2009 Qld Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back Yard Brewer was looking at catching a flight to Cooly airport but i thought he would have more chance of getting a lift from brissy..
didn't relise you were coming from the Gold Coast Pat...
Not sure if he has booked his flights yet or not..

Perhaps BYB can PM you and work something out? or vica verca?

Sqyre.. ;)

Done that early hours this morning.

BYB

BackYardBrewer flies in to Coolongatta

old_airplane_106.jpg

that looks... alittle... high tech doesn't it where's the GIANT rubber band?

$6.99 a kg is the price i was quoted for about 25 kg spare ribs at zone fresh where i used to work.

OK,

Things seem to be coming together, with a little help from the wild west (Pat) and a little Qld hospitality I should be able to bum rides from Brissy airport and then back to Cooly. I like being organised when traveling to far places so this backpacking experience could be interesting. Have never really winged it like this before :(

Back Yard Brewer

$6.99 a kg is the price i was quoted for about 25 kg spare ribs at zone fresh where i used to work.

Top Stuff scoundrelrogue!!!! :super:
Thats the kinda price i was hoping for...

How long can you get them at the price?... might be worth investing in some now..
Hell i might even get some for myself.... :icon_cheers:

They are the American style spare ribs arn't they?? Not the usual sliced small things most butchers stock...?
It suprising how many Butchers dont even know what they are when you ring around...

Sqyre... :icon_cheers:

OK,

Things seem to be coming together, with a little help from the wild west (Pat) and a little Qld hospitality I should be able to bum rides from Brissy airport and then back to Cooly. I like being organised when traveling to far places so this backpacking experience could be interesting. Have never really winged it like this before :(

Back Yard Brewer

Dont worry mate, we wil look after ya...
You will get here fine... and home again.. probably not quite as fine as you came though... :icon_drunk:

Sqyre

That is a freakin awesome price - used to get ribs for that at Chinatown Mall in the valley 10 years ago before
'American cut ribs' suddenly became popular. Great in the weber.

yep there the american pork ribs, the only reason i got that price is because they were pissed off with head office for getting rid of me (they replaced me with a 15 yr old dropout who knew **** all about anything) ill be heading in to see them any way tomorrow on my way back from town before i hit the LHBS. need to catch up with one of the brewers there any way.

I dropped in at the discount Butcher up at Caboolture yesterday and he wanted $12.00kg for the pig. I told him we had a quote for around $8 and he said he couldn't even buy it that cheap.

He made the suggestion though of a few pork legs or loin. Be easier to get them for around the $6.00 - $7.00 kg and less waste.

All this talk of pork is making me feel... well... let just say I'll be giving SWMBO a tap on the shoulder tonight! :icon_chickcheers:

Well, we do have little humour left in Blighty ATM.

But I got the tap joke (maybe it's my age - the missus would call that a 'dad' joke) - maybe I should be your straight man...

Yes we do but it's the mutton that gets us going.

IGA regularly have pork legs on special for as low as $5 a kilo. If Sqyre has a chest freezer ?

...But I got the tap joke (maybe it's my age - the missus would call that a 'dad' joke)...

sure you did... snicker...snicker...

What happened ever happened to clever british humour? Seems more slap stick Americana these days.

Wow!!! Fantastic price - Can we start a bulk buy thread, I'd take 5kg. :icon_drool2:

Cheers Ross

Wow!!! Fantastic price - Can we start a bulk buy thread, I'd take 5kg. :icon_drool2:

Cheers Ross

+1
100kg the cut-off point?

yep there the american pork ribs, the only reason i got that price is because they were pissed off with head office for getting rid of me (they replaced me with a 15 yr old dropout who knew **** all about anything) ill be heading in to see them any way tomorrow on my way back from town before i hit the LHBS. need to catch up with one of the brewers there any way.

Sounds good Mate!!!
I assume they come in boxes of 10kg or something?? I used to buy frozen 10kg boxes of ribs years ago.. back when they were like $2 a kilo..
and find out how much you can get..
Might be worth stocking up now for the swap...at that price i reckon maybe 40kg's for the swap that gives us approx 20kg meat... although i may need to build another smoker before then.. :unsure:

and like Ross said a Bulkbuy might be the go too... I know i'd be happy to take 20kg's for myself..

Lets us know how you go SR..

Cheers Brucey.. :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back