2 Dollar Bazooka T

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TidalPete said:
warrenlw63 said:
Ausdb
It must be the wider base/surface area. I'm not sure but they sure leave less muck behind compared to a keg. :beerbang:

Ausdb, I thought ss scrubbies blocked up when used in conjunction with pellets? Do you know something I don't?

Warren I definately think its a geometry issue, as the whirlpool gets most of the crud to the middle and you can pickup from the edge. I am actually really happy with the pot, it is not very thick but I plan on getting a piece of ali sheet to fit underneath to act as a heat difffuser. At the moment it is not a problem as I have borrowed GL's old 4 ring burner as he is a nasa user now and the combination of large pot base and 4 ring works very well up to a 35 L boil. I think if I get a nasa or use my blowtorch again the diffuser will be necessary to stop scorching from the localised heat.

TidalPete I normally use a mix of pellets and plugs normally 1 plug as a minimum, I will brew this week as I have fermenter of 1968 slurry in need of fresh wort and will take some pics of the setup and what it looks like.

ausdb said:
I am actually really happy with the pot, it is not very thick but I plan on getting a piece of ali sheet to fit underneath to act as a heat difffuser. At the moment it is not a problem as I have borrowed GL's old 4 ring burner as he is a nasa user now and the combination of large pot base and 4 ring works very well up to a 35 L boil. I think if I get a nasa or use my blowtorch again the diffuser will be necessary to stop scorching from the localised heat.

I'm lucky enough to have an aluminium base sandwiched between two layers of stainless at the base of my kettle. Very short boil time with the nasa.

Andrew --- That fine mesh looks like TermiMesh to me?

:beer:

BrissyBrew said:
Andrew is that termimesh?
[post="122809"][/post]​

To be honest, I have no idea. I just went to my local S/S supplier, they have heaps of mesh of all different gauge and stiffness.My biggest problem was picking from the range. Give your local S/S supplier a call and see what they have.

Maybe this mob? or one of the other ones in the yellow pages
Brisbane Steel Supplies
26 Moss St Slacks Creek QLD 4127
ph: (07) 3808 5903

Cheers
Andrew

I bought 2kg of SS mesh of varing sizes from my local scrap yard for $7.00, worth a look :)

BrissyBrew said:
Andrew is that termimesh?
[post="122809"][/post]​

You be the judge Brissy? When comparing the mesh of Andrew's first pic with the echidena's eye on the 5 cent piece, then doing the same with a pic of my TermiMesh (Below) I tend to think that the real TermiMesh has a slightly finer mesh. What do you reckon?

:beer:

IMG_0115.JPG

I think your right Pete, your termimesh is a lot finer.

Cheers
Andrew

Back