2009 Qld Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was out in the dark taking a leak and fell over, and decided to make up a bed in the car while I was still not totally in a coma, and when I had folded down the car seats, arranged doonahs etc I tripped a second time, fell into the car and next thing it was dawn :rolleyes:

Here's the picture of relatively sober Chappo from the previous post, the bloody editor's driving me nuts:

case_17__Medium_.jpg

Just got home. Was a fantastic day yesterday. Could have done without Bunyip feeling my nipples at 6.00am after I went to bed at 3.30. I got him back though ;)

Thanks Bruce and Renae for again putting on an awesome shindig. Great food, especially those smoked oysters (thanks to Ducatiboy stu)! I think that breakfast fry up saved my life this morning.

Cheers - Snow

I would sincerely hate the be the sqyres' toilet this morning...

ring_of_fire.jpg

Whatta nite!
Hopefully Osama bin Bunyip has recovered from the nap attack.
Sqyre was in need of a drinking partner when we left.

(I really hate that Sunday drive back)

BribieG fell over while relieving himself... could have been worse... could have fallen on a brown snake, or he could have had that chilli sauce on his hands :blink:

Whatta nite!
Hopefully Osama bin Bunyip has recovered from the nap attack.
Sqyre was in need of a drinking partner when we left.

(I really hate that Sunday drive back)

The Bunyip has moved...now lying on the lounge..
and his right eye opened for a brief moment... then closed..

Sqyre... :unsure:

What a cracker of a night. Made it home safe and sound, and actually feel like a beer :)

Big thanks to Mr & Mrs Sqyre for their hospitality and an awesomely brilliant night!

Great to catch up with those of you I know, and great to meet all of you interstaters and newbs :p

Cheers!

PS: More Photos Please!!!

PPS: Glad everyone liked my special name tags :ph34r:

Oh, and Sqyre, may have left my glass and shifter there somewhere too.....

First off top night, many thanks to Bruce and Renae for their hospitality, you guys really are as good as they come. Also, to our interstate visitors, great to have you onboard and put names to faces, unfortunately I never got to have a yack with Butters (who I thought the mystery guest was actually Angry Anderson) but we will catch up another time mate and as declared making it a National Swap. Fat Godzilla, you truely are! The Rook, mate, you go hard. Pat, great to see you again buddy and BYB, sorry we didn't have the Floyd a thon, but before I crashed Incider had commandeered the sound system and was running Johnny Cash songs.
I think we need to explain a little more about the notorious chilli sauce. This stuff caused quite the stir at the swap and some tears and much mirth. Scruffy produced a little bottle of chilli sauce from a wooden box and boys being boys, could not resist have a sample. Actually, sauce is not the right word, I think Andy described it as extract. A couple of the lads (read the young blokes) had the tiniest amount on their finger tips and suddenly proceeded to rush to hang off the balcony handrail.
Someone had spilled a bit on the table and Stillscotish lowered his head to the table with tongue extended into the chilli sauce (hahahaha, realtime laughing there) He jumped like he just received 240V and went to join the younf blokes at the balcony handrail. Stu tried a bit, but being the chillihead he is just managed to take it into his stride. Now it got interesting, Scoundrell Rogue, (young bloke) put an amount the size of a 20c peice in his palm and contemplated it for a few seconds, during which Andy tried to stop him, and then licked it up. The effect took about 5 seconds to hit before he ran off into the darkness not to be seen for a few hrs. Meanwhile, one of the previous young blokes still having a hard time got residue off his hand into his eyes and had a pretty bad time for a while.

This is where it starts to get funny.

I won't mention his name to save embarrassment, but he had nothing to do with the chilli eating somehow got sauce on his hand an when he went for a piss got it on his old fella and it started to burn so bad that he was contemplating asking me to take him to hosiptal untill Sav offered him some moisturising cream to rub into the affected part. How would you explain THAT to the missus, especially when she had read all the QLD swap thread with all it misanthropic goings on.

Campbell.JPG
Campbell learns a new kind of pain.

