2009 Qld Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Sully and CB, :super:
hopefully you guys can find some cheaper Pork...

Sqyre...

wow have been away from the site for a little while.

mmm cheap pork good idea.

wow have been away from the site for a little while.

mmm cheap pork good idea.

Cheaper Prime Pork..
Preferably not the stuff with the green tinge... :icon_vomit:

Sqyre... <_<

yeah thats reserved for a special occasion like chappos toilet.

speaking of cheap pork........I spent a couple of hundred dollars 2 years ago on sausage making gear. pork shoulder was av. $1.99 kg.
Now it`s cheaper to buy good snags than to make em :(

stagga.

oh that'd be cool to do for a day or so. i only have an ancient mincer which i have yet to use

Seeing as though no-one has actually committed to picking BYB up from the airport atm, I may as well put my hand up to him a fellow Adelaide Hills/Barossa boy through to the swap. I'll PM both Sqyre and BYB to make sure that other arrangements haven't been made already, and that BYB is still making the big journey up from the old town...

I have also decided what my brew for the swap will be - Powderkeg Ginger Beer! Ohhh yyyeeeaaaahhhhh! :icon_drool2: :beerbang:

(snip)
I have also decided what my brew for the swap will be - Powderkeg Ginger Beer! Ohhh yyyeeeaaaahhhhh! :icon_drool2: :beerbang:

Hey, nice! :icon_cheers:
Looks like my entry will be the Triple from my brewday on the 26th (or that lethal dark Xmas ale).

Firstly... i'm gunna have to work out what the cover charge is...
I'm thinking $30 this year as i know i wont be able to get a Pig as cheap as last year...They have like doubled in price..
I got last years 35kg whole pig for $5.85 a kg... and the Butcher lost like 50c a kg because he didnt read his Pork chart properly.. "Quotes a Quote"

The last few years we have almost broken even with $25..if it wasn't Vet bills for the Chooks and Goats.. (thats you Sean)

Lets make it $30 this year and will invest it into the usuall requirements of Nibblies, Pig, Seafood and Breakfast...and shit Paper...
Unfortunatly i only have 1 spit... but i hope to have mastered my Yank-style Woodfired Slow Cooker by then..

All in favor say "eye"... especially you Campbell...

Sqyre...

P.s.- if there are any Hog farmers out there that have a spare 35kg suckling Pig they can sell me cheap.. PM me...
(i'd love to see that riding shotgun on the trip here.. )

Bruce,

I'll do some hunting for a better bargain. I've rang Big Gun at Underwood they could do a whole pig for $6.99kg a pig is roughly 30kg so about $210 and the ribs baby backs @ $14.99kg so $449. So in total works out to be $14.02 per head if we have 47 show up. The rest could easily be catered for the remaining $16 per head.

Chap Chap

Hey Guys,

Just got some prices from one of my Suppliers and they can do Whole Suckling Pig(25-30kg) for $13.60kg and USA Pork Back Ribs for $14.20kg.... ;)

Just be aware that a Suckling :icon_drool2: is a little different to a porker.....

Ill make some other enquiries also...

:icon_cheers: CB

Seeing as though no-one has actually committed to picking BYB up from the airport atm, I may as well put my hand up to him a fellow Adelaide Hills/Barossa boy through to the swap. I'll PM both Sqyre and BYB to make sure that other arrangements haven't been made already, and that BYB is still making the big journey up from the old town...

PM SENT.

BYB

Hey Guys,

Just got some prices from one of my Suppliers and they can do Whole Suckling Pig(25-30kg) for $13.60kg and USA Pork Back Ribs for $14.20kg.... ;)

Just be aware that a Suckling :icon_drool2: is a little different to a porker.....

Ill make some other enquiries also...

:icon_cheers: CB

I'm not 100% sure what the difference is between a suckling and a porker but most years i have been able to carve the pig with a spoon..(seriously)
unless it tastes different... i cant see us getting much Bang for our Buck..
But thanks for chasing it up CB...

I asked the local butcher about a 30-35kg spit pig and he (once bitten twice shy) said about $8 per kg...But i'm sure he can find a better price..
Plus i want to keep it fairly local for easy pick up... I will see if i can start a price war with local Butchers and maybe give the abatoirs down the road a call...
I think the Baby Back Ribs are gunna be the biggest pain in the arse... Big Dollars for 50% bone...
Might just have to keep an eye out for something else we can chuck in the smoker...

Sqyre... ;)

Hey, nice! :icon_cheers:
Looks like my entry will be the Triple from my brewday on the 26th (or that lethal dark Xmas ale).

I'm looking forward to this Xmas Christmas Case to dump all my unwanteds into the one keg for you all to guzzle when you're too pissed to realise what crap you're drinking.
I've been saving the sad results of my experiemential brews for months in the chance that I would be able to rock up to Brucies to clean up the environment in a non toxic way & now I can. :super:
See you in November suckers especially you Stu. Who says i need a shotgun? :lol:
I reckon I'll be able to count the Born And Breds on the fingers of one hand more's the pity. :(

TP

ill give the butchers where i used to work a call tomorrow about the ribs, about how many kilos are you after? the more i order the cheaper it'll be i suspect.

Screwtop: The rook rang me today and told me of your woes. I can't believe we are travelling all these miles and you won't be there. HTFU! Seriously though, we're thinking of you :icon_cheers: Take it easy eh?

TidalPete: Shit, that is the longest post I have seen from you Pete! As for cleaning up the environment in a non-toxic way, I hope you know that you have been banned from sleeping inside the Sqyre's house. In fact, I think a 10 metre AFO (Anti-Farting-Order) has been put out on you :D

Lifts from the Gold Coast: I'll be giving the rook a lift from the Gold Coast. If anyone else needs one, let me know.

Sleeping Arrangements: The rook asked me about sleeping arrangements and I couldn't give him an answer. I always sleep in the van or with Mrs Sqyre. I won't have the van this year so God bless Mrs Sqyre!

Anyone got a pillow, a sleeping bag or a wife for the rook? What should he do???

Lifts from the Gold Coast: I'll be giving the rook a lift from the Gold Coast. If anyone else needs one, let me know.

Back Yard Brewer was looking at catching a flight to Cooly airport but i thought he would have more chance of getting a lift from brissy..
didn't relise you were coming from the Gold Coast Pat...
Not sure if he has booked his flights yet or not..

Perhaps BYB can PM you and work something out? or vica verca?

Sqyre.. ;)

I'm looking for somewhere to park my junk :ph34r:

Perfect, Chappo backs onto the river
JunkStarboard5.jpg

Sqyre,

I have been in touch with my Butcher mate and the he can get a Pig for about $8.00/kg for a 30kg'er, the short of it is he is a small butcher and cannot get the same pricing as the wholesalers. Baby Back Ribs he will do for $13.50 a kg which is wholesale price he sells to the Pizza Shops. He mentioned try Warburtons Meats at Carseldine.

Warburtons' Discount Family Butchers
41 Graham Rd
Carseldine QLD 4034
(07) 3263 5992‎

:icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back