2008 Sa Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also plan on taking some cuttings of my hops and putting them in pots for those who didnt want to pay $100 a rhizome. Cant promise i am as green thumbed as Wally last year but a free hop is a free hop?

The Countdown has started! 71 days to go.....

A scholar and a gent, Mark. Very generous. As a matter of interest, what sort of hop is it?

Cleaned up the wiki a tad.

Could brewers start adding what beer they are contributing and what yeast (if they plan on having yeast in the bottle).

I have a 40 x 20 shed. Plenty of space for people to roll out swags. Or if you want to pitch a tent the backyard will accommodate several altho i may get in the way of an impromptu cricket match. The only spare bed in the house has been taken (GMK).

I have a 3 tap font so if people bring a keg along i am happy to rotate a few on and off over the course of the day. I have 2 picnic taps as well.

Rustyc - bringing the new shiny smoker?

Anyone else got a weber they could donate? I will be making a decent amount of the Ring Burning Chicken again....

I figured a bbq would be the easiest option. An all day grazing affair.

Well, after having a couple of Altbiers today I think I might give brewing one a crack for the swap. You can all be the guinea pigs!

I currently have a Pilsner fermenting, not currently intended as the swap but will see what is tasting good before the day.

I am using Wyeast 2278 - Czech Pilsner, and will probably rack to secondary next weekend 11-12 Oct, if ferment has finished. Currently been fermenting for a week at 12 C.

Anyone in need for a yeast slurry for the swap? Brewing at Mt Pleasant 50L batch should be plenty available, 1st generation.

Hi DrSmurto

I wont be making it to the swap this Christmas heading over to South Africa to see the wifes familyand leave on the 11th but more then happy to donate the smoker happy to drop it up there the weekend before the swap just let me know.

Cheers

Rusty

I will be making my first foray into slanting in the next couple of weeks, so hopefully will have some 0 gen slants to swap as well.

Am currently tweaking the tech side of doing an ultra low (english, of course), but am still having body issues (the beer, not the gut :D ). If I can sort it out (to my level of satisfaction) before the swap, thats what I'll be putting in. Failing that, it will be my regular, tried and true, session mild. I will most likely be using Thames Valley 1275 for it, But I have my order in for the West Yorkshire, so I may go with that......

Well, after having a couple of Altbiers today I think I might give brewing one a crack for the swap. You can all be the guinea pigs!

Mmmmm, Altbier. As close to a summer quaffer as i reckon we will get you to brew mate!

I'll bring my charcoal barbie if you want...

Yes please!

Chinook and Cascade to give away :) Pick me Pick me :)

BYB

No worries

I currently have a Pilsner fermenting, not currently intended as the swap but will see what is tasting good before the day.

I am using Wyeast 2278 - Czech Pilsner, and will probably rack to secondary next weekend 11-12 Oct, if ferment has finished. Currently been fermenting for a week at 12 C.

Anyone in need for a yeast slurry for the swap? Brewing at Mt Pleasant 50L batch should be plenty available, 1st generation.

Since Mt Pleasant is a few mins down the road..... i can easily swap you some yeast for the 2278. I have a yeast cake of 2000, 2206, 1968 and 1028 if you are interested.

Hi DrSmurto

I wont be making it to the swap this Christmas heading over to South Africa to see the wifes familyand leave on the 11th but more then happy to donate the smoker happy to drop it up there the weekend before the swap just let me know.

Cheers

Rusty

Love your work mate, will make sure you get a few beers for the long drive up and back!

Put me down for some chinnok and cascade please

i won't have any cuttings or rhizomes to trade, but i can make up yeast slants or cultures of whatever i've got for a goldings maybe?

Hi guys,

It's not too late to enter the swap is it? I'll do a stock take and see what I have that would be suitable for summer, and is in long necks (I brew AG with a mate at his house). I do have a cube of Munich Dunkel lagering at the moment, and a Wit that was just bottled, haven't tasted either of them though!

Rudy - add your name to the wiki article

Will have to close this pretty soon so we know how many bottles are needed. Is this Friday ok?

Sounds fair. Thats 2 months from the time this thread was opened, so everyone has had plenty of time to sign up.

Only a few hours left before the Case is declared locked.

All you lurkers, its time to decide whether you are in the swap or just rocking up with beer to share......

63 days to go......

Only a few hours left before the Case is declared locked.

All you lurkers, its time to decide whether you are in the swap or just rocking up with beer to share......

63 days to go......

9 weeks! hey if i go 4 weeks of cold conditioning, 5ish weeks should be ample time in the bottle to prime right?

9 weeks! hey if i go 4 weeks of cold conditioning, 5ish weeks should be ample time in the bottle to prime right?

Just stick a best after date on the bottle when you think its the goods. If i bottle prime to allow people access to wyeast 1469 then it will be a few days prior to the swap to allow max conditioning time. In that case, a best after date at least 2 if not 4 weeks after the swap will go on the label.

tempted to keg then bottle and just hand out vials of 1469.......

I have access to a commercial cold room if any one needs a hand with lagering kegs or swap beers, approx 3.0-3.5degC.
I am happy to hold and transport to Mt Torrens on the day.
I live in the CBD, for anyone from the Southern side that wants another drop off point.

Back