2009 Qld Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I won't mention his name to save embarrassment, but he had nothing to do with the chilli eating somehow got sauce on his hand an when he went for a piss got it on his old fella and it started to burn so bad that he was contemplating asking me to take him to hosiptal untill Sav offered him some moisturising cream to rub into the affected part. How would you explain THAT to the missus, especially when she had read all the QLD swap thread with all it misanthropic goings on.

Thanks for not incriminating me Browndog :lol:

OK, I have just risen from my slumber and Patch is no where to be found :( I do remember Patch dropping the Rook off at some shady motel here in Surfers. Hope the Rook is ok.Wait, just found PP or should I say he just walked out from a room that has a tag on it, "Don't Knock"
Great to meet the hosts the Sqyres. Can't thank them enough for welcoming me into there place. Fantastic bar, well actually I would be selling Sqyre a bit short by calling it just a bar. Fckn palace, a place to even worship in. One really needs to be there to appreciate what you have done. Managed to pitch my swag far away enough from the proceedings to get a little shut eye.
Got awoken when this thing I would call the river Bunyip started to do the rounds. I think he was lost. Good to also catch up with a few brewers that I met in Melbourne last year (ANHC). Butters you little prick, never told me you were dropping in. I did get told Dave from S.A was going to be there. Dave..... who? :unsure:

Shit almost forgot to thank Luke aka Gravity Guru for the lift from Brissy airport.

Better post a few pics, will try and keep it as clean as I can. But then again if any of the other pics in this thread are anything to go by :lol:

The body is willing but the mind is shot
IMGP2596.JPG

Safety in numbers, although be it small
IMGP2550.JPG

One of the many group therapy sessions on the day
IMGP2555.JPG

BYB

Hey BYB - that pic of Osama Bin Bunyip is my favourite... :lol:

I was bound with duct tape while sleeping this morning, and now know that duct tape is a suitable substitute for wax for removal of unwanted hair - Osama laid a strip of tape on my armpit and removed it quickly - a number of times. :rolleyes:

What a way to loose your virginity.Great being able to place faces to names now...

Had a a bloody ball.Sincerest thanks to the Sqyres for the incredible effort organising/creating a fantastic night...

The shed is a shrine to Brewers everywhere... We shoud face in the direction of it before every brewday and raise our glasses in Awe to help our brew go better....

PS
Rooks a Pussy

Whats the joke? Rook can i please see both your hands.

IMGP2592.JPG

Wayne, I reckon Butters is moving north.

IMGP2549.JPG

What I would call the looooooooong table.

IMGP2569.JPG

BYB

Well Lads all done and dusted for another year, and would like to say thanks to Mr & Mrs Sqyre for their amazing hospitality and organization (The Ribs were absolutely sensational) and Sqyre you really out did yourself with the Smoker Oven.

To all the brewerhood that attended, thanks. I have only been involved with you guys for a couple of years but its a great group of people, except for Incider who is a complete nutbag but has Baarbra.

Screwy and Batz, it was a bit different without you guys but still an absolute blast.

Now, for the good news............I can finally taste my food after drinking from Ross's hop infusion unit and am starting to feel normal again after the drive home.

Best thing of all for me was we got to take the Swedish Taxi out on another AHB roadtrip, we also got talking about planning another roadtrip...a trip to Bunyip's was mentioned...might need a months holiday's to get that in.

Jay

Well Lads all done and dusted for another year, and would like to say thanks to Mr & Mrs Sqyre for their amazing hospitality and organization (The Ribs were absolutely sensational) and Sqyre you really out did yourself with the Smoker Oven.

To all the brewerhood that attended, thanks. I have only been involved with you guys for a couple of years but its a great group of people, except for Incider who is a complete nutbag but has Baarbra.

Screwy and Batz, it was a bit different without you guys but still an absolute blast.

Now, for the good news............I can finally taste my food after drinking from Ross's hop infusion unit and am starting to feel normal again after the drive home.

Best thing of all for me was we got to take the Swedish Taxi out on another AHB roadtrip, we also got talking about planning another roadtrip...a trip to Bunyip's was mentioned...might need a months holiday's to get that in.

Jay

Going via Rosedale?

A quiet moment alone

IMGP2556.JPG

Getting down to business

IMGP2568.JPG

Taken soon after the river Bunyip had done his rounds. Truly fantastic scenery.

IMGP2594.JPG

Ned and therook Giving Ducatiboy the Gaffer Tape Wake Up...

NedRook1.jpg

Snow seriously Contemplating Introducing a Zero Tolerance Policy of Terrorists

NedSnow1.jpg

Jay

Always next year, and I suppose could have something at the cave later in the year, like a Marchofest

Lot of faces there I don't recognize, quite a few newbies

Batz

Always next year, and I suppose could have something at the cave later in the year, like a Marchofest

Batz

Notice someone never got a mention? ;) :lol:
Marchofest? Could start a trend? Maybe?

Poor Brucey! (Wink-wink) :D
50 odd this year. How many in 2010? Might still call in but? :party:

TP

Ned's back going hard.... :party:
Dunno who left all the ginger beer downstairs but there maybe a few bottles missing...
and we have been working our way through the gifts.. ;)

Also there is 2 boxes of swap bottles downstairs??? did someone forget theirs???

I will do a big thanks post soon once my brain starts working again...
All in all, a good night Boys :super: ... a bit tamer than usual but awesome fun all the same....

Sqyre...

Brucey,

Congratulations on a top hosting effort mate. :super:
That ginger beer you mention above would most likely be the product of Gravity Guru (Doesn't keg just yet) who makes the most awesome ginger beer I have ever tasted. :icon_drool2:

TP

Back