine since this years yield should be much bigger than last seasons.

Hop Garden August 15.jpg

Goldings August 15.jpg

Good idea for me to clean the weeds out of the beds and commence the watering/ feeding/ mulching regime.

That may take a while to sort, as the weeds are owning the plot.

Then it's time to erect the trellis again.

Scraped back the top 5cm of soil to find a Rhizome for a mate. This is what I found. All the water was used to clean away the soil so I didn't damage the plant.

1439711949525.jpg

OK, started on the hop beds today, as the hacksaw-slotting copper manifold task was getting to me.

Only weeded one bed so far, but found there was signs of life there, with the Cascade rhizome (maybe there was 2 in there?).
Cascade _Aug.jpg

Watered with 40 litres. not sure if that was even enough to dampen the plot.
after_water.jpg
Here's the mess before weed elimination.
Chinook_before_weeding.jpg

so thought id better post something up after a year of watching you guys,
the pride of ringwood and red earth are throwing up some good shoots already, cascade have barely broke the surface... chinook is still hiding,, but still pretty cold here in perth..hoping it isnt a dud
so with 3 cascades, golding, por, red earth and chinook, this should be a good year... ill post a photo up of my ghetto trellis when i rewire it in a few weeks...

20150816_155604.jpg

Spohaw said:
Here's my only hop I managed to grow from seed last year

starting to shoot again

attachicon.gif
littlehop.jpg
If it turns out to be a male don't turf it as I am sure there would be a few people on here that would be interested in using it for breeding.

how many seeds did you sow in order to get your single plant?

Latest posts

Back