$120 For A Crowny?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spartan 117

Reaction score
Hey Guy's

Heading otu with SWMBO tonight for some seafood and a movie, heading into melbourne CBD and have booked a table in this place Fish Seafood Grill had a look through there menu and in there beer section they have a crown lager for $120..... WTH... would you pay this much for a crown lager or any beer for that matter???

I'd say you missed the decimal place and they are all trendily quoted as $12.0. Even then I wouldn't pay more than about $6 for one.

I'd say you missed the decimal place and they are all trendily quoted as $12.0. Even then I wouldn't pay more than about $6 for one.

unfortunately i think they are serius if yu follow the link you will se they are trying to sell of special crowns only 5000 made blah blah blah wank wank wank.

my uncle hd a few vbs roling around the back of his ute for a few month, im thinking of call it F250 aged special edition VB imported from tennant creek only $200 a can, taking orders now.

Seems odd that it would state on the menu that the beer could be cellared for up to ten years.

Not often I get to walk out with my doggy bag of leftovers and a beer to cellar for ten years after dinner at a restaurant.

Kev

Seems odd that it would state on the menu that the beer could be cellared for up to ten years.
Very odd indeed. It's not often to see "vintaged" beers in a resturant to begin with, and you think it'd be more like with wines, where they simply state the vintage year for instance. Can't ever recall any menu mentioning that Grange (or any other wine for that matter) can be vintaged for say 50 years...but that's probably more common knowledge.
The idea of vintage beer is new for most. I think the concept is enough to scare most folk and their preconceptions about beer. :rolleyes:

Anyway, having said all that, from what i've heard Crown Ambassador is a good drop but definately not worth that much and probably not ideally cellared for a lengthy period of time...it has a nice hop aroma apparently, that will degrade with time.
Which reminds me...i should really get stuck into mine in the near future...

Sounds like the biggest joke ever although unfortunately it isn't: http://fosters.com.au/enjoy/2E3B9D72496A45...9FEB36C71DC.htm.

Utter wank from beginning to end and only acceptable among drinkers who actually believe crown is a premium beer as opposed to carlton draught, served in a shampoo bottle with invisible bits of egg sandwich.

John Howard will get bottle number 11 to celebrate his years in office.

In the words of the guy from the joke shop:

'Well....................

Whoopee shit!!"

John Howard will get bottle number 11 to celebrate his years in office.

So long as said bottle is launched at his head when he's not looking, fine! (i'd probably even pay for it myself!)

Cheers SJ

Sounds like the biggest joke ever although unfortunately it isn't: http://fosters.com.au/enjoy/2E3B9D72496A45...9FEB36C71DC.htm.

Utter wank from beginning to end and only acceptable among drinkers who actually believe crown is a premium beer as opposed to carlton draught, served in a shampoo bottle with invisible bits of egg sandwich.

Have you tried the Ambassador? It is nothing like its 'premium' little brother.
It is an utterly fantastic beer.
Overpriced yes, but still an amazing drop.

Latest posts

Back