2009 Nsw Xmas In July Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys.....All is well on the baby/wife front.....hope you all have a great day.

How many longies are needed.....if its less than 24 then I might use my TTL....Gruntus Landlordian.

21 names down so 21 official in the swap.

Side bar swaps strictly between attending members or unless organised prior to the swap (particularly for non attending swappers).

The TTL sounds like its in Grant !

IF YOU ARE NOT GOING GO TO WIKI AND PUT DOWN THE NAME OF THE PERSON BRINGING YOUR BEER !!!

This will help us on the day if someone is late .. we'll know who'se bringing what !

Getting close now !!!!!

Troy ... 1.5 kg Snags
barls... 1.5 kg rissoles/hamburgers
andrew.gaul... 1.5 kg sandwich steaks
Barls... 1 kg onions - cut up
Insight 1 x Salad - Spinach, Roast Pumpkin & Feta
Gulpa.. 1 x Salad - Spud
Bizier.. 1 x Salad - other (ha.. other)
Grantw...... 2 x loaves bread
Grantw...... 2 dozen bread rolls
FGZ.......... 1 x Bottle BBQ & Tomato Sauce
FGZ.......... Glassware
FGZ.......... Paper plates & plastic cutlery
plenty of all three left over from last swap !

Brewing

Troy ... 1 x gas bottle (4.5kg) - It's still pretty full, happy to bring it along

Barls ...I've got a few things like 55L mash tun,urn and 70L pot

Bizier........ Bringing 100L pot with pickup & valve + spiral & reg + large BIAB bag.

Retsamhsam... 55L Esky/Tun & 60L HLT/Boiler

I'll bring a fair bit of grains up - if people bring some along too we'll work out the recipes on the day (too hard to do in advance). Same with hops - will bring a mob of cascade and tettnanger.

Don't panic on how much we brew - sounds like everyone who brings a cube can get some home.

Address needed.

Hi Guys,

Are we sticking with the itinerary quoted before with people arriving from 11am onwards?

FGZ - Are you going to crack your grain or do you want to do it at my place? Just thinking, if you are planning on cracking before hand it might be a good idea to set the recipe before the day. Have we got an idea of how many litres we are going to pump out??

I took delivery of the first case last night and another will arrive tonight.. so it sure is getting close.

Address: 12 Rebecca Street, Colyton

21 names down so 21 official in the swap.
Sounds good. I've got 28 bottles so I'll have a few left over for myself.

Side bar swaps strictly between attending members or unless organised prior to the swap (particularly for non attending swappers).
I've got a few bottles each of California Common and Ordinary Bitter that I wouldn't mind swapping.

I am dropping my beers off at Rets place tonight.

Hi Guys,

Are we sticking with the itinerary quoted before with people arriving from 11am onwards?

FGZ - Are you going to crack your grain or do you want to do it at my place? Just thinking, if you are planning on cracking before hand it might be a good idea to set the recipe before the day. Have we got an idea of how many litres we are going to pump out??

I took delivery of the first case last night and another will arrive tonight.. so it sure is getting close.

Address: 12 Rebecca Street, Colyton

Crack grain at your place that way we can make up a recipe on the spot. You got a motorised mill or we using manpower ? Do you need my barley crusher (with hand crank ?)

Unless it doesn't suityou or family, 11.00am onwards sounds okay.

Crack grain at your place that way we can make up a recipe on the spot. You got a motorised mill or we using manpower ? Do you need my barley crusher (with hand crank ?)

Unless it doesn't suityou or family, 11.00am onwards sounds okay.

My mill is motorised but will need someone to hold the drill <_< I have a fair bit of grain on hand aswell if we are short on anything. Does anyone have any Pacific Jade or Galaxy hops they can bring along? I am keen to try one of the two...

11am start sound good.

I placed an order today for some hops, so we will have sticklebract, pacific jade, motueka, and nz cascade!
I just remembered today that my scales died on me last weekend, so if someone has a set they can bring along it would certainly help..

How are you off for seating Rets? Should we each bring a folding chair?

cheers

grant

Getting close now !!!!!

Troy ... 1.5 kg Snags
barls... 1.5 kg rissoles/hamburgers
andrew.gaul... 1.5 kg sandwich steaks
Barls... 1 kg onions - cut up
Insight 1 x Salad - Spinach, Roast Pumpkin & Feta
Gulpa.. 1 x Salad - Spud
Bizier.. 1 x Salad - other (ha.. other)
Grantw...... 2 x loaves bread
Grantw...... 2 dozen bread rolls
FGZ.......... 1 x Bottle BBQ & Tomato Sauce
FGZ.......... Glassware
FGZ.......... Paper plates & plastic cutlery
plenty of all three left over from last swap !

Brewing

Troy ... 1 x gas bottle (4.5kg) - It's still pretty full, happy to bring it along

Barls ...I've got a few things like 55L mash tun,urn and 70L pot

Bizier........ Bringing 100L pot with pickup & valve + spiral & reg + large BIAB bag.

Retsamhsam... 55L Esky/Tun & 60L HLT/Boiler

I'll bring a fair bit of grains up - if people bring some along too we'll work out the recipes on the day (too hard to do in advance). Same with hops - will bring a mob of cascade and tettnanger.

Don't panic on how much we brew - sounds like everyone who brings a cube can get some home.

Address needed.
just checking that i need my full set up, ie mash tun, 70L pot, urn, burner and gas bottle for the brew day. ive got a 5kg of pils malt that ill bring with me and ive also got stu's case.

just checking that i need my full set up, ie mash tun, 70L pot, urn, burner and gas bottle for the brew day. ive got a 5kg of pils malt that ill bring with me and ive also got stu's case.

If you got room in the car, bring it along ! Better to have too much gear and decided not to brew rather than not have it and feel pissed off ! One sleep to go !

ok ill pack up what i can then

Insight's bringing my case along (Thanks Ben.) I'll have 28 longies of American Brown, so if anybody wants a swap on the side, I'll leave it to their discretion.

Last minute acceptance of the fact that I am part of a soccer team has forced me to bow out for the day. :(

FGZ will be bringing my case up on his epic journey. (thanks again FGZ)

Have a top day guys. :party:

Ill be there for 11. Im bringing Muggus beer as well. Probably not stay all arvo as I dont have a driver.

Cheers
Andrew.

wiki updated. Mines been brewed and sitting there around for a month or so now, its ready to drink whenever, but obviously a few days in the fridge to re-assemble the yeast cake would be best.

have fun boys, get sideways and take photos! :chug:

Back