2014 Vic Xmas in July case swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yob said:
Very rough plan, rough tape measure of space

attachicon.gif
Rough Plan.jpg
Thanks Yob that helps.

The kettle is going to be on a square metal frame with side rails and will need a little bit more room I would say. The details of my plans for the metal work can be seen in this picture below with an indication of the operating heights.

600 litre system design.jpg

Cheers,
Idzy

Haha, lost about 120kgs and 3 inches.

EDIT: Just some rationale around the design. I have left space for burner and tap work underneath, bringing the total height up somewhat. The operating platform is to provide support to lean on something cold whilst stirring, whirlpooling or adding additions.

I hope it makes sense.

My beer is bottled and I had a few last night (tasted pretty good): "The Witches Cauldron" American Imperial Red Ale (partial stein beer). I brew in a Braumeister and removed 10L of the 50L and added hot granite rocks to caramelise the wort (stein beer). I had a few Westgate Brewers over for the brew day and someone made the comment about a witches cauldron, hence the name.

Swap Attendees

1. Yob
2. Mardoo
3. Idzy
4. Technobabble66 - probably a Fat Yak style PA done w kolsch yeast.
5. GrumpyPaul - "Grumpy's Scottish Litter" (Scottish 80 to be aged on bourbon soaked oak)
6. Grainer - Robust Porter.. plus some top up of something else..not enough bottles as it is going in a comp
7. Brouhaha
8. Cocko - sKirt.
9. MartinOC
10. Midnight Brew
11. Wolfman (tentative)
12. zeggie
13. Damn - Probably an IPA\
14. DJ_L3ThAL - probably my Chestnut Pilsner
15. Camo6 - apa/ipa
16. micbrew
17. Warmbeer
18. JB
19. ro55c0 - Rye IPA
20. Whiteferret
21. AJ80 - raspberry saison stout
22. Edak
23. Black n Tan- "The Witches Cauldron" American Imperial Red Ale (partial stein beer)
24. Carpedaym

Reserves:
1. Relaxed brewer
2. Breakbeer
3. syl
4. Shane R
5. Woostyle

Non-Swap Attendees
1. Nullnvoid
3. CarpeDaym
4. RelaxedBrewer
5. New_Guy - will make some slow roast pulled pork taco's

Cubes/Brewers
1. Technobabble - 20L
2. Grainer 20L
3. Mardoo 20L
4. MartinOC 20L
5. Idzy 20L
6. Damn 20L
7. DJ_L3ThAL 20L
8. Yob 20L
9. JB 20L
10. Micbrew 20L
11. ro55c0 20L
12. Whiteferret 20L if enough can be brewed.
13. AJ80 20L, but understand am at the bottom of a looooooong list
14. RelaxedBrewer 20L
15. Breakbeer 20L
16. Midnight Brew 20L
17. Grumpy Paul 20L

Total: 340 litres

My Robust Porter is in a club comp this week so hopefully all goes good... hopefully it carbed up well... I slightly under did it this time...fingers crossed..

If it does SHiat ... I will change it to a chocolate coffee stout.. see what happens..

idzy said:
Thanks Yob that helps.

The kettle is going to be on a square metal frame with side rails and will need a little bit more room I would say. The details of my plans for the metal work can be seen in this picture below with an indication of the operating heights.

attachicon.gif
600 litre system design.jpg

Cheers,
Idzy
At a guess this far out, I'd say we'll only need the kettle and stand + the MT, plan at this point is to run 2 MT side by side and pump to the boil kettle If you know what I mean, by the time we add another 44 gal hlt, space will be tight but usable, pop over sometime and we'll have a look at the space and I'll show you what I'm thinking

;)

Braumeister Yob 'n' stein,

Whilst I remember, the "C" section (PFC) lengths I found at the new block are roughly 3.5-4m long & 25-30cm wide, by 8cm deep (eyeball guestimate).

Any use to you?

Because I'm a lazy late comer and CBF trawling through 16 pages (shoot me!) can anyone tell me if a location has been decided on? If so, where is it?

