2008 Sa Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you have a TLR?

You betcha. 1956(?) Meopta Flexaret....my daughter calls it "movie in a box" cos of the lookdown, 1:1 viewfinder. Will also bring my D70 and F60....if you want 'artistic' fun, I have a zenit with a modified pinhole lense if I can find it.....I think the blurred effect would be appropriate, given the occasion. :p

I didn't know there would be cameras when I signed up... :unsure:

Fortunately (?) I have to leave early so there shouldn't be too much incriminating evidence... :ph34r:

I scored a miracle box a week ago plan on bringing it if i come just need to test it out 1st

You betcha. 1956(?) Meopta Flexaret....my daughter calls it "movie in a box" cos of the lookdown, 1:1 viewfinder. Will also bring my D70 and F60....if you want 'artistic' fun, I have a zenit with a modified pinhole lense if I can find it.....I think the blurred effect would be appropriate, given the occasion. :p

haha that's awesome. i'm upgrading to a 40D soonish, so am basically bringing the 300D and my cheapest lense for happy snaps as i'm not too fussed if something happens to them :p brand new 40D and a $400 tamron 'SP' lense on the other hand...

Well my beer is bottled and should be ripe for the drinking come swap time. Woohoo!!!

Cheers

HK

Brewed thurshday night, pitched on friday morning....checked it last night, and appears to be damn near finished. Wayne was right when I was speaking to him last week....the yorkshire yeast goes off like a whippet in heat when it's repitched from the top skimmings. :eek:

Mine was brewed and pitched yesterday, did you take an OG Wayne?

:unsure: uhhh.....no.....I thought you would have :lol:

Guess you have an idea for a name for that beer then.........since it's a German Alt perhaps maybe "unbekannte Soldat ale"(unknown soldier ale)

or if you're really at a loss maybe "bedauern wir vergessen haben" (sorry we forgot) :lol:

Well mine is at a bit over 10 brix now... im guessing it started around 1.048. It tastes/smells like it's going but not a hint of krausen!

well i just finished bottling mine, 30 longnecks so i'll have a few for sampling at the case swap. man, i remember why i got into kegging, bottling sucks balls :p
suppose i should brew my case swap pissup-on-the-day brew soon. so ppls, heffeweizen or dunkelweizen??? i can't decide...

Dunkel! I'm sure there'll be a few hefes.

Well mine is at a bit over 10 brix now... im guessing it started around 1.048. It tastes/smells like it's going but not a hint of krausen!

Mine's going for it, 3 inches of krausen - told you that wasn't enough of the starter in yours ya chicken :p :lol: ........

Ahhhh I think it's building up now. I bumped the temperature up a little, it was at 14.

I may have to keg carb this one and bottle from the keg!

A few ppl have mentioned they aren't planning on hanging around all day. Something about the possibility of a pink appendage despite the fact i have declared it illegal.

So can ppl please be there earlier rather than later so we can have the swap done by no later than 5pm. I figure the earlier we get the swap done the less likely we are to make mistakes and take home a crate of our own beer.....

One other thought i had - i do have them occasionally, is that i lack beer glasses. I did have a few but they have a habit of leaping out of my hands and swan diving onto concrete. Is it possible for people to bring their favourite drinking vessel along. Should look good for the official case swap picture (i assume due to the nerdy camera talk there are a few pro photographers amongst you)

Cheers
DrSmurto

p.s and if anyone doesnt knwo where my username comes form refer back to the 2007 xmas case swap thread... or just ask Himzo or BenH what my name means.

I found the glass I'm bringing......

Giant_Beer_Glass.jpg

Also, the missus is now coming back from Sydney that morning, so I'll be bringing her along as well. So that's a +1 on the 'other halves' tally, but a -1 on the 'staying the night' tally.

Cheers.

A few ppl have mentioned they aren't planning on hanging around all day. Something about the possibility of a pink appendage despite the fact i have declared it illegal.

One other thought i had - i do have them occasionally, is that i lack beer glasses. I did have a few but they have a habit of leaping out of my hands and swan diving onto concrete.

Cheers
DrSmurto

Where everyones sense of fun :(

As for glasses, I still have glass under my bar cupboard from the last swan dive contest in July. But I will be sure to find / bring my own.

BYB

One other thought i had - i do have them occasionally, is that i lack beer glasses. I did have a few but they have a habit of leaping out of my hands and swan diving onto concrete. Is it possible for people to bring their favourite drinking vessel along.
ah yes, 'Smurtiatis' where the charge of one's hands are the same as glass creating a repulsive force between hand a glass. in extreme cases, where the supply of glasses has been exhausted, sufferers have been forced to drink straight from the tap. :p

i can bring a bunch of your garden variety pint glasses if you want. the el chepo type i was using at BYB's July gig.

Back