2009 Nsw Xmas In July Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well mine went down last night, better late than never though.

Looks like I'll be bottling the night before the swap.

What other sorta food do people want? Perhaps some kebabs?

Brewing wise, I have no equipment, but if somebody has a recipe sorted I'd happily purchace some ingredients in return for some wort.

Cheers Jason.

LOVE KEBABS .. well, meat in general.

Brewing wise, I have no equipment, but if somebody has a recipe sorted I'd happily purchace some ingredients in return for some wort.

Cheers Jason.

Cheers Jason, but easier if I bring up the ingredients - two bulk buys and really I got more grains & hops than is healthy :icon_drunk: Don't forget this is an official Australia Big Brewing Day Event, so a couple of gold coins in the tin is welcome.

Anyone have any special ideas for a recipe ? Otherwise a bog standard altbier / EPA / APA sounds easiest.

40% Munich malt 40% pilsner 10% wheat 10% crystals, noble or american hops .. say 30IBUs. You ferment either with an ale or lager. Easy drinker. Any improvements ?

We'll let you and a few other "noobies" do the brewing and take home the wort whilst us old farts drink beer and bullshit a lot !

Cheers Jason, but easier if I bring up the ingredients - two bulk buys and really I got more grains & hops than is healthy :icon_drunk: Don't forget this is an official Australia Big Brewing Day Event, so a couple of gold coins in the tin is welcome.

Anyone have any special ideas for a recipe ? Otherwise a bog standard altbier / EPA / APA sounds easiest.

40% Munich malt 40% pilsner 10% wheat 10% crystals, noble or american hops .. say 30IBUs. You ferment either with an ale or lager. Easy drinker. Any improvements ?

We'll let you and a few other "noobies" do the brewing and take home the wort whilst us old farts drink beer and bullshit a lot !

APA to about 1.045 sounds good, what kind of hops have you got?

Cheers Jason.

Those chicken kebabs always go down well!!

Well mine went down last night, better late than never though.

Looks like I'll be bottling the night before the swap.

Brewed mine yesterday, and will pitch tonight. Looks like I'll be bottling on the morning of the swap!

APA to about 1.045 sounds good, what kind of hops have you got?

500g of Tettnanger ! 250g of Cascade and EKG. Mobs of other types . Your house, your choice. Noble Hops, Americans or English hops ? Good grain base there to take a far bit of hops - could take up to 50/60IBU easily too !

Actually, with no chill, we could add a base bittering hop and let anyone taking home a cube to add their own aroma hops !

500g of Tettnanger ! 250g of Cascade and EKG. Mobs of other types . Your house, your choice. Noble Hops, Americans or English hops ? Good grain base there to take a far bit of hops - could take up to 50/60IBU easily too !

Actually, with no chill, we could add a base bittering hop and let anyone taking home a cube to add their own aroma hops !

Or everyone could test the various cube additions as a 20min flavour additions? And then dry hop :)

I am happy that my kettle is going to be used for a Big Brew day event. I also suggest that any non-mashing brewers have to take the wort to ferment and also play a part in the brewing.

how many cubes we looking at? do we need more gear??

i'll be doing a drive by, sorry guys.

Have mine all bottles and conditioned though and ready to drink.

Eating

Troy ... 1.5 kg Snags
barls... 1.5 kg rissoles/hamburgers
andrew.gaul... 1.5 kg sandwich steaks
Barls... 1 kg onions - cut up
Insight 1 x Salad - Spinach, Roast Pumpkin & Feta
Gulpa.. 1 x Salad - Spud
Bizier.. 1 x Salad - other (ha.. other)
Grantw...... 2 x loaves bread
Grantw...... 2 dozen bread rolls
FGZ.......... 1 x Bottle BBQ & Tomato Sauce
FGZ.......... Glassware
FGZ.......... Paper plates & plastic cutlery
plenty of all three left over from last swap !