Hey Guys,

It is with regret but the reason counter acts it, just a little... I will no longer be swapping but will be attending the day and drag a keg along for all to enjoy!

SWMBO just pulled a surprise OS trip on me that is for 4 weeks, all of June, ******* blown away!! Anyway, with our current commitments and missing 4 weeks in the middle, I cannot allocate time to brew/bottle/age in time - only option is it being in the FV for 4 weeks, which I am not going to risk, no CC'ing time and a not ready to drink submission.

So in short, out of the 'swap' but still in for the day and will bring a keg along... and maybe even wear pants.

I have just struck myself off, hehe, so I guess the 1st reserve steps up?

Relaxed Brewer? You in?

Swap Attendees

1. Yob
2. Mardoo
3. Idzy
4. Technobabble66 - probably a Fat Yak style PA done w kolsch yeast.
5. GrumpyPaul - "Grumpy's Scottish Litter" (Scottish 80 to be aged on bourbon soaked oak)
6. Grainer - Robust Porter.. plus some top up of something else..not enough bottles as it is going in a comp
7. Brouhaha
8. Cocko - sKirt.
9. MartinOC
10. Midnight Brew
11. Wolfman (tentative)
12. zeggie
13. Damn - Probably an IPA\
14. DJ_L3ThAL - probably my Chestnut Pilsner
15. Camo6 - apa/ipa
16. micbrew
17. Warmbeer
18. JB
19. ro55c0 - Rye IPA
20. Whiteferret
21. AJ80 - raspberry saison stout
22. Edak
23. Black n Tan- "The Witches Cauldron" American Imperial Red Ale (partial stein beer)
24. Carpedaym

Reserves:
1. Relaxed brewer
2. Breakbeer
3. syl
4. Shane R
5. Woostyle

Non-Swap Attendees
1. Nullnvoid
2. Cocko - Will bring a keg of some beer. Probably the best beer you have EVER tasted. :lol: .. ever.
3. CarpeDaym
4. RelaxedBrewer
5. New_Guy - will make some slow roast pulled pork taco's

Cubes/Brewers
1. Technobabble - 20L
2. Grainer 20L
3. Mardoo 20L
4. MartinOC 20L
5. Idzy 20L
6. Damn 20L
7. DJ_L3ThAL 20L
8. Yob 20L
9. JB 20L
10. Micbrew 20L
11. ro55c0 20L
12. Whiteferret 20L if enough can be brewed.
13. AJ80 20L, but understand am at the bottom of a looooooong list
14. RelaxedBrewer 20L
15. Breakbeer 20L
16. Midnight Brew 20L
17. Grumpy Paul 20L

Total: 340 litres

Cocko said:
There will be viewings on the hour, each hour from 8 to 11... I will reserve you a seat.
Ugh! I'm getting such strong visuals right now.... :unsure:

The Horror.......The Horror!.... :wacko:

Moc, I have booked you in to the 10 viewing...

Seat A2.

You will be mainly looking the left but it will be bald... and almost polished... like a shiny egg.

On a more serious note, does RB [relaxed brewer] step into my place for the swap? feel bad for retracting but just wanna know it is back in line?

:D

No black wit oh noooes! But sounds like sweet new plans mate!!!

Cocko said:
feel bad for retracting but just wanna know it is back in line?

:D
I'm sure it's not the first time you've felt bad for retracting a bit early, yeah?

Well done to SWMBO for springing that on you. I remember when my wifey used to spring surprise weekends away at B&B's, or impromptu dinners in fancy restaurants, and even the odd late night romp...then...came...the...kids. :mellow:

Yep, the planned bottle was my black wit - which is a wit but black in colour, not like the modern trend of black IPA's which are Hoppy stouts... IMO...

Anyway, I will be there on the day, keg in hand and what is in the keg may still be 'interesting'.. I am thinking APA! - AYE! Cop a bit of APA up ya!

Latest posts

Back