2009 Nsw Xmas In July Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any preferences? If I do go IPA, it is going to be a 90min one this time.

Why settle for 90min when you could go 120min

120 Minute IPA

Too extreme to be called beer? Brewed to a colossal 45-degree plato, boiled for a full 2 hours while being continuously hopped with high-alpha American hops, then dry-hopped daily in the fermenter for a month & aged for nother month on whole-leaf hops!!! Our 120 Minute I.P.A. is by far the biggest I.P.A. ever brewed! At 20% abv and 120 ibus you can see why we call this beer THE HOLY GRAIL for hopheads!

Why settle for 90min when you could go 120min

I was just throwing it out there because people said that the last one was bitter, and it was basically all 30min and under.
I am considering using wet hop and an Australian spin an IPA.

Mate do you have a recipe for this or is it secret squirrel business?
it depends the basic version or the grain version im still tweeking.

ill share the recipe after i brew it, well one of them.
that settles that its the honey ginger beer for the swap.
any objections?????

any objections?????
Nope, looking forward to the recipe also.

I'm in. :icon_drunk:
No stouts or beers that need months to age this time, I promise.

DK

any objections?????

I guess since neither honey or ginger qualify as a fruit, I best keep mum on this subject .......... but I'll be watching you Barls :ph34r:

Better get moving on my brew .. probably a scottish ale ..

damn my front room is smelling gingery. ive got a double batch of my honey ginger bubbling away nicely

Damn AG Dark beer jinx. My porter is stuck at 1.030 and is resisting attempts to restart. Not happy.

Cheers
Andrew.

all my brew gear is currently getting a soaking in sodium percarb atm in prep for a batch tomorrow or thursday.

Jake the Muss is bubbling away ferociously as we speak, and smelling amazing, but i'm throwing up the idea of making a backup beer for the swap.
Perhaps an American Brown ale or hoppy red ale. Something with plenty of hops...

Jake the Muss is bubbling away ferociously as we speak, and smelling amazing, but i'm throwing up the idea of making a backup beer for the swap.
Perhaps an American Brown ale or hoppy red ale. Something with plenty of hops...

If not a backup beer, some for a side bar swap ?

I've got the kolsch down as a first serious case swap effort ..with a Caledonian Ale planned real soon for either me or you !

Im looking at a back-up now as well. 3rd attempt at rousing my US Porter failed last night. Ill pitch some more yeast tonight in my final attempt to get this going again.

Plenty of time for a backup. For some reason I was thinking the swap was the end of june not end of july. Something simple but tasty. Not dark.

cheers
Andrew.

Fermentation proceeding apace down here Gulpa, checked the golden strong just now and it's sitting at 1008. Sample tasting fine :icon_drunk:
cheers

grant

Fermentation proceeding apace down here Gulpa, checked the golden strong just now and it's sitting at 1008. Sample tasting fine :icon_drunk:
cheers

grant

Looking forward to trying yours, Grant. Just make sure there is enough left to swap :icon_cheers: .

Cheers
Andrew.

I have the house to myself on the long weekend, so I'll be brewing away feverishly.

I've got a Dr Smurto's Golden sitting in a cube waiting to go, but I've also got a couple of empty kegs. I think Saturday will be a three brew day, after a visit to the LHBS for some more supplies :)

I've totally changed my mind with my swap beer.
Because i'm so happy with how the brewing went on Saturday, i'm submitting Imonab Oat Brown Ale.
American-style brown ale brewed with home-baked wheat and oats, and plenty of NZ hops. Something a bit different from an IPA, but still plenty hoppy.

I've totally changed my mind with my swap beer.
Because i'm so happy with how the brewing went on Saturday, i'm submitting Imonab Oat Brown Ale.
American-style brown ale brewed with home-baked wheat and oats, and plenty of NZ hops. Something a bit different from an IPA, but still plenty hoppy.

Sounds delicious Muggus, what was the process with the wheat and oats?

cheers

grant

Back