2008 Sa Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm.

Seems i may have forgotten to enter the temp at which the bottles are being stored.

Out of habit i filled in my keg fridge temp of 9C when the bottles are actually sitting in the spare room at 20C.

SO what i thought was a nice gentle carbonation is now going to be 2.0 volumes.

Bugger.

Ahh good. Looks like I'm not the only one with a pommy beer primed with 5g/L to hit about 2.0vol.

BYB, don't tell me you got bombs :eek: ......is it salvageable at all?

Nup know just a feeling when I bottled it. I may decant and try to referment out. Dunno. Its wierd isnt it, when I was kit brewing I wouldnt have even thought about decanting but know that I AG........ MY PRECIOUS

BYB

gollum.jpg

Dunno. Its wierd isnt it, when I was kit brewing I wouldnt have even thought about decanting but know that I AG........ MY PRECIOUS
You know what you have to do - there's 22 other brewers relying on you. Do whatever it takes to get that beer to the swap!

Unless it's completely buggered, of course. :D

Unfortunately Rhenton has had to drop out as well so we are now down to 21 swappers, meaning we each only need 20 bottles.

I bottled 25 so will have the extras there for tasting on the day, particularly for those not in the swap.

If you could all bring along your extras it would allow the hangers on to taste our finely crafted wares. :chug:

15 days to go...... :party:

A bit premature of me but we are back up to 22 swappers.

Paul Steele is still in, i was far to quick to take him off the list. Apparently some people dont live on AHB! :lol:

Hi All,

I have an Idea - since we are down to 22 swappers I propose the following.

We all bring at least 1 extra bottle to make up a spare case.
pick a time say 3.00pm or 1500hrs for military, defence, dsto etc personnel.
Those attending that are not AGers make themselves known- show of hands.
The spare case gets divided between them and shared out.

This way they get to take some great AG Beer home with them for Xmas.

Note; I do not want to be balmed for when they sucumb to "the power of the AG Side...for powerful it is....but remember....with great power comes greater responsibility..."

This way they get to take some great AG Beer home with them for Xmas.

Note; I do not want to be balmed for when they sucumb to "the power of the AG Side...for powerful it is....but remember....with great power comes greater responsibility..."

Thats why some of us are very responsible fulltime all the time AGer's and some of us, well :rolleyes:

BYB

Thats why some of us are very responsible fulltime all the time AGer's and some of us, well :rolleyes:

BYB

Come on Andy you know it's better to encourage the one's who have backsliden, back to the evil ways of K&K. You know if you give them too much stick they'll give up brewing all together. Only to be found hanging drive thru's and discount liquor stores buying XXXX and VB and muttering how good it is. Lover the sinner not the sin, he'll come back to his senses soon enough, as long as we encouraging him and perhap we should start a support group for him and take turn at going over his place on weekends and make sure the only brewing he's does at least has some grain in it of some description. ;)

as long as we encouraging him and perhap we should start a support group for him and take turn at going over his place on weekends and make sure the only brewing he's does at least has some grain in it of some description. ;)

Yep point taken.

We may also have to start an AG vigil around the clock. Sort a roster out and sit out front his place. We could shout something like "youre not worthy" :lol: Hopefully we can get him up to speed before the next National Comp in Canberra ;)

BYB

i cracked on of mine last night to make sure i didn't have to brew something else last minute, but it's not a bad drop at all. very very easy drinking, but a smidgeon undercarbed. might still have some way to go but i'm guessing i have stuffed my bulk priming calculations (doesn't taste sweet or anything)...

Just tasting my Altbier as we speak. The yeastiness is throwing me a bit but it seems to be a goodun!

I shall be bottling this from the keg to give it some extra CC'ing time and to have it ready to drink.

Having trouble keeping up with how many bottles we need, how many we at now?? Finally got the ok from work to have the day off so i will be there.

Having trouble keeping up with how many bottles we need, how many we at now?? Finally got the ok from work to have the day off so i will be there.

Unless of course the oven breaks down again :huh:

BYB

I hope you're in better form this time around! :rolleyes:

Maybe bring a smaller glass :)

Does anyone attending the swap live in or near the western suburbs?

I'm unable to attend due to cricket and BYB will have some hops he is trying to get to me.

Is there anyone willing to take them from him so I can pick them up locally?

Cheers
Steve

I'm in Western suburbs, near Footy Park, and can pick them up for you if you like.

Latest posts

Back