2009 Nsw Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right, I'm going to throw this offer out....

I working Saturday morning so won't be able to get out the Castle Hill until at least 2pm....

As such I was intending to drop my beer of on Friday arvo and hope that someone could run it back this way (Inner West) on Saturday arvo...

Happy to load the Magna up with other's beer for the Friday trek if others in this area are going to have trouble attending....

Let me know.

I sent Thommo a pm to see about doing the same thing Pol...but I was hoping to pickup on Sunday.....I have got a few swaps that I am taking up there on behalf of other people.

Western Sydney Brewers are having a brewday on the 5th and I am going to be at that for the whole day (definetely won't be in the right mind to drive ha!)

I sent Thommo a pm to see about doing the same thing Pol...but I was hoping to pickup on Sunday.....I have got a few swaps that I am taking up there on behalf of other people.

Western Sydney Brewers are having a brewday on the 5th and I am going to be at that for the whole day (definetely won't be in the right mind to drive ha!)

Are any of the other western sydney brewers swapping?

Well after the disaster of batch #1 for the swap, #2 is looking a little better. It is meant to be an American style IPA, but I think it has fallen short of the mark.

If it is at least drinkable I'll be happy, as I said in the wiki, save it until late NYE, then it should taste just fine :icon_chickcheers:

im sorry guys i know that there was so much bitching about bottles not being ready to be drunk on the day of the swap last time, but im bottling today so its not going to be good to drink for at least a month. although it did taste really good out of the cube yesterday as its spent 3 months cold conditioning at 1 degree. oh i dont think ive told you all what it is, its a smoked schwartz beer. ive doubled the amount of smoke malt from the one last year and tripled the amount of time it was smoked.
cheers barls

im sorry guys i know that there was so much bitching about bottles not being ready to be drunk on the day of the swap last time, but im bottling today so its not going to be good to drink for at least a month. although it did taste really good out of the cube yesterday as its spent 3 months cold conditioning at 1 degree. oh i dont think ive told you all what it is, its a smoked schwartz beer. ive doubled the amount of smoke malt from the one last year and tripled the amount of time it was smoked.
cheers barls

I don't think the problem is beer not ready to be drunk on swap day, but with people bottling the night before. If you do that, you can't be certain that you are giving swappers a "good beer". I don't want to be a hypocrite or a hero - I have bottled swap beers real close to swap day - but only after rejecting previous swap entries as inferior. You know I'm laid back and easy going, but if you put your name down to a swap and leave the only effort to make your best two weeks prior to the swap, then I reckon you have let yourself down as much as letting down your mates. You are taking a risk and exposing yourself to critcism. As I always say - give us your best effort - making your only entry for the swap in the last weeks is not likely to be your best effort.

That said Barls, what you have done with your smoked swartz is what I did with my mid year swap - I bottled my kolsch two weeks before the swap after several months cold conditioning and given the cold winter, they were undercarbed on swap day. Those who cellared the brew were rewarded with what turned out an appreciated drop. I don't think you have much to apologise for except those ******* raspberry and ginger beers you make ! Smoked Swartz - at last Barls you are brewing real beers :rolleyes:

:icon_cheers:

See Fatz, you make such a better Nazi than myself. You appoint me Nazi and we all cop flak for being lacklustre. You can't hide from the fact that it is your destiny to be the Official Case Swap Nazi and brunt of fruit beer jokes.

See Fatz, you make such a better Nazi than myself. You appoint me Nazi and we all cop flak for being lacklustre. You can't hide from the fact that it is your destiny to be the Official Case Swap Nazi and brunt of fruit beer jokes.

Yes, very disappointed by your failure to step up to the mark Biz .. your silence was overwhelming ..though we haven't had a tough decision to make yet !

God save us from fruit beers ......... and lambics ............. and beer over 6% ......... ibus over 50 ............... lagers & pilsners..... anything else need ranting against ?

Catch ya next week at Thommos on Saturday and Crozdog's for those attending on Sunday !

And anyone in the Special Case Swap 2010 best have something brewed or seriously planned by now !

God save us from fruit beers ......... and lambics ............. and beer over 6% ......... ibus over 50 ............... lagers & pilsners..... anything else need ranting against ?
Geez Ian, you take this Nazi role too seriously! :p

fatz you have me wrong your getting a lychee amber everyone else is getting the schwarz.
btw i still have the pms from you saying how you liked them and wanted the recipe :D :p :p :p

what was the final number on this one??
i get 21 reading back

what was the final number on this one??
i get 21 reading back

Yep, it looks like 21 are in.

The wiki still needs a bit of info from some brewers in regards to the yeast, abv etc.

What time does Thommo want us there ??

fatz you have me wrong your getting a lychee amber everyone else is getting the schwarz.
btw i still have the pms from you saying how you liked them and wanted the recipe

and we rely on people like you to protect us !

Actually a lychee cream ale with green tea for bittering sounds an interesting experiment !

ANYONE who has put their name down but think they are in trouble to produce on Saturday, PM me. NOW. Cos if you don't - well, remember that scene in Gladiator when Clitorous Maximus (Andrew Denton) says - "On my signal, unleash hell " Self appointed Case Nazis are not noice.

and we rely on people like you to protect us !

Actually a lychee cream ale with green tea for bittering sounds an interesting experiment !
yeah they do, you should see the rest of them. :lol: :lol:
done ive got my next case swap beer now only to come up with a recipe.
dont laugh when i give you a bottle though.
ive actually got to admit something we had a casualty in my house. one of the bottles got knocked off the freezer and broke. all i could smell was smoked beer. its tragic i know.

ive actually got to admit something we had a casualty in my house. one of the bottles got knocked off the freezer and broke. all i could smell was smoked beer. its tragic i know.

Oh, the humanity ................................................................................

i know and it was your bottle as well fatz.

Latest posts

Back