2009 Nsw Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah im the same but ill check today with fatz right after i give him back his esky

Did someone leave a plastic beer mug at my place? Says Octoberfest Canberra on it. I've also scored a cooler bag (looks like the blue ones from the supermarket).

And I have two case swaps here for people to pick up. I'm pretty sure it's Josh and Davelovesbeer. Give me a call to arrange pick up.

Cheers,
Thommo.

Did someone leave a plastic beer mug at my place? Says Octoberfest Canberra on it. I've also scored a cooler bag (looks like the blue ones from the supermarket).

And I have two case swaps here for people to pick up. I'm pretty sure it's Josh and Davelovesbeer. Give me a call to arrange pick up.

Cheers,
Thommo.
I'll pop round after work today if that's okay Thommo? Knock off around 4pm at Granville.

I suggested mid to late November to avoid the busy calendar that most people have in December. It also means that if we do the swap in November we should (hopefully), have drinkable case swap beers for Christmas!

My father has his own tour business and a 22 seater bus (and luggage trailer) that I'm sure I could convince him needs a weekend away - we'd have to chip in a bit for fuel and time, but I think I could convince him a weekend at Tuross Heads would be a good idea. If needs be he can also access a full coach (40+ seats), but that would be significantly more as the vehicle isn't his - but he is licensed to drive.

mmmmm, 40 seater bus.....Hope you got a bit of land there fatz.....

Boy, didn't I have fun explaining how I got so awesomely burnt while home sick with food poisoning....

mmmmm, 40 seater bus.....Hope you got a bit of land there fatz.....

Boy, didn't I have fun explaining how I got so awesomely burnt while home sick with food poisoning....

Imagine the explaining you would have had to do if the bottle bomb you were near had exploded upwards instead of outwards :blink: ..

Good point....

That said, the cap and neck did fly straight into my arse cheek, scared the shit out of me at the time.....

Kind of glad I was wearing jeans and not thin boardshorts after that....

Have a great day guys ... ...

Fatz , your right ,, you guys do need to do a better job at swaps... You have done your homework by coming along to ours ,now try and make yours as good, so we will want to attend ...

Cheeers

Looks like a road trip to Tuross Head in November is on the cards for the End Of The Decade Case Swap (though some people are thinking Xmas in July instead .. we'll decide lately).

Anyway looks good to me and something that will make Qld Xmas Case Swap look like a teddy bear's picnic ! I'll send you an invite Ned !

All mine Thommo, left it behind with the esky, the sauce bottles and the ice bricks. Keep'em all if you need them. Thought I was sober when I left too !

Got down safely to Wollongong for a session at the IBU Real Ale show - marvellous beers.! Live music .. fantastic. Back to inner Sydney for the ISB brew day at Crozdog's next day - wonderful event. Live music .. Samoan Gospel is never heard enough in my opinion ! Top blokes those ISBers for city dwellers.

Lucky all Highway Patrols were close to Homebush dealing with the car freaks. Had a nap at Goulburn and home at 8.30pm.

Time to leave the Silver Streak in the garage for a few weeks and concentrate on an overhaul of my brewing stuff, ready for 2010 brewing.

Thanks all for the beer friendship.

That said, the cap and neck did fly straight into my arse cheek, scared the shit out of me at the time.....
ssshhhhhhhhhh otherwise all those weak as water Queenslanders will think it justified that they use PET bottles in case swaps !

Im away at the moment but Mrs Gulpa has told me one bottles blew last night. She doesnt know which one so take care guys.

cheers
Andrew.

That's not what I wanted to hear.....

And Fatz, it was a sideswap bottle, so it doesn't count :p

Im away at the moment but Mrs Gulpa has told me one bottles blew last night. She doesnt know which one so take care guys.

cheers
Andrew.

Please let us know as soon as you do so appropriate measures can be taken.
Thanks for the heads up Andrew.

Cheers,
AG.

Sounds like a good day, sorry I missed it.

Yep, mine is still there to pick up thommo. I'll give you a call to arrange a time

I've surrounded the entire two crates with large pieces of thick chipboard from a now disused TV unit......Hopefully that holds, and if one does blow, hopefully it doesn't take out the rest.

Get number 18 (Hewy's Bo Pils) in the fridge guys.. It has just exploded on me..

Geee, how to carry a potential bomb from the garage to the fridge upstairs......

Reckon a plastic bucket with a lid would do the job?

Geez, sorry guys!

I CPBF'd the bottles so thought there was no way they would over carb. Also they have been in the bottle for quite some time and none blew at my house, I was hoping to avoid this very situation!

Hey Rets did the beer smell sour or anything? Maybe an infection in that bottle?!?!

:ph34r:

Latest posts

Back