Brewing

Troy ... 1 x gas bottle (4.5kg) - It's still pretty full, happy to bring it along
.......... ?? kg of Grain
FGZ.......... ?? grams of Hops (got way too much of the stuff)
I was thinking of a BIAB as never done one .. your garage still good for that Ret ? I've a proper BIAB bag. Reckon the new boys like Troy can take home the wort.
im happy to brew as well. if you need any gear ive got a few things like 55L mash tun,urn and 70L pot
Bizier........ Brining 100L pot with pickup & valve + spiral & reg + large BIAB bag.

how many cubes we looking at?

Barls ...I've got a few things like 55L mash tun,urn and 70L pot

Bizier........ Bringing 100L pot with pickup & valve + spiral & reg + large BIAB bag.

Retsamhsam... what you got there again ??

If we have three units working, that will mean around 200 litres or so .. that will mean everyone who attends gets a cube's worth (remembering not all swappers will be there) plus a couple to spare.

If the equipment guys need gas bottles or anything else, put it down.

I've got a BIAB bag and a shiny stainless mash paddle I can bring too ! Plus an electric urn (40l) or a keg / boiler with electric element.

Barls ...I've got a few things like 55L mash tun,urn and 70L pot

Bizier........ Bringing 100L pot with pickup & valve + spiral & reg + large BIAB bag.

Retsamhsam... 55L Esky/Tun & 60L HLT/Boiler

If we have three units working, that will mean around 200 litres or so .. that will mean everyone who attends gets a cube's worth (remembering not all swappers will be there) plus a couple to spare.

I've got a BIAB bag and a shiny stainless mash paddle I can bring too ! Plus an electric urn (40l) or a keg / boiler with electric element.

Rets - I only have one gas bottle which will probably be put to use on the rambo burner, so we will need at least one extra gas bottle for the barbeque.

Hops: Cascade would be good it has been a while since I have used it exclusively. Do you (or anyone else) have any NZ hops that we could possibly try?

Fatz - If we are looking at brewing 200L are you still happy to supply all of the grain, or should we split this up??

Rets - I only have one gas bottle which will probably be put to use on the rambo burner, so we will need at least one extra gas bottle for the barbeque.

Hops: Cascade would be good it has been a while since I have used it exclusively. Do you (or anyone else) have any NZ hops that we could possibly try?

Fatz - If we are looking at brewing 200L are you still happy to supply all of the grain, or should we split this up??

I was fine on the grain till it morphed from 50l to about 200l. May need to do something about this .....

Figure 200 litres is about 30-40 kg of grain depending on efficiencies ! I'll supply 15kg of grain (Munich & Pilsner) which will do me a a favour & get rid of my "aged" grain and everyone else organise to bring other grain & crystal.

Same with hops - got some "old" cascade I'm happy to rid myself of (200g). You guys can supply the rest.

Not being overly generous here- just badly overstocked so need to de stock so I can brew something different !

So Barls - 60 litres of what ? Bizier - 90litres of what ? Ret - 50l of IPA (?)

Hi FGZ, Rets,

Cross my name of the list for a cube. Not sure I can manage it at this stage.

cheers
Andrew.

Hi FGZ, Rets,

Cross my name of the list for a cube. Not sure I can manage it at this stage.

cheers
Andrew.

+1, I've got a bad case of fermentation block at the moment so don't have the capacity.

Am still happy to hang around drink beer and talk shit all day however.

cheers

grant

Barls ...I've got a few things like 55L mash tun,urn and 70L pot also have a spiral burner and spare gas bottle.

all we need is a recipe and then we can start to figure out what everyone has and can bring

Barls ...I've got a few things like 55L mash tun,urn and 70L pot also have a spiral burner and spare gas bottle.

all we need is a recipe and then we can start to figure out what everyone has and can bring

Raining on the parade here, I am not sure I can manage a cube either.

I would also not count on 90L from a 100L kettle, especially with BIAB...

I was happy to let any newer brewers play and get some sweet sweet wort. Jason, this means you. I will just roll with whatever people want to brew.

How about an American Brown Ale?

Back