2014 Vic Christmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Echoing everyone else's comments.
Great weather, great beer, great food...ok company.

Overall.....twas an awesome event once again.

Hats off to the brew crew, the food dude and Idzy the hostess with the mostess (shed space)

Yep stellar effort to all involved and who turned up, always good for a laugh and an intelligient beerversation!!! I'll be keeping 2015 in its entirety free for any case swaps that are arranged!!!

What was the measured OG of the brew in the end? Good to hear everyone got theirs full I was worried I'd have to give mine up being last on list but first to cube and run :p

Epic day.
Massive thanks to idzy for hosting, and to everyone in organizing the food and brewing.
I can't believe there were no cockups/accidents for the whole day! (Except for maybe the slightly unplanned 4hr mash/sparge process, I s'pose). Just goes to show the benefits of having not one, but 2 OHS guys on deck!
*All* of the many many kegs were fantastic.
It was great to see some familiar faces and meet a few new ones. Big ups to the "mildura blow-ins" for journeying down to join in the fun - the *Mildura* Red was fantastic (first time I've tried a Flanders sour). Everyone else seemed to have at least one really outstanding beer on tap/bottle and there was an amazing spread of styles, with Jesse's IPA being the standard awesome default I've come to look forward to guzzling every 6 months (just ignore Adam's "pineapple cordial" comment, Jesse). I'll be pestering a few people for recipes over the next month or 3! :lol:
A fantastic success, and I'm already looking forward to the next one.
I hope those that stayed on (thanks for cleaning up!) aren't feeling too shabby today.
Thanks again, Adam.

Ps: thanks a fkn bunch for that "name tag" btw.
I forgot to take it off.
Bastards.
So drove home, grabbed wifey and went to get dinner, stopping en route for a bit of shopping that involved us talking to the 2 girls that worked at the Chinese grocers for 5 mins, sat down at restaurant, ordered, waited 5 mins then wife said "hey you've still got your name tag on, why do you have a picture of a dick on it?" Long explanation followed involving the words beer, guys, & drunk.
Bastards!
:lol:

Cheers to Adam and everyone else for the awesome caseswap and mega brew day.
Preboil Gravity was 1051, postboil Gravity was 1061

technobabble66 said:
Ps: thanks a fkn bunch for that "name tag" btw.
I forgot to take it off.
Bastards.
So drove home, grabbed wifey and went to get dinner, stopping en route for a bit of shopping that involved us talking to the 2 girls that worked at the Chinese grocers for 5 mins, sat down at restaurant, ordered, waited 5 mins then wife said "hey you've still got your name tag on, why do you have a picture of a dick on it?" Long explanation followed involving the words beer, guys, & drunk.
Bastards!
:lol:
your welcome, lol.

Yeah great day everyone! Thanks to Idzy for hosting- epic brewery and great place to stand around getting drunk. I would like to than the guys who organised the food (Madhu!) it was awesome. I tried so many people's beers and they were all amazing- I can't believe people are churning out such high quality beer at home. Also special thanks to DJ Lethal for the spare cube- I'll be getting that into the fermenter today!
Really looking forward to the swap beers and to the next case swap!
Thanks again for making a swapday virgin feel welcomed!

george

IMG_3566.jpg
IMG_3569.jpg
IMG_3572.jpg
IMG_3580.jpg
IMG_3585.jpg
IMG_3581.jpg
IMG_3588.jpg

Huge thanks guys! Idzy for hosting, the brewers for their setup and brewing, Martin for organizing food, Mic and everyone who gave me a hand with the spit, the swap splitters, our brothers from the Northern Lands for coming all that way, and everyone else too just cuz.

And MoM, I've been saying for ages I'm not going to get into brewing sours, but you've made a convert of me. That Flanders Red was the bomb! Truly fantastic beer.

So in the interest of getting a "Tasting" thread started (im thirsty!) I wondered if we could finalise the list of who actually swapped?

1. Midnight Brew - Sons of Zeus IPA (Red X, Apollo, Bravo)
2. Grainer - Melandolin Induced Munich Dunkel - Think it came 4 out of 21 in recent comp
3. Idzy
4. Brewnut - Fruity Hopped Saison with Brett
5. Tahoose
6. Siborg - Milk Stout
7. Mardoo - Oaten Amber
8. Damn - Golden Ale or APA
9. technobabble66 (tentative)
10. Mayor of Mildura - IPA
11. JB - bastardised Zombie Dust
12. Navarau
13. mofox1 - Ella's Secret (Aust. IPA) Ella Pale / Galaxy Pale
14. GrumpyPaul - Red IPA
15. Luke1992
16. AJ80 - dusty sunrise (rye saison)
17. Whiteferret - Belgian Witbier
18. pedleyr
19. AndrewF - Northern English brown ale
20. djaroo7( Steam Beer)
21. DJ_L3THAL - my first Saison, wish me (or I suppose you) luck!
23. poggor Dr Pratt's Wit's End (Hefeweizen) drinking now
24. Meats

I'm sure some people on here didn't swap as evidenced by the number of left over bottles!

