2009 Nsw Xmas In July Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
have fun boys, get sideways and take photos! :chug:

Will have fun, sadly most of us have a long drive home so won't drink too much and we are ugly ..but we'll post some photos of the brewing, to be sure, to be sure.Tah Fents :beerbang:

Upgrade the wiki boys !

A - G , still right to get that sack of grain off Pollux ?

A - G , still right to get that sack of grain off Pollux ?

Hmmm... He may have already picked it up.

I was there the other day and didn't see any sad sacks laying around...

Bizier

These crack scales, what is the maximum weight you can measure?

Getting close now !!!!!

Troy ... 1.5 kg Snags
Syd_03... Kebabs, chicken and beef.
barls... 1.5 kg rissoles/hamburgers
andrew.gaul... 1.5 kg sandwich steaks
Barls... 1 kg onions - cut up
Insight 1 x Salad - Spinach, Roast Pumpkin & Feta
Gulpa.. 1 x Salad - Spud
Bizier.. 1 x Salad - other (ha.. other)
Grantw...... 2 x loaves bread
Grantw...... 2 dozen bread rolls
FGZ.......... 1 x Bottle BBQ & Tomato Sauce
FGZ.......... Glassware
FGZ.......... Paper plates & plastic cutlery
plenty of all three left over from last swap !

Brewing

Troy ... 1 x gas bottle (4.5kg) - It's still pretty full, happy to bring it along

Barls ...I've got a few things like 55L mash tun,urn and 70L pot

Bizier........ Bringing 100L pot with pickup & valve + spiral & reg + large BIAB bag.

Retsamhsam... 55L Esky/Tun & 60L HLT/Boiler

I'll bring a fair bit of grains up - if people bring some along too we'll work out the recipes on the day (too hard to do in advance). Same with hops - will bring a mob of cascade and tettnanger.

Don't panic on how much we brew - sounds like everyone who brings a cube can get some home.

Address: 12 Rebecca Street, Colyton.

What if I dont have a cube, I forgot to buy one this week. I can get one tomorrow morning on the way. Do they need to be soaked or cleaned much to remove the plastic smell?

I also have Gruntus' beers for the swap.

Ill be there for 11. Im bringing Muggus beer as well. Probably not stay all arvo as I dont have a driver.

Cheers
Andrew.
Many thanks once again Andrew! :icon_cheers:

I chucked in an extra 3 longies of random beers, well pale ales, that people are welcome to drink or side-swap with. They're labeled, but i'll write them up on the Wiki.

Have a great day anyway lads! Looking forward to sampling some more tasty beverages!

Troy ... 1.5 kg Snags
Syd_03... Kebabs, chicken and beef.
barls... 1.5 kg rissoles/hamburgers
andrew.gaul... 1.5 kg sandwich steaks
Barls... 1 kg onions - cut up
Insight 1 x Salad - Spinach, Roast Pumpkin & Feta
Gulpa.. 1 x Salad - Spud
Bizier.. 1 x Salad - other (ha.. other)
Grantw...... 2 x loaves bread
Grantw...... 2 dozen bread rolls
FGZ.......... 1 x Bottle BBQ & Tomato Sauce
FGZ.......... Glassware
FGZ.......... Paper plates & plastic cutlery
plenty of all three left over from last swap !

Brewing

Troy ... 1 x gas bottle (4.5kg) - It's still pretty full, happy to bring it along

Barls ...I've got a few things like 55L mash tun,urn and 70L pot

Bizier........ Bringing 100L pot with pickup & valve + spiral & reg + large BIAB bag. +2kg scales +300g "hop" scales.

Retsamhsam... 55L Esky/Tun & 60L HLT/Boiler

I'll bring a fair bit of grains up - if people bring some along too we'll work out the recipes on the day (too hard to do in advance). Same with hops - will bring a mob of cascade and tettnanger.

Don't panic on how much we brew - sounds like everyone who brings a cube can get some home.

Was expecting the hops to arrive today but they did not...

I thought I would post my phone number in case anyone gets lost etc.

Phone Number: 0410317716

What if I dont have a cube, I forgot to buy one this week. I can get one tomorrow morning on the way. Do they need to be soaked or cleaned much to remove the plastic smell?

Just bumping to know if I should get one and give it a quick clean at Damiens or not bother.

You could always swing past a HBS that sells fresh wort kits and see if they have any extras lying around.

I picked up a fair few at $2 a pop

I have a fair few chairs as well, so there shouldn't be any need to bring chairs along with you.

ED: My larger scales are 5kg for the record, not 2.

Hey Rets, do you have spare besser blocks or bricks by any chance? I only just thought that I need to raise the system up off the ground somehow.

Had one of my swap beers tonight. Wiki updated. Im quite happy, nice citrus US hops. You can probably drink it now but it still needs a few weeks to finish carb and to balance.

Regards
Andrew.

ED: My larger scales are 5kg for the record, not 2.

Hey Rets, do you have spare besser blocks or bricks by any chance? I only just thought that I need to raise the system up off the ground somehow.
yeah mate plenty of bricks.. barls just pm'd me and asked the same question ;)

Well of to bed, catch you guys all tomorrow.

Finally got around to bottling my swap beer at around 1130 tonight((well last night now), just finished restoring the kitchen to it's former self after it looked like a bomb had hit it.

Had a taster from the fermenter and I am quite happy with the result, hoping it carbs up and condittions how I would like it to.

Hope you guys all enjoy it in around 4 weeks time.

Thanks everyone for a marvellous day, especially to Damo for being a ripper host. Cheers guys. I look forward to hearing how the cubes go... especially Fats' Simco Altbier.

My thanks must also go to all the guys for letting me witness and participate in the two different styles of AG brewing.
And also to Damien for hosting and cooking the BBQ.

Glad the missus drove me; I got to indulge in some fantastic beers, although I got home and fell asleep on the lounge at around 730 for a two hour snooze.

Hope everyone enjoyed the day as much as I did and enjoyed my beers as much as I enjoyed theirs. Some guys did some cracker jobs on the salads it must be said (although I heard a rumour that one of the guys had his wife prepare his:p).

Thanks for the wort too guys, I'll update on the progress of the fermentations soon.
Looking forward to the tasting of the swap beers now.

Cheers Jason.

Yes a top day, thanks to Damien for hosting. Great to catch up with you all.

cheers

grant

had a ball there mate. thanks for having us all.

Back