2009 Nsw Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Done!

2 cubes no-chillin' on the balcony, a previous cube in the fermenter, bottles sourced, milk crates pinched.

It's a HoppyGoblin using WLP011 for the Xmas swap guys, hope its as good as the last batch that I made. Also brewed up an American IPA using Willamette hops cause they have been laying around, if its any good I'll bring a couple of bottles along.

Now its time for a beer!

Also brewed up an American IPA using Willamette hops cause they have been laying around, if its any good I'll bring a couple of bottles along.

Hmmm, I might need reminding what Willammette taste like again :icon_cheers:

I have mine fermenting along now after pitching Sunday. Man does 3068 kick off some sulphur at low temps. It is like a child that only eats eggs and has IBS is living in my fridge.

Brewed my Summer's Ale today. First brew in 3 months. Things seemed to go smoothly. Forgot to check the OG into the cube, so that will be a surprise tomorrow night when I pitch.

Come to think of it, I may not pitch till Friday cos tomorrow might be a write off after the Hawkesbury races. A mate owns a horse that is running. I won't tip you into it cos it won't win.

Wow fatz was right you guys really are boring... :ph34r:

Here's some camel toes to help...

1559.jpg

Wow fatz was right you guys really are boring... :ph34r:

Here's some camel toes to help...

1559.jpg

Gold,
I wasn't sure why i was clicking the link to the NSW Xmas Case swap, but i'm sure glad i did.

Well, it appears I have to work on the day (4am-midday) and will have the demon child with me come the afternoon..

I'm happy to run a collection of milk crates of longies from the inner west up to Thommo's on friday arvo and then swing back past on saturday arvo to collect the crates to return back to the Inner West.....

Just an offer for those who want to take part but are concerned about travelling/being available.

Got around to bottling my entry this week. Kind of left it a bit late, but it should be ready for drinking by the time of the swap.
Only problem was I only ended up with 27 longies of the stuff, and a couple of the last are a bit sedimentary. But that shouldn't be a problem with only 21 people in the swap right?

Mine still sitting in the cube in the keg fridge clearing....

I'll bottle it tomorrow, it won't be ready for drinking on the swap day, but it would probably benefit from a little aging anyways.

Well my entry is now floating out to sea. Out of the fermenter it tasted bad, really, really bad. I think it fermented too hot initially and from there it all went down hill.

Luckily I had a different batch cubed and waiting, so that got dumped into a different fermenter and pitched.

My entry will be bottled in time, just not ready for drinking for a couple of weeks.

If this batch doesn't turn out I'll either go hide in the hills or dump a FWK as a last resort - can't turn up to a swap with nothing to swap!

Mine is now bottled........Only problem is I only got 24 longnecks out of it.........Here's to hoping no-one else jumps on this swap in the next week or so...

Mine is now bottled........Only problem is I only got 24 longnecks out of it.........Here's to hoping no-one else jumps on this swap in the next week or so...
I think you'll be alright. Not much time to put down a brew and have it ready for the day anyway, so i'm sticking with the 24 decent bottles I have, and might bring some other beer as a sideswap/backup.

I will bottle mine tomorrow.

Crash chilling in this heat is bad news, my poor fermenting fridge is working up a sweat.

I think that my idea is a little half-cocked, hopefully the hops will integrate better after a couple of weeks in the bottle.

Is this kind of involvement/excitement standard for a NSW case swap? Seems like a dismal response to what I have seen...not very keen all-round.

Anyone got any ideas why?

Is this kind of involvement/excitement standard for a NSW case swap? Seems like a dismal response to what I have seen...not very keen all-round.

Anyone got any ideas why?
We did have a swap in Easter, which is not usual and probably tied a few folk up.
Previous years we've definately had more people keen. I recall 2 years ago I was one of many reserves for the Xmas swap and luckily scrapped in. Now it seems to be quite the opposite. I have a feeling these things might go in phases...especially with people being busy and a few of the Hunter folk tending to stay out of the swaps these days.

We did have a swap in Easter, which is not usual and probably tied a few folk up.
Previous years we've definately had more people keen. I recall 2 years ago I was one of many reserves for the Xmas swap and luckily scrapped in. Now it seems to be quite the opposite. I have a feeling these things might go in phases...especially with people being busy and a few of the Hunter folk tending to stay out of the swaps these days.

Last years xmas swap was terrific, lots of great beers and a terific swap day at Barls' place. There's also the special case swap next year which is why I'm not swapping for xmas - only have so much time.

cheers

grant

LAST CALL LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

If you want to brew a beer and enter the swap, get it down now ! If you have your name down and haven't an entry yet - last call !! If you haven't your name down but have a beer bottled and available, put your name down !

Anyone that wants in but can't make the swap, put your name down now ! I can collect from Canberra through to Macarthur if need be. The strength of these swaps is your involvement, so make a committment and reap the rewards.

The strength of these swaps is your involvement, so make a committment and reap the rewards.

So ture Fatz ,, just look at where you were a couple of weeks back ,, lots of involvement .. huge crowd and a good time had by all ...

Swaps are a great way to learn and get feedback , and to sample some great beers by other brewers .. With that comes enthusiasam to try brewing other styles and recipes ..

Get with it NSW brewers..

Cheers

I was brewing yesterday and remembered I still had the cube of English Pale(??) from the july swap day in the garage. So I chucked it in the fermenter along with some Aussie Ale yeast. Should make for an interesting combination, I will bring a few bottles of it along to the swap in december..

I submitted a bottle of this to the castle hill competition in the English Best Bitter catgory and it scored an 89, I haven't got the feedback yet but I suspect it didn't really fit the guidelines..

I think it would have scored higher as a kolsch

Latest posts

Back