Stu.JPG
Stu, hard as nails.

scoundrell.JPG
Scoundrell, about to transcend into a new conciousness

the_smoker.JPG
The mighty smoker in action

Breadmakers.JPG
Stu and Ben, using yeast another way.

randall_1.JPG
First glass from Ross Randall

randall_2.JPG
Mmmmm..........hops

cheers

Browndog

Not normally a hop head but that Randalised beer was spectacular. However I had a pint before I was informed it was 10% ABV :huh: and was definitely the straw that broke the camel's back

I think we need to explain a little more about the notorious chilli sauce. This stuff caused quite the stir at the swap and some tears and much mirth. Scruffy produced a little bottle of chilli sauce from a wooden box and boys being boys, could not resist have a sample. Actually, sauce is not the right word, I think Andy described it as extract. A couple of the lads (read the young blokes) had the tiniest amount on their finger tips and suddenly proceeded to rush to hang off the balcony handrail.
Someone had spilled a bit on the table and Stillscotish lowered his head to the table with tongue extended into the chilli sauce (hahahaha, realtime laughing there) He jumped like he just received 240V and went to join the younf blokes at the balcony handrail. Stu tried a bit, but being the chillihead he is just managed to take it into his stride. Now it got interesting, Scoundrell Rogue, (young bloke) put an amount the size of a 20c peice in his palm and contemplated it for a few seconds, during which Andy tried to stop him, and then licked it up. The effect took about 5 seconds to hit before he ran off into the darkness not to be seen for a few hrs. Meanwhile, one of the previous young blokes still having a hard time got residue off his hand into his eyes and had a pretty bad time for a while.

This is where it starts to get funny.

I won't mention his name to save embarrassment, but he had nothing to do with the chilli eating somehow got sauce on his hand an when he went for a piss got it on his old fella and it started to burn so bad that he was contemplating asking me to take him to hosiptal untill Sav offered him some moisturising cream to rub into the affected part. How would you explain THAT to the missus, especially when she had read all the QLD swap thread with all it misanthropic goings on.

Yes that chilli oil, not sauce was um..er...FUCKN HOT...

Poor old Scoundrel is way to scared to shit....He wont know the meaning of pain...but man, it going to hurt... :lol:

Yes..it was true about the hospital, moisturising cream...and how he applied it...damn funny :super:

What a night,Big thanks to Mr & Mrs Sqyre for their hospitality you really know how too look after us fellow piss heads,so much food,Thanks to all the boys you all are top crew and what about that chilli I know what I did when i got home.
Snow thank for the entertainment with the mouth organ I havent cracked up that much for ages and chappo sorry mate to here you had to go to bed at 8 oclock you looked pretty tired untill next year.

cheers sav

Sounds like you guys had heaps of fun! Good to speak to PP, Chappo, Sully, Ned, Incider, Butters and the The Rook! MossyRocks IPA sounded the bomb. I think I partyed as hard as you guys! Still standing at 5.00am... not feeling to shabby! WHAOOOO!

WOW!

What a night! No wonder the next door neighbors place is up for sale! :lol:

My thankyous:

Mr & Mrs Sqyre for their sterling hospitality. At one stage of the evening Sqyre retrieved me from the shed to come and massage Renae's leg. Score!

Jay & The Swedish Taxi - a top ride with Mooseman, Doug & Lilo. I think the caravan fell off somehow!

Interstaters - Patch, The Rook, Duff, BYB, Ducati Biaaaatch Stu and Osama Bin Bunyip. It's a long way to travel, and the days are LONG when you're as hard core as Ned and The Rook.

Chillie sauce - great work Scruffy for letting me taste it. It's good gear. Scoundrel, I'll bet that poo is using your undies as a trampoline now!

Liam - nice watch mate!

Campbell, Winkle, Anna, Frogman, Mothballs, Ross, Nevermore, Troydo, NickB, Browndog, Bribie, Fatz - I love you guys - and not just in BYB's pink dildo kind of way. Great to catch up with some of your and to meet new brewing mates.

And we've gone National!

Next year I'm bringing a cider again - I'll have to find out where Bconnery gets the fresh crushed apple juice.

In summary, we got 'pretty loose', 'got involved' and had 'total coverage' of the event. What great hosts, great cooking, great food and great brewers.

Allah Akbar!

Now I've had a few hours of man nap, under the man fan after considerable rehydrating. I think its time for a recovery ale and be thankful I'm not at work (hey Campbell!).
Thanks again to the Sqyres :super:
Great randellized beer Ross, and Scruffy for the fly killer from hell!!

My liver's thanking me for being here.
Is my tongue bleeding in that shot of BribieG's? At least after the sauce incident I was able to scoff a stack of Rellennos without a problem.

Thanks again to the greatest hosts in Woodhill. How about smoked Cornflakes for brekky next year? It was great to meet all you interstate guys. Good to put faces to names. Just wish I could remember all that was discussed.

Cheers and here's to next year.

Campbell

Back