2010 Adelaide and Mildura Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Article

Please update whether you are coming etc in the article instead of this thread.

Cheers
Phil

There's not much available in the dirt department but you can choose between grass, concrete or gravel. There is an empty block next door if you've got yr heart set on dirt.

Grass, concrete or gravel will be fine. Have a nice built in foam mattress in my swag.

IMGP2584.JPG

Actually right next to Smurto could be interesting, Bconnery was more than happy at the Qld swap :lol:

BYB

Grass, concrete or gravel will be fine. Have a nice built in foam mattress in my swag.

BYB

That was my lame attempt at a joke, inspired by the joke thread. It's a train wreck in there isn't it? Don't want to keep reading but can't look away?

Control freak :lol: <_<

Yeah, what if we all want to read the current list on every post?

Starting the article may not have been the best idea then

HELP!!! How do I get my name on the list of social drinkers and not swappers? I can't work out how to do this.
Vespa2
:huh:

Shall we confirm the date first?

Ok, I would say that by general comments (and silence is compliance), the 2010 Adelaide Christmas Swap will be on the 6th November.

Hatchy, please confirm that there will be enough room for approximately 30 plus people at your place, approximately 10 staying over night, and hopefully no neighbours that don't like you having parties, and then we should be able to lock in the venue.

Hatchy, please confirm that there will be enough room for approximately 30 plus people at your place, approximately 10 staying over night, and hopefully no neighbours that don't like you having parties, and then we should be able to lock in the venue.

Actually with all the excitement going on the above would be a very good consideration. The street won't get to cluttered with cars? Though mine won't be there as swambo may be staying at Novar Gardens for the night.

BYB

Ok, I would say that by general comments (and silence is compliance), the 2010 Adelaide Christmas Swap will be on the 6th November.

Agreed that silence is compliance.

If we all want to be under cover at the same time it'll be a bit cosy with 30 under the double carport veranda but we'll fit. If it's only 10 staying then that part will be easy, especially if everyone who wants to stay has a swag.

Edit: Parking won't be a problem. There's stacks of street parking & an empty block next door that we could utilise if required.

This looks to be shaping up as a rip snorter.

Thanks to Hatchy for his gracious offer to host.

It should indeed be a great night.

Nice and close for a cab ride too for me once filled with liquor.

Vespa's current sig inspired me to have at think whilst cleaning corny's tonight. If any kit/extract brewers are coming & want to brew AG but don't have the gear we could brew at the case swap & they could take wort home in cubes. I know that personally I read about AG brewing here & in How to Brew & found it a bit confusing. Having been to a couple of brewdays at Phil's place, 1 at Beerbelly, a couple at Brewboys & a brewweekend at Legham's place I'm really looking forward to getting my gear & brewing to the point where I'll need mates to help me empty kegs & bottles so I can brew more. I drink a lot, when I started brewing again I never thought I'd get to a point where I want to brew more than I want to drink. If anyone wants to ferment some AG beer at home but doesn't have gear then feel free to post here or send me a PM. It would give us a great excuse to brew on the day.

I've got 4 cubes that have to be fermented & kegged for our wedding in October, I'm hoping to get my swap beer in the ferment fridge after those 2 are done to give it plenty of time in the bottles as well as giving me plenty of time to brew again if my 1st effort turns out rubbish. It's my 1st swap so I want a good beer to hand out.

I took out the "not confirmed" in the article for the date & venue.

Vespa's current sig inspired me to have at think whilst cleaning corny's tonight. If any kit/extract brewers are coming & want to brew AG but don't have the gear we could brew at the case swap & they could take wort home in cubes. I know that personally I read about AG brewing here & in How to Brew & found it a bit confusing. Having been to a couple of brewdays at Phil's place, 1 at Beerbelly, a couple at Brewboys & a brewweekend at Legham's place I'm really looking forward to getting my gear & brewing to the point where I'll need mates to help me empty kegs & bottles so I can brew more. I drink a lot, when I started brewing again I never thought I'd get to a point where I want to brew more than I want to drink. If anyone wants to ferment some AG beer at home but doesn't have gear then feel free to post here or send me a PM. It would give us a great excuse to brew on the day.

Yes please. I need more of an understanding of what I am building for!
JD

rip snorter.

Never heard this expression - so had to look it up in the Aussie slang dictionary :lol:

Should be a good night - but aren't they always a good night?

Nah, its an Adelaide / Sydney barrier. :icon_cheers:

Back