1. Midnight Brew - Sons of Zeus IPA (Red X, Apollo, Bravo)
2. Grainer - Melandolin Induced Munich Dunkel - Think it came 4 out of 21 in recent comp
3. Idzy
4. Brewnut - Fruity Hopped Saison with Brett
5. Tahoose
6. Siborg - Milk Stout
7. Mardoo - Oaten Amber
8. Damn - Golden Ale or APA
9. technobabble66
10. Mayor of Mildura - IPA
11. JB - bastardised Zombie Dust
12. Navarau
13. mofox1 - Ella Pale / Galaxy Pale
14. GrumpyPaul - Red IPA
15. Luke1992
16. AJ80 - dusty sunrise (rye saison)
17. Whiteferret - Belgian Witbier
18. pedleyr
19. AndrewF - Northern English brown ale
20. djaroo7( Steam Beer)
21. DJ_L3THAL - my first Saison, wish me (or I suppose you) luck!
23. poggor Dr Pratt's Wit's End (Hefeweizen) drinking now
24. Meats

From my recollection the above were scratchings, anyone care to confirm?

That looks about right. is the GuysHillBrewery beerswapale II Navarau's number 12 beer?

g

Mardoo said:
My phone smells like smoke.
Yeah, we were all drinking kegs of Rauchbier yesterday weren't we?? The aromatics were hard to pick at times...

Btw, my swap was an American Red Saison. Let's call it a "Red Red Y'all SaySun"
Was gonna go with Redneck Saison, but a fkn hate rednecks, and I'm hoping this is good.
Ready to drink after 14/12/14

poggor said:
That looks about right. is the GuysHillBrewery beerswapale II Navarau's number 12 beer?

g
Yep definitely, that is Dave's beer & brewery name

Alright. I'll be echoing all the previous cheers'ing.

Incredibly massive thanks to idzy for hosting the event, the whole great setup, to all the brew crew. Yob & Wayne as always brilliant effort, and all the additional assistants, karl & john & everyone. Jeez it looked like that massive kettle was gonna boil over, but amiracle, goes to show how good that anti boil over stuff worked, cheers Yob! Also the guys milling up and getting the water ready on Friday night.

Mardoo, epic effort getting all the meat organised, prepped and cooked. All day out in the sun, absolutely magnificent! Mick awesome effort too, legendary & Mrs yob for the ribs, brilliant. All the salads, sauces, rolls, cheers to Djar007 & everyone else who chipped in, chips, dips, etc.

As mentioned, brilliant beer tastings on the day, it was probably my first proper leap into sours, the Mildura lads with the Flanders red was awesome, (I also forgot I had the dick sticker on the chest, the kids thought it was hilarious) Yob's IPA bloody magnificent & Aaron, mate, abso-freakin-lutely magnificent spread of different beers, styles, colours (blueberries=pink?) kettle soured, kpa, burnt honey meads, mate inspirational brewing! Thanks to Tahoose for the keg spot in your portable system to mate.

Anyway, a great day, great meeting aheap of new fellow brewers & catching up with the good old ones too. Thanks also to those that I picked their brains over water profiles & mash ph, etc.

Thats it, cheers all & good night!

I cant really add much more as everything has been summed up already but a big thanks to Idzy for hosting, Mardoo for the meat grazing, the other food guys who brought bits and pieces and sauces, the Mildura lads for making the trip down and of course the brew day shenanigans. I cant wait to get stuck into the swaps!

Hi guys, was an awesome weekend. Really appreciated everyones help, whether it was Friday night set up, Saturday brewing, cooking, swapping, cubing, cleaning or helping coordinate the lot. Couldn't have been done without you and you know who you are.

Was a fantastic and very fun weekend. Some memorable moments were Madhu walking through the pool on a number of occasions, dancing with his top off. The mildy boys going for a swim together. And of course the awesome brew filling the kettle up to about 50mm shy of the top.

In the interests of continuing the tradition, the new thread is up:
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/index.php?/topic/83962-2015-Vic-Christmas-in-July-Case-Swap

Boys, I forgot the mention the epic amount of beer that I received on the day thanks to all of you and your generosity and to the swappers who didn't show, lol

My plan is to do some tasting sheets for these with a panel of members from TNFD (Tuesday Night Family Dinner).

Please let me know how you would like to receive your notes.

Back