2009 Nsw Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't remember what cube I took home but fermented with US 05 a couple of months ago and it was, shall we say, ordinary. I'll see what it tastes like tonight and hopefully age will improve it.

It must of been your special 'alt' ber

Checked the FG on the Brown Porter and it's ready to bottle. Tasting Rooly noice too (even if I do say so myself).

Bottling tomorrow or Sunday, depending on which day I go into the Australian and how much trouble I'm in from the wife.

Checked the FG on the Brown Porter and it's ready to bottle. Tasting Rooly noice too (even if I do say so myself).

Bottling tomorrow or Sunday, depending on which day I go into the Australian and how much trouble I'm in from the wife.
Crikey Thommo, you're one bloody organised bloke!
I've barely even given thought into what to brew. :(

Turning over a new leaf Muggus. This will be the first case swap I've been in where my beer is actually carbed in time for the swap. :chug:

Turning over a new leaf Muggus. This will be the first case swap I've been in where my beer is actually carbed in time for the swap. :chug:
Haha nice! You're setting an example for the rest to follow I reckon.

hi guys.......I'm a new member. with the 28 bottles, does it have to be from one batch? I have 3 batches in Primary fermentation (and almost ready for 2nd ferm) @ about 19L each. Could the extra bottles be from another batch? (assuming I have time off on that day). cheers and thanks!

hi guys.......I'm a new member. with the 28 bottles, does it have to be from one batch? I have 3 batches in Primary fermentation (and almost ready for 2nd ferm) @ about 19L each. Could the extra bottles be from another batch? (assuming I have time off on that day). cheers and thanks!

Yes no problems - has been done before. Just label the bottles so we know which brew was which and that will allow feedback to the brews to be identifiable and relevant. Welcome to the swap.

Is this just for all grain? As I am still only kit and extracts?

I've got half a keg of that is the result of the last swap, not sure which of FGZ's creations it was, but I'll gas it up and bring it along.

Guesss I better remove digit from posterior and get brewing, think I'll try my Hobgoblin type recipe again - the first one I had disappeared over the course of a camping weekend and I really wanted more...

Brewed my American hop burst today....

Cascade 70
Chinhook 35
Williamette 75
US Tettnang 70
Simcoe 35

Prepare for taste bud assault....

Bump.

Only 21 people??? That's shocking NSW!!!!!!!! VIC and QLD are powering along....where's the love??? hehe :)

Let's get those last 7 spots filled! Just over 4 weeks to go so plenty of time to get a brew on.

MM :icon_cheers:

+1.

I bet there are some lurkers who really want to give this a go. Please do. We dont care how you have made the beer (not like some of those other states) as long as the bottles are correctly primed. Generally, bottle bombs are frowned upon :lol:

Cheers
Andrew.

I remember when if you didnt get your name down on the day the swap opened, you missed out.

Bump.

Only 21 people??? That's shocking NSW!!!!!!!! VIC and QLD are powering along....where's the love??? hehe :)

Let's get those last 7 spots filled! Just over 4 weeks to go so plenty of time to get a brew on.

MM :icon_cheers:

I've got my entry audibly (and quite loudly so) bubbling away in the next year.
Some sort of English bitter hopped with Whitbread's Goldings. Never used them before, but it's smelling tasty! :icon_drool2:

I bet there are some lurkers who really want to give this a go. Please do. We dont care how you have made the beer (not like some of those other states) as long as the bottles are correctly primed. Generally, bottle bombs are frowned upon :lol:
Cheers
Andrew.
I remember when if you didnt get your name down on the day the swap opened, you missed out.

BUMP

1. Gulpa - Munich Dunkel, Wyeast 2633, 4.7%, Ready to drink
2. Bizier
3. Thommo - Brown Porter, Ready to drink on Swap Day
4. barls
5. Pollux
6. nifty - Some Sort of Bitter, Wyeast 1469, Brewed 3/11/2009
7. Retsamhsam
8. Fatgodzilla. Summer Lawn Mower Ale. Bottled 10 Nov 2009. Brewed to be slammed down on a stinking hot day.
9. Gruntus - Blondie - 18A (Belgian Strong Ale - Belgian Blond Ale) - 7.6% - Brewed 12/9/2009 - Bottled 27/9/2009
10. MaestroMatt
11. Troy Dack
12. WeaselEstate
13. Vitalstatistix
14. Josh
15. Syd_03
16. Muggus
17. Davelovesbeer
18. Hewy
19. Megs80
20. mrs eyres
21. Dave

Come on, where are you noobies from Sydney & surrounds ? Don't let fear hold you back .. have a go ya mugs ! Anyone wants in but can't make the swap and don't know anyone else on the list, contact me ! Will collect and deliver from the ACT if need be !

Do it, you know you want to !

Bump for the evening crowd - what FGZ said.

BUMP

1. Gulpa - Munich Dunkel, Wyeast 2633, 4.7%, Ready to drink
2. Bizier
3. Thommo - Brown Porter, Ready to drink on Swap Day
4. barls
5. Pollux
6. nifty - Some Sort of Bitter, Wyeast 1469, Brewed 3/11/2009
7. Retsamhsam
8. Fatgodzilla. Summer Lawn Mower Ale. Bottled 10 Nov 2009. Brewed to be slammed down on a stinking hot day.
9. Gruntus - Blondie - 18A (Belgian Strong Ale - Belgian Blond Ale) - 7.6% - Brewed 12/9/2009 - Bottled 27/9/2009
10. MaestroMatt
11. Troy Dack
12. WeaselEstate
13. Vitalstatistix
14. Josh
15. Syd_03
16. Muggus
17. Davelovesbeer
18. Hewy
19. Megs80
20. mrs eyres
21. Dave

Come on, where are you noobies from Sydney & surrounds ? Don't let fear hold you back .. have a go ya mugs ! Anyone wants in but can't make the swap and don't know anyone else on the list, contact me ! Will collect and deliver from the ACT if need be !

Do it, you know you want to !

Bit late getting one down for this swap, but tomorrow is brew day - a Remberance Ale maybe? Nah, it won't be good enough for that.

Either way, brew & cube tomorrow, pitch the next day, should be bottled just before swap day.

Speaking of which, anyone got any crown seal longies that they want to offload (will pay $$)? Given that December is starting to look like one long drinking session, draining a couple of cases of Coopers, whilst enjoyable and good training, probably won't help my waistline any.

And all those Sydney/NSW brewers that don't think their beer will cut the mustard, jump in and have a crack, you won't regret it - I don't, I've had some great beers out of the last two swaps.

Bit late getting one down for this swap, but tomorrow is brew day - a Remberance Ale maybe? Nah, it won't be good enough for that.

Either way, brew & cube tomorrow, pitch the next day, should be bottled just before swap day.

Speaking of which, anyone got any crown seal longies that they want to offload (will pay $$)? Given that December is starting to look like one long drinking session, draining a couple of cases of Coopers, whilst enjoyable and good training, probably won't help my waistline any.

And all those Sydney/NSW brewers that don't think their beer will cut the mustard, jump in and have a crack, you won't regret it - I don't, I've had some great beers out of the last two swaps.

Good on ya, Mate! Better late than never!

All those contemplating joining this swap but think that there is not enough time left.....THERE IS!!! BREW NOW TO AVOID DISSAPPOINTMENT!!! :)

Latest posts

Back