2008 Sa Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in Western suburbs, near Footy Park, and can pick them up for you if you like.
Thanks Adam. I'll be in touch closer to next weekend to arrange picking them up. :icon_cheers:

Steve

Hi All,

I have an Idea - since we are down to 22 swappers I propose the following.

We all bring at least 1 extra bottle to make up a spare case.
pick a time say 3.00pm or 1500hrs for military, defence, dsto etc personnel.
Those attending that are not AGers make themselves known- show of hands.
The spare case gets divided between them and shared out.

This way they get to take some great AG Beer home with them for Xmas.

Note; I do not want to be balmed for when they sucumb to "the power of the AG Side...for powerful it is....but remember....with great power comes greater responsibility..."

I'm down for this....but Boston also sugested a 'door prize' earlier in the thread....I have 23 longies, so my my calcs, that means I have 21 for the swap, 1 for the door prize (if it's done) and one for GMK's idea.....but my maths mojo has seriously left me the last fortnight ..... :lol:

Are we going ahead with the doorprize idea, GMK's giveaway idea, or both? Either one is beneficial to non AGers. Thoughts?

Are we going ahead with the doorprize idea, GMK's giveaway idea, or both? Either one is beneficial to non AGers. Thoughts?
I'll be bringing 24 bottles along since that fits nicely into the two boxes I've got. I'm happy to donate the spares for whatever is decided.

Are there any kit brewers (other than Kenny :lol: ) turning up?

Show of hands?

I am happy to add 1 to a door prize and 1 for any non swappers to taste on the day.

Are there any kit brewers (other than Kenny :lol: ) turning up?

Show of hands?

I am happy to add 1 to a door prize and 1 for any non swappers to taste on the day.

Very funny guys. :icon_offtopic:

I get BEST AG Beer at SABSOSA last year. Finish 1 point off Best Mash at this years SABSOSA and you guys are giving me Grief...

And my K&B does have some Grain in it...

However, as I still K&B when I don't have time to AG - i can't be an AMB member either..............

I am not too fussed which way we go, I have enough for both.
I'll be bringing 24 bottles along since that fits nicely into the two boxes I've got. I'm happy to donate the spares for whatever is decided.
I have 24 put away plus a couple of tasters and a NT stubbie full.
From the Wiki we are down to 21 swappers, so 20 bottles required to swap.

looks like im out of time my beer for the swap is rancid and infected time to retire the fermenter havent had an infection in years so i dint i hav the time to get this one going maybe i have a good one in july swap

Another one bites the dust......

I vote we still bring along the 24 beers that were needed for the additional numbers so people can taste the beers on the day as well as making up a box for either a door prize or something for those who are attending but aren't swapping.

It doesn't look like any kit brewers will be there so Wayne, no need to bring the torture initiation equipment and no need to save any beer to send them home with (Kenny, you dont count even if you do make kit beer more often than some would like)

I thought the "initiation" was a kit can and no lube? :ph34r:

My beer is now tasting pretty good so I'm definitely in!

I thought the "initiation" was a kit can and no lube? :ph34r:

My beer is now tasting pretty good so I'm definitely in!

Now taht would make a great MONTY PYTHON Skit... :icon_cheers:

Not sure where the bottle opener goes.

:ph34r:

If we are down to 20 swappers - I will bring 21 bottles - 2 spare... one for tasting and then we have one case of 19/20 to divvy up between the non swappers as a Xmas pressie.

Are we doing any tasting notes...

Personally - i dont like tasting notes being published on AHB...creates and makes it a bit like a competition/judging event instead of just good brewers swapping good beers with fellow brewers to enjoy the the taste and range of everyones efforts.

But it is up to you guys....

I was a tad abrupt with my opinions at the last one so will only pass on my comments via PM.

they will still be as brutally honest as thats the sort of feedback i am after.

I am not a beer judge tho so you wont get a BJCP sheet back!

Personally - i dont like tasting notes being published on AHB...creates and makes it a bit like a competition/judging event instead of just good brewers swapping good beers with fellow brewers to enjoy the the taste and range of everyones efforts.

But it is up to you guys....

Personally if the beer tatses like :icon_vomit: I want to know, via the forum flushes out those who can be over critical. I know mine will taste like........ thats why its not being swapped. Feedback via the forum is helpfull for others who have tried the same beer. Comparing everyones taste so to speak. Nothing wrong with a judging event IMHO. Good or bad brewing. But I will go with the status quo.

BYB

I'm all for public opinions, good and bad, like it or lump it - PM is all too cloak and dagger as far as I'm concerned.

It's all about the wording. And then the perception or interpretation of the wording :lol: And the fact that we can all learn from the fact that everyone has a different palate, and will 'get' different things from a beer.

Lets not start censoring each other, instead lets be comfortable sharing with each other in the knowledge that any criticism is meant to be constructive not hurtful/spiteful, and an opinion is just an opinion....after all.....you like the beer you are presenting, yes?

If I wasn't happy with the beer...... you guys would never get to see it :)

this will be my first decoction, and one of only a few lagers/pilsners i've brewed, so i'm after honest feedback as i'd find it particularly useful.

this will be my first decoction, and one of only a few lagers/pilsners i've brewed, so i'm after honest feedback as i'd find it particularly useful.

Finally read up on what decoction in Palmers "How To Brew" Seems like a bit of a head f**K. So yeah I to would want some reliable and honest feedback.

On another note I have been carefully releasing the pressure from my beer that "was" going to be in the case swap. This morning I opened a bottle that I had been chilling and all seems fine. That was one bottle though.Will bring others along just for tasting.

BYB

ESB.JPG

Latest posts

Back