2015 Vic Christmas in July Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LUNCH

1. MartinOC
2. Yob
3. Idzy
4. Whiteferret
5. Nullnvoid
6. DJ_L3ThAL
7. droid
8. Technobabble66
9.Curly79
10. Brewnut
11. AJ80

ARVO

1. MartinOC
2. Yob
3. Idzy
4. Whiteferret
5. Nullnvoid
​6. DJ_L3ThAL
7. droid
8. Technobabble66
9.Curly79
10. Brewnut
11. Damn
12. AJ80

DINNER

1. MartinOC
2. Yob
3. Idzy
4. Whiteferret
5. Nullnvoid
​6. DJ_L3ThAL
7. droid
8.Curly79
9. Damn
10. AJ80

BREAKFAST

1. MartinOC
2. Yob
3. Idzy
4. Whitener return
5. Nullnvoid
​6. DJ_L3ThAL
7. droid
8. Damn
9. AJ80

Evening gents - quick food update:

Big ups to Droid for kicking off a list of who will be present for which meal. Would be very grateful if everyone coming along could please update the list as it will make catering a bit easier.

Looks like there is going to be a pretty tasty range of food options - including a spit roast. On that front, is anyone coming along happy to pitch in and pick up the meat? Whoever can do it will obviously be recompensed for the cost.

Also, probably best to shout out if anyone has any specific dietary requirements sooner rather than later.

LUNCH

1. MartinOC
2. Yob
3. Idzy
4. Whiteferret
5. Nullnvoid
6. DJ_L3ThAL
7. droid
8. Technobabble66
9.Curly79
10. Brewnut
11. AJ80

ARVO

1. MartinOC
2. Yob
3. Idzy
4. Whiteferret
5. Nullnvoid
​6. DJ_L3ThAL
7. droid
8. Technobabble66
9.Curly79
10. Brewnut
11. Damn
12. AJ80
13. Black n Tan

DINNER

1. MartinOC
2. Yob
3. Idzy
4. Whiteferret
5. Nullnvoid
​6. DJ_L3ThAL
7. droid
8.Curly79
9. Damn
10. AJ80
11. Black n Tan

BREAKFAST

1. MartinOC
2. Yob
3. Idzy
4. Whitener return
5. Nullnvoid
​6. DJ_L3ThAL
7. droid
8. Damn
9. AJ80
10. Black n Tan

LUNCH
1. MartinOC
2. Yob
3. Idzy
4. Whiteferret
5. Nullnvoid
6. DJ_L3ThAL
7. droid
8. Technobabble66
9.Curly79
10. Brewnut
11. AJ80
12.Tahoose

ARVO

1. MartinOC
2. Yob
3. Idzy
4. Whiteferret
5. Nullnvoid
​6. DJ_L3ThAL
7. droid
8. Technobabble66
9.Curly79
10. Brewnut
11. Damn
12. AJ80
13. Black n Tan
14. Tahoose

DINNER

1. MartinOC
2. Yob
3. Idzy
4. Whiteferret
5. Nullnvoid
​6. DJ_L3ThAL
7. droid
8.Curly79
9. Damn
10. AJ80
11. Black n Tan
12. Tahoose

BREAKFAST

1. MartinOC
2. Yob
3. Idzy
4. Whitener return
5. Nullnvoid
​6. DJ_L3ThAL
7. droid
8. Damn
9. AJ80
10. Black n Tan
11.Tahoose

How are we going to barrel age 80l/100l of this bummock?

Do I bring the barrel and Martin ferments? Do I keep at mine and make fridges available for local yokels to ferment in?

I'm keen as mustard to make the barrel available, just the logistics I'm a bit fuddled with.

Martin, I could take one of your cubes and do the deed, Idzy and mardoo? Thoughts?

I'm also conscious that I need to have something in this barrel soon lest it dry...

Geez! I hadn't even thought about that possibility, but I like the idea...

I've obviously got space here, but we'd need to create some sort of stillage up off the ground, so that we can get the fermented beer into it & then out again by gravity. If we do it here, it would also mean that you guys have to make trips back for the transfers & bottling.

Given that you guys are all in close-proximity to each other & the tyranny of distance, I'd be happy for you to take my cube. Then it's just me that makes trips rather than all three of you.

Hi Jesse, I would be happy to give you my cube to go in the barrel if you need another for volume.

Juice-junkie! B)

If we're going to hit the numbers I think we are, this is one beer to be put away for a long time in small quantities. Having it in a keg is a quest for oblivion!

Best idea would be to get people to do multiple ferments.. would take 4 weeks minimum to get it done properly then add it into the barrel all at once.. in the meantime add water with a bit of metabisulfite to the barrel to keep it good. If you have to do it in small batches... YOU MUST purge the barrel of oxygen or it WILL stuff up.

cheers

LUNCH
1. MartinOC
2. Yob
3. Idzy
4. Whiteferret
5. Nullnvoid
6. DJ_L3ThAL
7. droid
8. Technobabble66
9.Curly79
10. Brewnut
11. AJ80
12.Tahoose
13. Grainer

ARVO

1. MartinOC
2. Yob
3. Idzy
4. Whiteferret
5. Nullnvoid
​6. DJ_L3ThAL
7. droid
8. Technobabble66
9.Curly79
10. Brewnut
11. Damn
12. AJ80
13. Black n Tan
14. Tahoose
15. Grainer

DINNER

1. MartinOC
2. Yob
3. Idzy
4. Whiteferret
5. Nullnvoid
​6. DJ_L3ThAL
7. droid
8.Curly79
9. Damn
10. AJ80
11. Black n Tan
12. Tahoose

BREAKFAST

1. MartinOC
2. Yob
3. Idzy
4. Whitener return
5. Nullnvoid
​6. DJ_L3ThAL
7. droid
8. Damn
9. AJ80
10. Black n Tan
11.Tahoose

Grainer said:
Best idea would be to get people to do multiple ferments.. would take 4 weeks minimum to get it done properly then add it into the barrel all at once.. in the meantime add water with a bit of metabisulfite to the barrel to keep it good. If you have to do it in small batches... YOU MUST purge the barrel of oxygen or it WILL stuff up.

cheers
That's why I'm suggesting I make fridge space available, we could do the 4 at once pretty much

Everything about Idzy & his brewing exploits are BIG! 'Certainly doesn't do anything half-hearted... :beerbang:

Yob said:
That's why I'm suggesting I make fridge space available, we could do the 4 at once pretty much
I'd be up for it.. I have 2 fermenting fridges.. 400L each ...Id throw in my cube for some end product. I can also get cheap yeast from my Beerfest win.

Mardoo said:
Idzy's got that big fridge...just sayin'…
True, but I'd rather not be taking the finished beer for a drive to the barrel though.

I should be making up a frame for them in the cellar tonight

Pics to follow ;)

Back