2009 Qld Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where's the pictures of the pizza? and the bread? If I were there I'd be into the pizza, love it !

Batz

I didn't manage to get any pics of the pizza because it was gone within nano seconds of it leaving the smoker.

I would just like to say thank you for all coming, Im not much of a public speaker that is why I didn't talk last night will leave that up to sqyre he is an expert at talking shiat!!

I would like to say a very big thank you to Ned!! really dont know if we would have got there without your help, both of us really appreciate all of your help.

I would also like to thank my cooking bitch (Doug) and my beer bitch (Pat) really appreciate all you did guys.

I had an absolute blast and look forward to next year..

cheers
Ren (MrsSqyre)

oh and Im currently uploading one video to you tube, the others will have to wait till tomorrow.

Here is a sample of the videos to come!! Enjoy..

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't think it was really possible but they seem to get better every year.
Another absolute cracker of an effort by the Sqyre's!

Some great beers and great company.
Great to meet the new faces and see some old ones as well.

An awesome crazy trip down with Jason, Incider, Lilo and Doug.
Froth flying through the back seat from the slightly enthusiastic pouring meeting the highway aircon...
The poor couple in the Kombi weren't really sure how to react with faced with the Swedish taxi full of boys on the way to the swap...

A forced stop off at Ross's shop for essential supplies. I certainly needed Meantime IPA that's for sure.

The food. Oh the food.
Smoked scallops wrapped in Prosciouto, the pig, the ribs.
Smoked mushrooms in the breakfast.

Some tasty tasty beers as always. Stout that was good for night time and breakfast :)

Huge effort by Ossami Bin Bunyip even if his wake up efforts weren't appreciated by all.
I suppose having 6 foot of drunk bearded North QLD fury land on you when you are semi-comatose could be considered a little scary.
Top effort from Ned to go that hard, until the wall came.

I have some crackin photos to come, and a lot of photos of crack...But these will have to wait until I can be arsed making the journey all the way down the hall to put the camera and the computer in the same place.

More will spring to mind but to be honest right now even typing is an effort.
Time to go...

What a great night, fantastic food and beers all round. Thanks again to Bruce and Renae for an awesome event. Thanks also to everyone who helped to make it all happen.

Oh, a big **** you to Sav for the dose of ISOHop....Prick. Hope you enjoyed your beer bath.... And a big apology to Mothballs for the aftermath. Ross blamed you BTW..... :ph34r:

We did, but Bonj ( who is a homo ) burnt his a little bit
In my defence, I was drunk and forgot about it :rolleyes:

Also, I put too much dough in the camp oven... having never used one before. Also, just scrape the burnt bits off you big girls. :p

In my defence, I was drunk and forgot about it :rolleyes:

Also, I put too much dough in the camp oven... having never used one before. Also, just scrape the burnt bits off you big girls. :p

It was delicious! Great work for you and Kawasaki Stu. :D

Looks like an awesome swap ensued. Love the photos and posts thus far...

BYB and Butters representing SA.... good work lads!

What a fantastic night....maybe a little quieter than usual due to several guys being picked up by their spouses at 11.00pm (WTF)

Bruce, Renae, you guys exceed with your hospitallity each year. The smoker was bloody awesome, I've put on 3kg!!! (3 months dieting gone in 1 night :( )

Great to see so many faces make it from far & wide.... This is truly becoming a country wide celebration of good beer & friendship.

I didn't take too many photo's as enjoying the festivities too much, but did get the camera out as the Rook started getting frisky with one & all :p

Rook.jpg

Rook1.jpg

rook2.jpg

Rook3.jpg

Rook4.jpg

Rook5.jpg

Cheers Ross

Wow, thanks everyone! Thanks to the Squires. Top weekend.
Sober now...
Just.

So it's National Case Swap next year? What's wrong with International - get a couple of our Yankee cousins over? Maybe a couple of Craft Brewers Asian hop growing farm buddies? - maybe a couple of Benedictine monks from Belgium? - maybe we could open it up to... ....women?

How could anyone resist the allure of standing in a field, drinking beer with a load of other blokes off the internet!

Really enjoyed it!

:icon_cheers:

- maybe we could open it up to... ....women?

How could anyone resist the allure of standing in a field, drinking beer with a load of other blokes off the internet!

The event is by no means closed to women. Just for some reason most choose not to come...

The event is by no means closed to women. Just for some reason most choose not to come...

It's open to women - it's just that the ones that came later took people away!

(Yes Chappo, that means you!) :lol:

And Baa Bra always comes along!

Not sure what was going on here :unsure:

Backyard Backdoor Brewer in action.
backdoor_brewer.jpg

Cheers Ross

Back