2015 Vic Christmas in July Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Midnight Brew said:
Posted 23 May 2015 - 07:38 PM
sorry lads i'm out. family holiday to europe for a month with me and a mate doing a Belgium beer trip on the side (without wife & kids!) ooooooooohhhhhh yeeeeeeaaaahhhhh...........
Thought you were heading away with symphony there for a moment Mr midnight

Swappers, it would be ideal to see the details of everyone's beers in the next few days. if you haven't brewed yet you better pull the finger out!

1. Idzy
2. DJ_L3tHAL - American IPA
3. Yob
4. Nullnvoid
5. Brewnut - Jaggery IPA
6. GrumpyPaul
7. mofox1
8. Tahoose
9. Siborg
10. Midnight Brew - The Explorer (Dark Ale III)
11. Technobabble66
12. MartinOC - Dunkeldoppelweizenbock (I've never made one, but I tempted Mardoo with the prospect, so I guess I'm committed..). However, current ambient temperatures up here are more conducive to lager fermentation & it's just gonna get colder.....
13. Whiteferret
14. Grainer - Californian White IPA
15. Droid - 20minute APA or urquell lager (whichever tastes better)
16. Black n Tan- 'Event Horizon' RIS (11.2% ABV, bottled 1/3/15)- the event horizon is the region from which there is no escape from a Black Hole.
17. AJ80 - Fake blonde? Nope, fake Brett
18. Husky
19. JB
20. Micbrew
21. Navarau
22. Damn
23. Bumma
24. poggor
Reserve Swapper
Non-Swapper-attendees:
Brewer/Cuber
1. Idzy
2. DJ_L3tHAL
3. Yob
4. Nullnvoid
5. Brewnut
6. GrumpyPaul
7. mofox1
8. Tahoose
9. Siborg
10. Technobabble66
11. MartinOC
12. Whiteferret
13. Grainer
14. Mardoo
15. AJ80
16. Midnight Brew
17. JB
18. Micbrew
19. Navarau
20. Damn
22. poggor
23. droid
24. husky

I majorly F&^Ked up and bottled in glass. I can pull the entry if u guys like and drink it all :super: .. It has been in bottles for about 4 weeks already and my explosion rate is about 0 per 1000 bottles so far..

It was a major brain fart.. let me know what you prefer..

wrapped tightly in gladwrap

I opened a swap stubbie last night, dunno whose, the lid was unreadable.. it didnt quite hit the ceiling but it was a fun dash to the sink.

That was the last of the swap bottles to ever go inside the house.

LOL.. your like me.. I open all my swap bottles now outside or in the bathroom.. There was one bottle from the last swap that blew for everyone.. it was all over my ceiling lol.. but lucky I opened it just before it exploded..

Managed the scrum together 24ish PET bottles from previous swaps. Starters gone full blow within 5 hours from frozen. Pitching tomorrow night. Greenbelt, mmmmmm.

I put a Belgian Pale ale yeast on the plate yesterday, If Im swapping, it'll be along those lines.

(Dont worry though MB, Ive got a Greenbelt fermenting my Equinox Pale ale which should be my Keg on the day)

the coopers PET bottles are $15 for a box of 15 with free delivery through the coopers site

I too have already bottled my swap beer. Did it about 3 weeks ago. It's a Dark Porter.

I don't have the time to brew again for the swap so would it be OK to wrap tightly in gladwrap as Yob suggested?

I think it's agreed that this is acceptable for this swap.

To be avoided wherever possible though.

hows the temp going up there? bloody freezing here this morning riding around on the postie bike with so much gear on I feel like a woolly mammoth. must be bloody cold up there

Yep, we've already had snow twice in the past couple of weeks ('though none of it settled). Yesterday it never got above 5C, but today is beautifully clear & lovely in the sun. 'Hoping we can jag a day like this for the event......

We're getting through a shitload more wood than I anticipated, 'though!!!!

Edit: It's currently 3C outside.

So d'ya reckon don the wetsuit under the clothes?

35wfb6rz7qc9t0.jpg

^hehe

@Martin have you got enough dry wood? I can cut up a few verandas on the way up, just here and there

JB said:
So d'ya reckon don the wetsuit under the clothes?

35wfb6rz7qc9t0.jpg
Only if you plan on pissing yourself whilst wearing it... :ph34r: A Kodak-moment if ever there was one...

droid said:
^hehe

@Martin have you got enough dry wood? I can cut up a few verandas on the way up, just here and there
Dry wood we've got, just not as much as I thought would get us through this winter. It's only just into June & we've gone through about 6 CM already (this shed leaks heat like friggin' sieve!!) & it's just gonna get worse!

I know I said it in my initial post on this thread (& I'll say it again before the event), but everyone should be under no misconceptions about how ******* cold it gets up here (& how quickly it can change from good to woeful) & should pack their gear accordingly. If the weather is shitful, I can't even guarantee being able to light the brazier, let alone the big-mutha.

If I ever host another swap/Bummock, it'll be in summer.

Yob said:
Where's your sense of adventure..

(have snowboarding gear will be bringing)
Mate, you're talking to a bloke who has slept within a couple of metres of Salties in the NT ('didn't know it until the next morning!), Skydived nude from 15000 ft & also ski-ed Bourke St. at Mt Buller in the buff.

I'm currently thinking of changing the T-Shirts from "Bummock in the Bush" to "Cuddle-a-Cube Case-Swap".

Back