2010 Adelaide and Mildura Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would it be OK for a couple of ring-ins from Mildura to be in the swap?
I say if you can get here, you're welcome.

Can't see why not, if they accept me from Whyalla. Unless they're all big city snobs :p
Big city? Adelaide? :lol:

In or around Adelaide it says right? I'd imagine the extent of "around Adelaide" would mean as far as yr willing to travel to get to Adelaide.
I did consider calling it the 'South Australian' case swap, but I figured you proper non-city folk were statistical outliers. I specifically added the 'around' part to make up for it. I see no problem with some Mildurans coming along. Hell, Queenslanders can probably come too... but they have to walk.

Sweet. Hillbilly's! Count me in then. I'll bring my banjo. as long as it's not on the Adelaide test weekend.

FWIW My preference would be for early november.

1. QuantumBrewer
2. raven19
3. Phillip
4. Kieren (date dependent)
5. pants
6. Hatchy
7. DrSmurto
8. Glaab
9. groucho
10. mayor of Mildura (date dependent)

I did consider calling it the 'South Australian' case swap, but I figured you proper non-city folk were statistical outliers. I specifically added the 'around' part to make up for it. I see no problem with some Mildurans coming along. Hell, Queenslanders can probably come too... but they have to walk.

I'm a queenslander (i only live in MIldura). Hope this doesn't change anything. According to google maps if I had to walk it would take 3 days and 5 hours! :p

I'm in to then, from mildura to.

1. QuantumBrewer
2. raven19
3. Phillip
5. pants
6. Hatchy
7. DrSmurto
8. Glaab
9. groucho
11. awesome fury (date dependent)

It is great to see some new names on the list so far. Exciting times here is little old SA. :)

So is there usually a style or theme brew people stick to? Or is it an open slather?

Suggestions - Saison, 10min IPA, belgian blonde?

I'm a queenslander (i only live in MIldura). Hope this doesn't change anything. According to google maps if I had to walk it would take 3 days and 5 hours! :p

Well that's handy. Better than walking from Cairns.

I have been convinced to give it a go, I will have to rustle up some long necks and plan a brew - Cheers

1. QuantumBrewer
2. raven19
3. Phillip
5. pants
6. Hatchy
7. DrSmurto
8. Glaab
9. groucho
12. Gopha

I would like to hope that this would kick off at lunch time and go late in the night. Allows everyone with other commitments to come for some part of the day.

I think whoever hosts the swap may need to take into consideration some people wanting to stay the night...especially if people will be coming from some way away.

Cheers
Phil

Very pleased to see a few new names on the list. Tell your friends!

So is there usually a style or theme brew people stick to? Or is it an open slather?

Suggestions - Saison, 10min IPA, belgian blonde?
My opinion is as above (and now below):

I'm thinking there's enough diversity between brewers these days that forgoing a specific theme will result in wonderful variety, so I'm all for people bringing whichever beer they choose - Corona clones to RISs.
While a very specific theme gives people a chance to challenge themselves and compete, it also means 24 of the 'same' beer in each case.

I would like to hope that this would kick off at lunch time and go late in the night. Allows everyone with other commitments to come for some part of the day.

I think whoever hosts the swap may need to take into consideration some people wanting to stay the night...especially if people will be coming from some way away.
I would also like to see it go this way. In fact, I will go as far as actually hoping as such, rather than just liking to hope. Now that's commitment!!! :p

... just adding room for people. Hurry - places are limited!

Interested in Attending:
--------------------------
1. QuantumBrewer
2. raven19
3. Phillip
5. pants
6. Hatchy
7. DrSmurto
8. Glaab
9. groucho
12. Gopha

Will throw my hat in the ring as well. As long as nothing major changes and i'm still in the state for work i'll be there with kegs on.

Interested in Attending:
--------------------------
1. QuantumBrewer
2. raven19
3. Phillip
5. pants
6. Hatchy
7. DrSmurto
8. Glaab
9. groucho
12. Gopha
13. Rustyc

How's this for a theme: 25 interpretations of a very popular (locally-developed) Amarillo-powered golden ale? ;-)

About time i became sociable

1. QuantumBrewer
2. raven19
3. Phillip
5. pants
6. Hatchy
7. DrSmurto
8. Glaab
9. groucho
12. Gopha
13. Rustyc
14. TonyC (date dependent)

1. QuantumBrewer
2. raven19
3. Phillip
5. pants
6. Hatchy
7. DrSmurto
8. Glaab
9. groucho
12. Gopha
13. Rustyc
15. RussTaylor

1. QuantumBrewer
2. raven19
3. Phillip
5. pants
6. Hatchy
7. DrSmurto
8. Glaab
9. groucho
12. Gopha
13. Rustyc
15. RussTaylor
16. Goofinder

Filling up quickly...

Filling up quickly...
Indeed. Great to see such enthusiasm.

Now, the question is - once this is full do we;

1. start a backup list (there will inevitably be dropouts for one reason or another)?
2. up the number of longnecks in a case (I would personally like to keep it in the 'standard single batch' range)?
3. change to stubbies?
4. (personal favourite) stick with 24 longnecks but randomise the individual beers in each case from the pool... i.e. each get 24 out of a possible (say) 30 beers at random? a.k.a. Lucky Dip.

The last option will also mean we don't have to worry about how many people end up on the list.

1. start a backup list (there will inevitably be dropouts for one reason or another)? yes
2. up the number of longnecks in a case (I would personally like to keep it in the 'standard single batch' range)? no
3. change to stubbies? no
4. (personal favourite) stick with 24 longnecks but randomise the individual beers in each case from the pool... i.e. each get 24 out of a possible (say) 30 beers at random? a.k.a. Lucky Dip. no

Just my opinion (I like being able to voice it without it being deleted).

As far as theme goes, I like the idea of not having one. Just let people brew what they can.

Cheers
Phil

Gee this is filling up quick.
count me in.

1. QuantumBrewer
2. raven19
3. Phillip
5. pants
6. Hatchy
7. DrSmurto
8. Glaab
9. groucho
12. Gopha
13. Rustyc
15. RussTaylor
16. Goofinder
17. A3k

Sounds good and should get brewing arse up and running...has been way too long to between brews and if I get 20+ other beers out of it then its a bonus.

I suggest we stick to 26ish people...can't remember but two milk crates hold something like 13 largies and 26 largies = 2 milk crates = a normal brew (19.5L).....case swaps back home in the hunter have been limited to this number and worked well.

A theme is fun...BUT you have to think that chances are others wont like that theme...a good tried and tested thems is "brew your best beer"...something you are happy with and can replicate...I dont really want to get 25 bottles of experiments unless that is the theme...get what I mean??

Anywhooo lets doo it...I need to brew some beer!!!

1. QuantumBrewer
2. raven19
3. Phillip
5. pants
6. Hatchy
7. DrSmurto
8. Glaab
9. groucho
12. Gopha
13. Rustyc
15. RussTaylor
16. Goofinder
17. A3k
18.Pok

P.S I will need to get some long necks from someone so if anyone has a spare set let me know.

Latest posts

Back