2010 Adelaide and Mildura Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love an IPA!!

Consider it done! AIPA he we go...

Recipes??

Kidding, I know a few! :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the "sorta n00b" support!

Tyler

(edit : speeleing)

I brewed an extract attempt at an Epic IPA which wasn't my worst effort. I'd double the hops if I was going to do it again but that's just me. I've got 2 bottles here & should be able to ensure that they make it to November so we can test my extract brew vs other blokes extract brews.

I've also got some extracts brews that will be gone well before November so that I can start pretending that they never happened.

For the blokes that haven't brewed AG before, do you just want to see the process or do you want to take home a fresh wort kit? I'm happy either way. I should point out at this point that I'm yet to brew AG here. I've got some "stainless steel pots" getting modified but I'm not 100% sure when I'll see the finished product. I'll have everything sorted by November & will have had a couple of batches go through prior to the case swap just to ensure everything works. If I don't have AG beer, brewed here, on tap by then I'll be disappointed. Depending on how many dudes are keen to take home fresh wort we may have to do a couple of batches, borrow some gear from someone or do both.

I booked Friday the 5th off work today, I reckon the 1st thing I do when I get in tomorrow is get the 8th off. 1 day may not be enough to recover from this one.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am worried about brewing at a case swap. Can just see someone who has had a few resting their beer on a mashtun only for it to fall into the kettle...

I Would love to see a brew going - with 25 backseat drivers it's going to 'generate a lot of discussion'

I Would love to see a brew going - with 25 backseat drivers it's going to 'generate a lot of discussion'

& as long as Phil doesn't start on the beers to early we should be able to avoid any broken glass from finding it's way into the kettle.

can someone please remove me from the list, im out.

Cheers
KHB

Hi guys,

I've added myself to the reserve list for swapping, but would also be happy just to attend if no spots become available.

Primarily I'm looking to meet some local brewers, and am not opposed to talking shit while knocking back an ale or two!

I have just started experimenting with AG (biab style), and thanks to DrSmurto can now even control my fermentation temperature :beerbang: . I'm also keen to pick up a few tips from the more experienced folk if anyone is happy to have someone loitering around their brew day asking (hopefully not) dumb questions...

cheers
Dave

EDIT: p.s. as per KHB's request I have removed from the list (spot 21) and replaced with levin who was first in the reserve line. Hope thats the correct thing to do, otherwise someone let me know (nicely) and I'll put it back...

Monster mill has arrived. it is heavy. sweet.
IMAGE_102.jpg

Wow, this thread has gone quickly. I can't go, I'm overseas when the swap is on, but I certainly wish the attendees a successful night :)

Guys... I'm out! Unable to now attend.

I'm having trouble editing the article, so can someone please remove me from the list and add Widdley as he was on the reserve list of brewers...

Sorry for the mess around

Hope you all have a swell night and take shit loads of photos!

Tyler

edit: maybe next year fellas :)

Back